S397 Cars look unrealistically shiny?

I'm running the game maxed out in dx11 mode with post processing on ultra and I've noticed when running through shadows or dusk the S397 Cars especially the Civic NGTC have a horrible unrealistic shine over them where as in the screenshots from isi originally show it having a quite matte shine to it is there something I'm missing or is this just how the cars are meant to be?

I'm running the game maxed out in dx11 mode with post processing on ultra and I've noticed when running through shadows or dusk the S397 Cars especially the Civic NGTC have a horrible unrealistic shine over them where as in the screenshots from isi originally show it having a quite matte shine to it is there something I'm missing or is this just how the cars are meant to be?

That's what it is for now, yeah. Users talk about it a lot in the last days as everyone wants to try to help to figure out what is wrong with the visuals... It's not that easy to create plausible visuals when you have added HDR, additional 3rd party Post Processing and a new Image Based Lighting system to a game engine that went from DX9 to DX11 in the last 2 years, that also provides 24h day night circles...

I'm sure the dev's will fine-tune this stuff in the future.

I fixed my custom skins by setting up the alpha channel - you can go full opaque for a matte looking finish, removes all gloss effect, the more transparent you make your alpha layer the more reflective the skin will become. Hope that helps someone.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back