Resource icon

Skins S397 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 TAG HEUER Skin + Extra 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
do these have the new materials from S397?
I highly imagine the materials are inside the shaders the settings,
maybe there is some tricks inside the "textures" but anything past black and white in the alpha channel,
or blended alpha will be the most extreme thing what will have been achieved,
I doubt very much the skins will have special properties or superpowers. :)

I highly imagine the materials are inside the shaders the settings,
maybe there is some tricks inside the "textures" but anything past black and white in the alpha channel,
or blended alpha will be the most extreme thing what will have been achieved,
I doubt very much the skins will have special properties or superpowers. :)
As long as S397 haven't published the documentation, all skins are just textures and add some color to the grid. But beyond that none of the fancy new PBR features can be used.

As long as S397 haven't published the documentation, all skins are just textures and add some color to the grid. But beyond that none of the fancy new PBR features can be used.
Well he must have extracted the car through 3DSimed,
and created and baked his own templates, so just a case of matching what is there in the files I imagine. :)

Nope. That's not needed at all. Guess you have not yet dived into the rF2 ecosystem right? :D
You can just create a custom skin from within the game (it copies the default skin of that car and creates a basic driver talent file) and the new GT3 have nothing more than flat DDS textures (i.e. no AO or such). The details come with other textures through the new shaders (that's what's currently not documented/made public).
Beyond that, the files are all encrypted. 3DSimEd and other tools are useless here :D
In summary you can create a simple template for the GT3 cars in just a couple of minutes. But the skins will never look as good as the original content because you can only use the fallback version of the shaders :cool:

Nope. That's not needed at all. Guess you have not yet dived into the rF2 ecosystem right? :D
You can just create a custom skin from within the game (it copies the default skin of that car and creates a basic driver talent file) and the new GT3 have nothing more than flat DDS textures (i.e. no AO or such). The details come with other textures through the new shaders (that's what's currently not documented/made public).
Beyond that, the files are all encrypted. 3DSimEd and other tools are useless here :D
In summary you can create a simple template for the GT3 cars in just a couple of minutes. But the skins will never look as good as the original content because you can only use the fallback version of the shaders :cool:
Yeah tend to stay away from this stuff to be honest, I have official content ingame but never added the shaders, its faster to make the cars than add them for me, if thats the case then I tend not to get too excited with stuff, hopefully 1 day everything will be user friendly, UI is a joke from 1995, and adding the cars was not thought out correctly, anyways I am sure someone appreciates the skins non the less. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%