S22 - General Discussion

Sep 5, 2018
Merry Christmas to everyone too.

I'll see you all next year, when hopefully I won't only see you in my rear-view mirrors just after I've spun!

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope you all have a great few days and don't eat and drink too much as this can affect your overall car weight and we might need to issue ballast penalties.

:D

Reactions: Andrew Hollom

Valerio Vinassa

PrestoGP Veteran
Dec 24, 2009
Merry Christmas to the families of the drivers for their endless patience throughout the championship:D

Sep 9, 2012
Hey David, just a suggestion :)
I would like to have a "Welcome Message" when a driver joins the server to inform people, this creates maybe some registrations also at the fun-race servers for next season.
Like "Join PrestoGP ... visit RaceDepartment.com ..." or somthing like this ... I`m not exceptionally gifted for marketing :D
I read there is a plugin available for this on Studio-397 Forum :)

Sep 5, 2018
I've seen announcements for one-off and series races on Steam, so it might be an idea to advertise our next season, and even the fun races too, to see if we can get some more entrants. These do work, as I recently did a one-off 1975 F1 race with CRS that I otherwise would not have known about.

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
If your able to then advertise us anywhere you see fit, obviously if its another forum then ask permission first.

do not advertise us on RD outwith our own section, as we are a free to join league it wouldnt be fair to advertise our races over the premium only racing club races.

Reactions: MOOOOOOOOOSCHT

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Hi and welcome :)

As Raymond says your already a member of RD and so you can now become a member of PrestoGP. The guidelines have some outdated terminology in them still in that in days gone by when you signed up for RD you became a licensed member, now they have changed that and you become just a member but you have the option of being a premium member where you can access their club races and RD hosted leagues and events. Here at PrestoGP you dont need to be premium but you do need to be a member of RD and like Raymond already stated, you already are :)

Sign up thread for Season 21 is open and you can stick your name down for that and watch the forum for any fun races that will happen before then :)

Reactions: MOOOOOOOOOSCHT
Sep 9, 2012
Hey David, again just a suggestion and if it doesn`t create too much work for you :)
Can you add to the "Welcome message" concrete appointments like:
"13th Feb next fun race" and
"20th Feb start of next season"

And if possible delete the /w`s :whistling: