RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Ian Landry

Ian and Tim were having a blast!!:laugh2::laugh2:
That sums it up nicely for me! it was my first endurance race and it was definately the most fun I've had with the sim yet.:clap:

Was definately off the leaders pace and knew it as soon as I came on the server tonight. Was (and still am) struggling with the GT cars, and I'm not a fast guy anyway. Nevertheless, ran a 2:05 in qualy, which was close to my PB, and I later ran a 2:03 in the race, which for me was great!

Had an epic battle with Tim all evening long. I haven't watched the full replay, but I would say we were within a 2-3 second gap for the full hour (!!!), exchanging 6th place at least 5 times! Tim, this wa great fun, and if I'm ever in Michigan, I'm buying you a :beer:.

Eventually took 5th because others had pitstop/fuel problems I think.

Ian

• Ian Landry

I think I hit Ian(?) on the first lap but fortunately he just went wide and was able to continue. I certainly had too much latency at the start and was much too close to him given the amount of lag.. My apologies........
No problem, had next to no consequence whatsoever for me. If anything, maybe it made me miss Warren and Richard's crash!:laugh2:

SCREENSHOTS!!!!!! :D

1. The start:
RDUSA2a.JPG

2. I outbrake...
RDUSA2b.jpg

...And then pass Richard in what I think is one of the best passes I've ever done:
RDUSA2c.JPG

3. After being lapped, I (in the background) watch on as the battle between Keith and Yves rages:
RDUSA2d.JPG

4. Keith wins the race:
RDUSA2e.JPG

5. And Yves comes second:
RDUSA2f.JPG

6. I take 6th place in the final fraction of a second:
RDUSA2g.JPG

Enjoy! :laugh2:

Qual - couldn't really get a feel for the car and started fourth.

Race - got a good start up to second, then ran off the track trying to get past Keith who himself had been off the track. Then at T3 Keith and I made very light contact which made me run wide and then I got spun by Rhys. I slammed on the brakes and kept still in the hope that no one would hit me, but unfortunately Warren ran into me (not your fault, you had nowhere to go).

Rhys got past me and then I tapped him at the same corner on the next lap (sorry). He then ran off the track and I got past him again. I then got past Marcel when he spun due to Marmet and Keith joining in front of him. Unfortunately a few laps later the stupid POS nVidia grphics card locked up again and I was just so irritated that I left.

Thanks for organising the race and congrats to the winners.

A night of ups and downs. I just could not keep with the fast guys, and qualified 7th. I was trying to be very careful at the start because I have trouble with turn 1 at Istanbul. I saw some carnage up front, and tried to stay clear. I discovered from the replay after the race that I had not stayed clear,:disapointed: but had tapped Warren in the side, causing him to go off.:( I am really sorry Warren! If I had realized, I would have slowed to let you by. Then there was more carnage ahead, and I barely managed to miss someone sideways in the middle of the track. After dodging that bullet, I settled into 4th place. Some folks ahead spun off, and I moved to 2nd. I ran several laps there, and saw Keith comming up fast behind me. I found a good spot, and moved off line and slowed just a bit to let him by. No sense blocking someone who is running 2 seconds per lap faster. I settled into 3rd, and ran there for several laps. Then my tires started to go off, and Marcel started catching me up. I was sliding all over, so after he pressured me a while, I moved over to let him by as I did not want to have a crash from my slipping and sliding. Then Marcel went into the pits, and I was back to 3rd. Next lap I went in to the pits, and came out behind Marcel. I proceeded to chase him down for the rest of the race. I came out about 10 sec behind, and closed down to 1.6 at one point, but I just could not catch him. Nice run Marcel! I really enjoyed racing with you! :thumb:

To be honest, I was very pleased to finish 4th in this crowd, and also pleased that my fastest race lap was a PB by.5 sec! I tried very hard to run clean, fair and polite, and though that I had until I looked at the replay.:disapointed: That really took the wind out of my sails. Clearly I need to be more careful still. I am very sorry to wreck your race Warren. I assure you that I will try to do better.

Thanks to the organizers and to RD. It was a very well run event.

Chris

Absolutely no need to feel bad Chris. For some strange reason the tap turned more violent than it should have (maybe some lag or something), but that wasn't a problem, I was set up for an enduro and could easily have recovered from that.
My race was wrecked at the turn 3 fiasco. It's a miracle you missed Richard, but my reflexes must be slower, although I only saw him when you veered off, the Viper just isn't that nimble.

Don't worry about it, you were fine.

I came back and watched the battle between Yves and Keith. Great racing from both of them! It looked liked Yves' tires went away at the end though. The fakes and feints and then taking the late apexes were worth the price of admission.

- Bill

Nice work on those new skins mate ... quality work once more sir :good:

I haven't much time right now to update the Ultimate Skin Pack, and I am not sure Ryan's current status will allow him to do that either (??).

Sooo ... would you (or someone else) mind taking the honour on this Grégory and sorting it out with your new skins

Be good if you could also add any other new ones that might be kicking around in this week's and last week's sign up thread - I know Tim has an updated skin somewhere, and Carlos has one too?

Ohhhh yeah ... not with it this morning and nearly forgot, we have an updated BVM Mini skin pack V1_3 to add to the Ultimate Mini Skinpack too (delete/overwrite old skins and drop this pack in its place), we've got an extra mini to show off in there, eh Andrew? :wink2:

Want a sneak peek? ... here you go then:
Andrew4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%