RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well despite getting pushed off and bashed about a bit by 2 guys who maybe forgot their happy pills i really enjoyed my first outing in the little volvo despite being well down the grid in both races it was great fun trying to scrap through the grid from last or nearly last places in both races. :dance2:

I was a bit worried the volvo was going to be a boring little fart of a thing before the race as it felt so stable and almost arcade like and you can really throw it around everywhere, it reminds me a lot of the old Ford XR2 but where a dab of the brakes was enough to swing the XR2 around this beast is a bit different and all night i struggled to master the brakes and never quite got there :disapointed: I still prefer the BMW or Alfa for a thrill but this was good fun.

Thnx to all who made it a good nights racing :good:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small note regarding the weather...
This thing of changeable weather is a joke… there is no change (or any randomness), there were 2 kinds of people on that track, those who knew in advance the race would be in hot temperature, and those who
didn
’t

For instances, my front left tire on the 1st race climbed all the way up to 125°C, and I more or less was expecting it as I went in the server in the morning for a few minutes… for the 2nd race I could do a few changes (not perfect but better), I can only imagine those who setup the cars for 20°C air temperature but on limit (camber, suspension and such) and then raced on 32°C with the same setup, what?! 130°C tire temperature ?!

Sugetions

• Pre
    set the weather, and everyone knows in advance (
    ie
    . wet practice, dump qualify, dump cold race or whatever
    ).
  • Server reset before the official practice start (this way it will be random for everyone) but a warning, we might end up with hot & dry training sessions followed by cold and rainy race.
  • Always race in "ideal" conditions... (in my opinion it is dull).
  • Have someone (not racing) to change the weather at the server (don't know if this is possible, it was in GTR2).
sorry but i do not agree with you there, like everyone else you had the chance to check the forecast before the race and have a setup ready to suit the conditions. I know the changeable weather is not perfect but it does add a bit of variety when some cars tyres can handle the heat better than others and it is not as if you have many options to change before the race, you are limited to the one tyre compound, fixed rad opening etc so about all you can do is adjust tyre pressure to either retain or disperse heat, so as i see it is is fair for EVERYBODY. If you had been on teamspeak then you would of heard myself and others commenting on how hot our tyres got during the race so it was not just you.

Also I want to apologize to the Audi driver. I ran in to the rear end of your car two times at the beginning of race two. Even though you didn't spin you lost some time and it was a bad mistake from my side. Sorry for that too =/

No problem Jesper, you waited for me, i did lost a few seconds but nothing to worry about, thanks. :handshake:

At the end of lap 6 beginning of 7th I was observing Paulo Ribeiro (Volvo c60 4th)

In fact i was driving the Audi A4 :p and let me add that is always a pleasure read your posts. :yo:

Now the event:
Qualified 9th, first race was.....normal....not much to tell about, a few scrapps and finished 6th.
Second race due to my first race final position, started 3rd, lost a place for the Beemer at start and was quite confident on second race, but i was sorrounded by Leons and C30s and if i could brake and exit turns well, i lost entering corners and top speed. Some few good fights, however lost the 3rd place at first corner, following David's or Vedram's car (sorry, really don't remember) running wide into the gravel. :doh:
Managed a final 5th place tho. So, with no practice and driving a car that noone wants, :eek: i'm reallly happy!

Congrats to winners and podium finishers and thanks to all drivers. :whoo:

Thank you Simon for organizing the event at 20.00 :thanks:
Cheers.

One of the best races I attended.

Quali

Do not believe it when the time 2 11 6xx. Got the 5th.

Race

Actually I was a bit reckless in the first curve as it lost the point of braking the car. But it put him well inside, and left room for other spending.

I do not know why the João Andiss is so anxious to find culprits for their performance, and want a stop & go by I almost hit. Because in the first lap I was in 4th position when in a curve of low speed he hit my car (I waited as the rules go, I apologize) I fell to the 12th position. But do not hit anyone in the rest of the race. Even to speak the truth thank the Andies so for me it just provides great disputes for position, first with Adam Vaughan then with Mitchell Philipi. Im finish in 5th

If my ping is mixed in the next races and for me that I communicate retreat of the event because I do not want to hinder the fun of anyone.

I thank all the great race.:laugh2:​

sorry but i do not agree with you there, like everyone else you had the chance to check the forecast before the race and have a setup ready to suit the conditions...

As I said in my post, I did check the weather (early morning), and more or less the setup I did suited to the conditions... by now I'm sort of a "veteran" of these things (kind of new to RD no doubt but not to club racing), so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the idea a few people don't know how the "changeable" weather isn't random in Race07 (well it is, after a server restart, then no more). As I'm always looking for more competition, the idea of having people at disadvantage to me is something I don't like (but no doubt have to leave with).

....so about all you can do is adjust tyre pressure to either retain or disperse heat...

Suspension and camber? You don't adjust those too?
In the first race my left front tire was at 52% at the end of the 2nd it was at 61% (C30).

so as i see it is is fair for EVERYBODY. If you had been on teamspeak then you would of heard myself and others commenting on how hot our tyres got during the race so it was not just you.

Again... I wasn't thinking specifically of myself, I didn't had much time to practice the track much less the car before the race because of other compromises (but that is my problem, not others fault), in this event I was about the 4th quickest and ended 3rd overall wish was above my expectations, so the things went well for me (ok, it can always be better, but... it could be worst :D).

Just out of curiosity, short of going into the RD server do a race alone with those conditions and do a setup (and during that time, very few people can join the server) is there a way one can set up those specific conditions in single player mode? None dedicated server with 1 slot perhaps?

In fact i was driving the Audi A4 and let me add that is always a pleasure read your posts...

Thanks.... from the rear they all look the same :D

last night was fun... took the toledo cos it just felt fun to drive... happy with my 1:49.4xx quali, although very much at the back 19th i think in the end :)

in race 1 had a good few scraps around the way, lap 6ish at turn 2 was good taking 2 cars in one move, only to throw it away at turn 3. crossed in 12th! no right to be there imo but there we go.

race 2, wee tap from behind from mr t who kindly stopped to let me regain the tarmac put a bit of damage on the suspension (about 15 degs turn to right to get it straight) took a while to adjust but again had a good few scraps around the way dropping to 15th on the last lap when mr hill went past me despite my efforts to hold him back.

did see a few aggressive moves around the night some way over the top. need to curb that in the club. controlled aggression is whats called for and if you do take someone off when you didn't mean to remember the golden rule. apart from that great racing from the majority. loved it!

thanks to organisers and RD.

Suspension and camber? You don't adjust those too?
for a 10 or 12 lap club race no i do not bother, i do a few laps, have a quick look at motec to see the dampers are working properly and see what ground clearance i have, try to get the balance sorted then i am off. OK you could spend ages sorting a setup for every scenario but the likes of last night it was the first time i had raced the track in race07 but knew it well from gtr2 so i was lucky if i had done 10 laps before the practice session but still loved the race. Yes my front left overheated but it was an even overheat across the tyre so no big problem and even if the temperature had been lower i would still of overheated the same tyre as i always seem to do at this track when the last corner just begs you to push push push :laugh2:

Like me, English isn't your fist language, I will answer this as I'm understanding it (wish might be wrong, so sorry).

...I do not know why the João Andiss is so anxious to find culprits for their performance, and want a stop & go by I almost hit....

To be short...
No, I don't (didn't) want a stop and go... and yes, I don't like "do or dies" in the 1st turn of an endurace race :D

In an official SimBin track (like Curitiba for instances) if you go fully outside of the white line (4 wheels outside) at a race start, likely you will get an immediate stop & go.

I know this, because in public servers I've been in situations where an accident happens when the red light goes out and I do have to go fully outside of the track (even on the straight), and immediately receive a stop & go (no warning).

"Culprit", maybe is a too strong word...
maybe "guilty" is better (English again)?

In certain places it is usual for the guilt to "die single"... but I'm not like that, I have no problem of assuming my own mistakes, so I also have no problem in giving the "credit"/"guilt" where I think it is due (any one can disagree and have his own view).

After a few races with you (a few of them we raced close), I now know more or less your virtual racing style and tactics.... they are different from mine, I can leave with that, I take it into account and in a way I'm glad they are different, or virtual racing could be dull;)
Above all I notice you are an enthusiast simracer (you do many events I also do and some more) and that is good for the community.

...Because in the first lap I was in 4th position when in a curve of low speed he hit my car (I waited as the rules go, I apologize) I fell to the 12th position.

Yes, I'm sorry... I don't usually bump into others, but at this race in particular I made contact 2 times (my fault). Your case was just bad luck, for both of us, your car was in one position, then it jumped back, and I hit you. In the future, I will try to leave more room for racers with high pings to me.

...If my ping is mixed in the next races and for me that I communicate retreat of the event because I do not want to hinder the fun of anyone...

The events organizers (US RD) are aware of this situation and (I think) as you know they are testing this West Coast server with us (there will be a F3000 test race soon I think).

Its just a question of averages... to US/Ca, Oz/Kw and Asian players it is likely better, but for European and east coast South Americans it gives higher pings to the server (not between players, those are always the same I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%