RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Edward Leake

Qualified 4th /25
Finished 4th /25

I could only manage the sprint race due to time constraints but what a mad little track, very tight.

Managed to get a few practise laps in, soon got the hang of the first few corners but the mid hard braking point on the second to last straight kept unsettling me and scrubbing off time.

David Lemon passed me at that exact spot half-way through the race, I checked sector times and I was just about the quickest car on track for the first half of the lap but was let down at the 2nd part, stock/default setup seemed to get unsettled on the Accord.

That aside it was great fun, lapping cars was hectic, loads of action and smoke in front of me! I have a screen shot of just pure smoke, I can't even see cars in front but I think there are 3 tangled and spinning, poor David Lemon was one of them getting collected by back markers in an incident.

Thanks all, sorry I couldn't catch the top 3 to join in, I was only 3-4 seconds behind but then had to dive off the track to avoid a spinning back marker!

5676d1222917616-race-night-flyer-thread-gtr-evo-flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.com - AU
Password:HERE

Class:GT Club
Track:Istanbul '06

Practice: 9:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern DST)
Qualifying: 9:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM AEST)
Race: 10:00 GMT, (9.00PM ADST)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing​

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members if needed

Entrylist:
  1. Günthar Rowe
  2. Rhys Gardiner
  3. Richard Hamstead
  4. Chris Rodgers
  5. Michael Stead
  6. Wally Masterson
  7. Warren Dawes
  8. Nigel Roberts
  9. Andrew Dawes
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Bob Miley ***
  22. David Lemon - ***
  23. Mehmet Arikan - ***
  24. Rafael Barbosa - ***
  25. Dave Stephenson ***

Reserves:
  1. Dietmar Auferkorte ***
  2. Jerome Benard ***
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

• Chris Noble

Fun races and very enjoyable.

Annoyed at the feature race as qualified 2nd and guy next to me on pole moved a bit and then I reactively moved too so we both got jump starts.

It was a bugger as i made it up to 4th before pitting and came back out again in 6th once others had done their pit stops, then Micheal lost it at the big chicane and gave me 5th :)

Nice driving by all involved.

Great fun.

Joined at the last min and glad I did.

Not having too many laps on this track before meant it was a case of just putting the laps in during practice. Just used the default set up and pumped up the camber a little to help with the corners seeing as this is such a crazy little track.

Quali: Superpole went OK think I was 14th?

Race Sprint: Had an average start and everyone around me made it cleanly thought the first few bends. A few people went off in front of me and had a little cat and mouse with Richard. B just managing to keep him off to the end of the race. Fished just outside top 10.

Feature: Qauli: 11th good for me.

Race: Poor start, lost about 3 places, had a good few laps then went wide on the last corner and waited for the whole field to go through to safely rejoin, spent the next few laps working my way back up to 10th then pitted, came out 13th and found a good pace then with 9 laps to go my PC froze. Hope that didn't affect anyone's race, Marc .K you was about 2.5 secs behind so I hope it didn't spook you too much. With past experience switched off PC straight away. Grats to whoever won, It was a great night on a manic and fun track.

Thanks Simon and all the RD racers who took part tonight.

1st race: In quali, I spun the car into a tyre wall and shredded a tyre.

Race: Started last, finshed 18th and last

2nd race: In quali, I didn't crash!!111!1 Came 22nd with a smile :)

Race: Got a good start, and took advantage of many spins and was up as high as 18th before, on lap 3, I ran out of fuel:disapointed::poop::teeth::foot-in-mouth:. Must remember to fill up the tank after superpole. I was so looking forward to a bit of real racing before I came last :p

Big fun tonight! This track and classes definitely provides for close hard racing. From the in-game chat I heard there were a couple of incidents due unpolished behaviour. I did not see much of it myself though. I was off track in the feature race twice I think and tried to be careful going back. I might have disturbed Chris a bit in the following laps when trying to find my rhythm after one of those excursions. I'm sorry if I did.

Superpole is a loveable thing, I think. Adds a bit of thrill as anything can happen, right? That anything can happen also in the race is well-known fact. However, -nothing of the kind seemed to touch tonight's double winner, Richard T. Cruel racing there, man! Well done!

Lots of groovy guys on the server who all contributed to a nice atmosphere overall!

Thanks Simon and RaceDep :)

Yeah one more thing. -I notice David (Lemon)is having a superweek with fast driving in as different classes as RDNGP, Australian Touring Enduro and close STCC track racing. Impressive stuff!

[...] with 9 laps to go my PC froze. Hope that didn't affect anyone's race, Marc .K you was about 2.5 secs behind so I hope it didn't spook you too much. [...]
Lol yes that was weird, but nothing happened - I saw your car right behind the turn and there was nothing I could do when just a 10th before I expected the crash your car was taken away :)

Very hard to drive the E90 on this track which indeed is good for tight racing, so I was very happy to finish both races with just 1 lap gap.

• Matt Crouch

Had fun racing in the second race.

First race, I don't have much to say about it because I got disconnected after the first 5 laps. I always have a window open to permanently ping a server so I can keep an eye on it and it had all the hallmarks of someone rebooting the router :spy: Qualified around 13th (unlucky I guess). First corner was pretty tricky starting on the left. All I can say is sorry to Andrew as I lost control on the first lap and caused you to go off the track when you avoided me :(

Second race, qualified 10th or 12th ish, on the other side of the grid :D. Better start and I think I made it up to 4th at some point before the pit stop on lap 20, only a couple of off road excursions / tea room visits.
Decided to change the front tyres. Might have been better to change lefts. When I came out it was a little more slippy at the rear than I expected. Spent the rest of the race between 9th and 7th. In the last couple of laps I could see Hansi getting closer and closer and thought he was going to get past me into second with some clean driving behind me :). Just held on for the last few corners to finish in 7th :D. 48% on the left rear which is the lowest I've ever been on any tyre :shock:

Thanks for the races :)

Had some great racing tonight and some bad moments :(, Sprint race I had a cracking race with Ed Leake for 4th and when i got past about lap 13 or so Mike Jaanus was re entering the track after being in the dirt, I went to pass on the right but as I did he moved to the right and I hit him flat out in 6th :(, think I ended up about 14th, Feature race was great :) as I qualified 3rd and was running 2nd behind Chris Noble but he must have jumped the start and he pitted for S&G, I was now in the lead and holding a gap of about 2 secs to Richard T, on lap 13 Rickard (who was a lap down decided he wanted to unlap himself, (nothing wrong with that) but I ended up in the barrier :(, pitted on lap 18 and had a great race with Hermanator and Tony Franklin for 3rd :) got passed Michael but couldn't get passed Tony, fantastic race though :D Thanks to Simon for another great event :) keep these STCC coming their great steam!! and RD of course, cya next time

PS. thanks for the compliment Hansi your a pleasure to race with :)

Sprint Race - Started: 1st - Finished: 1st
Feature race - Started: 4th -Finished 1:st

At the moment im very happy. i did not only won my first RPM,RD,RSC... Race, I TOOK A DOUBLE VICTORY!

The sprint race were pretty relaxed unitill James J and Rickard J started to catch up with an enourmus speed and i became stressed and did a couple of misstakes but fortunetly i managed to keep the car on the track to cross the finish line in first.
The negative about this race were all the lapped people who just could not let the leaders by.

The feature race were far more exciting. From my fourth spot on the grid i could se Chris Noble and Rickard J jump the start and i knew that this would put me in P2 after they had done their stop & Go:s. Lemon managed to keep a stable gap of 2 seconds. But suddely he spun of at turn one and crashed into the tirewall, witch i suppose ruined his race.
After this nothing special happened. I had a confortable gap of 12-13 seconds the rest of the race.

A big thank you all for this wonderfull evening. See you in future races.

-Richard

• Edward Leake

Had some great racing tonight and some bad moments :(, Sprint race I had a cracking race with Ed Leake for 4th and when i got past about lap 13 or so Mike Jaanus was re entering the track after being in the dirt, I went to pass on the right but as I did he moved to the right and I hit him flat out in 6th :(

I'd never driven that track and was playing it by ear, I could tell at the later part of the circuit you were quicker so I kept going defensive but this only meant I fell closer to your bumper. Good work squeezing past, I knew you were coming at that last corner, a bit of paint swapped but that's racing! :)

Literally the next lap or so I see smoke and carnage ahead, I have the smoke modification, I come out the other side back in 4th place with you nowhere to be seen! lol, madness.

Good racing.

• Andrew Evans

miniendurojv2.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: Click here

Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Fuji 1970

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (30 mins)
Warmup: 21:30 GMT (10 mins)
Race: 21:40 GMT (1 hour 20 mins)

Notes:

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.​

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of qualifying. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in.​

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

• Andrew Evans

Entrylist:
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Steven Palmer
  3. Matt Crouch
  4. Marcel vd Aa
  5. Sebastien Levret
  6. Carlos Moutinho
  7. Paulo Ribeiro
  8. Nigel Atkins
  9. Laurance Lemon
  10. Bob Miley
  11. Kieran Mcgeachy
  12. David Buxton
  13. Yves Larose
  14. David Lemon
  15. Richard Bunschoten
  16. Tim Ling
  17. Manuel Garcia
  18. Michael Herrmann
  19. Gary Lennon
  20. Victor Shaw
  21. Dietmar Auferkorte
  22. Daniel Plaikner
  23. Ries Notenboom
  24. Torbjorn Lennartsson
  25. Daniel Juncadella
Reserves:
  1. Dave Stephenson
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Ultimate Mini Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%