RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server 2

2 stunningly fun races, then on quali in race 3 my graphics driver crashed, steam and Race crashed, and I couldn't get the damn thing started again in time before the race started ... GUUUTTTTED, I love l'rock mountain and was on a roll. :sad:

Will do a full report later ...

• Matt Crouch

Another month, another Friday the 13th!

first race. Got in 3 laps of practice having never driven the track before, qualified near the back and at the start of the race my centring force completely disappeared so I spent the whole race driving with a limp fish of a wheel. :D rather disconcerting, specially for the first couple of laps but had a good race with Steven / Buxton for the first half. Second half was somewhat lonely.

second race got a very surprising 2nd place quali. Good first 2 or 3 laps staying in second place. Possibly even led for a tiny fraction of a second before T1, was feeling quite confident as I seemed to be increasing the distance on Mark behind, even though Steve was pulling away ahead... until I managed to oversteer on the very fast left, hit the tyres backwards and damaged my steering pretty badly, wheel was off-centre and started oversteering at random moments. Had to keep the brakes on round certain corners to keep it in line. Came off a few more times mostly due to the damage. On one lap down the straight everything went black for a few seconds and I was rather lucky not to hit anything. Ended up finishing just after Dietmar, who was the person I qualified behind in the first place, except I was a lap down...! It is a nice track for minis though.

Didn't get to do the third race as I had a loong phone call at the start of practice :( Was looking forward to this one the most as well..

Thanks for the event, was interesting to do this formatbut I do like an Enduro... :bang:

Server 1#

Race 1:- had fun... didn't finish last. :victory:

Race 2:- Went from 12th to 5th to dead car by lap 2..... Hmmmmm..

Race 3:- Was my first ever track I raced on RD... I was lonely at the back on my first race and I was lonely at the back on this one too.... :nod:

Well done Bobby Bob. I believe it was 2 out of 3. Please quote me if I'm wrong :good: and well done to Mr Palmer for your win too :good:

Love the idea of 3 tracks. More of a challenge and gives you chance to go for a pee in between. :D Missus doesn't like warped wooden flooring. :(

Thank you Mr Evans :beer: and RD :woot:

Server 1:
Race 1 - 4th:
I had raced the track with the R8s before, so I knew what to expect, but it got tight in the first corner, and had to room on the inside. I was involved in contact with someone, but I dont know what exactly happened. Anyway, sorry mate. Couldn't quite keep up with the front 3, and finished 4th. I was well chuffed :D. Congrats to Bob.

Race 2 - 2nd:
Qualified 4th, highest ever for me. Had a great start, jumped 3 cars by the firs corner. I was sticking to Steven for a while, and then he pulled away. Was a strange track, more suited to karts at some places, very tight in most corners. Congrats to Steven.

Race 3 - 2nd:
Surprisingly, qualified 4th again. Had a good start, jumped 2 or 3 cars by the first corner. Bob was quick, he slowly peeled away, while the two lads from Team N. Ireland were gaining. I was scared... I bumped Kieran by accident, we were a bit close. I gave the position back, but lost Bob. I was able to take Kieran again, I think he went off. Bob had a problem and his 13 second lead was 2. It was like this for pretty much the rest of the race. Congrats Bob (and Laurance and kieran, good team-mates :p).

My third Mini event, and I think I'm getting the hang of the Mini's, I like them now. Funny, on Friday the 13th, I am better than I ever was...

:bang:

Thanks RD for a great event... You certainly know how to tire a man, 3 races back to back in a hot room!

• Andrew Evans

welp, was laverly to revisit some of these mini classics.... nice fights all thru the evening...

limerock was shaping up nicely... i was running 5th in a hazy little bubble, thinking wow, i can see all the people in front of me... when i was savagely ripped out of my daydream by the cone of champions...

all the times i've been here i've never hit it, didn't even know where it was... was pretty much like someone throwing a bucket of cold water over you... that you weren't expecting... you know... "for a laugh".....

SERVER 1

Woot I won my first RD race :first:

Great evening Andrew, nice to visit some of the tracks from previous events.

Race reports tomorrow. Off for a beer :beer:

Here's Server 1 Quali and Results

RACE 1

race-1-quali.jpg

race-1-result.jpg

RACE 2

race-2-quali.jpg

race-2-results.jpg

RACE 3

race-3-quali.jpg

race-3-results.jpg

• Kieran Mcgeachy

What a great nites racing guys i finished all three races thats a change for me lmao.
1ST 3 podiums aswell wohoo

CHARADE

1ST- Bob Miley
2ND-ME
3RD-Laurance Lemon

qualified 3rd, great start although unlucky for mr palmer and few others to get caught up at the start. Bob was miles ahead of me was miles ahead of me in 1st position and i was in 2nd never catching him and pulled 6 or 7 secs from my da (laurance lemon) in 3rd position by the end of the race.

LE MAS DU CLOS

1ST- STEPHEN PALMER
2ND-MARK BIRNEY
3RD-ME

Qualifying went well again Spent the whole race chasing mark and stephen couple seconds ahead of me but managed to hold third to the end.

LIMEROCK MOUNTAIN

1ST-BOB MILEY
2ND-MARK BIRNEY
3RD-ME

Qualified in 5th position, got a good start past andrew in 4th going up the hill wish led to fall behind mark in 3rd position and my da behind me in 5th the 3 of us battled the whole race out switching positions but mark held 2nd and i held 3rd to the end.

Grats to all that finished the races and well done mr palmer winning his first race.

Thanks to RD and Andrew for the events.

For me this was the perfect format for the Minis,a real nice paced event that keeps the night simply action packed!.

Race one was the only new track in the Mini for me but i settled in well getting a pole lap and away good from the line but sketchy first couple of turns that let Mr. Goldthorpey bully his way past me :p,recovered 4th right on the tail of a couple of team mates,i think they were both being kind letting me pass (naughty boys!)...was happy following Rob around a lap or so then pounced at the bottom of the hill double apex left,dunno what happened but the gap suddenly jumped,a few laps later Lee put a real charge on a hauled me in nicely,i really had to push to maintain about a 1.3'ish gap,then again the gap suddenly grew,crossed the line to watch Lee splutter over on empty and just lose 2nd place at the line!!!.
Excellent race though,well done all :good:.

I had an old setup from the last time at Le Mas and got dialled in good taking pole again and a good start with a much more stable first lap and was happy to just gradually pull away from the marauding mental pack behind...looked like that lot were having waay too much fun,i managed to stack the car nose first into the barrier of that little downhill dip right hander leading to the very tight right with the big flat white cutting kerb bit...got damage to but the car was still fine,gap down to about 2secs and Hermy could smell blood,i pushed again and built up again to a comfy finish :).
Again just brilliant stuff! :good:.

Off to the Mountain of Racing Dreams and this time the pace has heated up and it takes a big big push to claim my 3rd pole of the night (astounded),another decent break away from the lights and again a very gradual ease away from Keith B. chasing,i think about lap 2 or 3 Keith went off very big and in a strange way at the bottom of the hill approaching the left hand hairpin,i looked rear view after hearing him screaming in too fast in time to see him fly through the gravel and smack the barriers hard,i think some battles behind let me pull away and happy this time to not make any mistakes :).
Just amazing fun ! :good:.

Big Thanks Andrew and RD,please let this be the future format for Mini maximum FunZ! :good:.

What a Night!!

Server1

Race 1
Q-1st
F-1st
I like this track a lot, got an excellent start and was never headed. Unusual for me I made very few mistakes and the ones I did make were small.

Race 2
Q-7th
F-4th
Not a fan of this track, used my setup from the last race there which didn`t do me any favours again. Enjoyed the challenge to stay in 4th but no chance with the pace of Steve Palmer, Congrats on a fantastic race.

Race 3
Q-1st
F-1st
Love this track to bits, specially in a mini. Got a rocket start (shock horror) and thought I would pull away, but Mark Birney took advantage of me going wide at the hairpin to take the lead. I managed to retake it 2 turns later when Mark went wide himself and gradually pulled out a big gap. Scary bit was around lap 9, as I went into the turn at the top of the hill, totally misjudged it and ended up going down the hill backwards and stuck to the barrier. Gunned it at the bottom to break away from the barrier, but my lead was down to 2 seconds and I had suspension damage and could not turn right smoothly anymore. Managed to hold on to the end.

Fantastic fast paced night of racing, but I still love the enduro events.

Thanks Andrew and RD for giving me the best night so far.:in-love:

Was fun but didn't do great tonight.
Dietmar if your replay shows that I hit you, ill send you mine as mine shows you just going off by yourself. I don't want to get kicked from RD for something I didn't do.

Relax Lewis...:handshake: will explain it in my race report which I am currently writing and if I would think that you did a major mistake I would handle it different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%