RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Dawes

I then chased down Cam and we were side by side betwen 3rd last and 2nd last corner, i backed off into the corner and went up the inside as Cam went only slighlty wide at which point there was a explosion and cam came out ahead and David Lemon came off worse. I followed Cam across the line for 10th place.
I've just viewed this part of the replay and it was much less exciting than i remember. David looks to have slowed on his own...probably the tyres in his last post. The explosion was simply a tap as cam rear nudged my nose as he was taking the racing line that goes diagonally across the track. So the right result in the end. :highfive: I guess the 90mins played a part in my initial assessment.

Attachments

• s60orangeweb.jpg
    s60orangeweb.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 210
Another short and eventful race with the USA guys.
Qualified ok in the middle somewhere.
Extremely short race though.
Got whacked in turn 1, sending me off track (looking at the replay it was only a small tap but the reaction of my car was excessive ??), then about turn 3 some more antics up front left someone across the middle of the track, but that was only revealed to me when the car in front suddenly swerved to miss him, but I wasn't so lucky. Sorry to whoever it was but I had no chance to miss you. Turns out it was Richard (sorry mate), who had been spun by Rhys. Well done, all three Aussies crashing in the first lap.

That ripped the front off the car, making driving impossible. Went to the pits for repairs but it did everything but repair it. Struggled around for another lap and back to the pits to try again, sat in the pits for ages trying to get the repair done, and eventually gave up.

Yet another enduro ruined in lap 1. :disapointed:

Next race I'm bringing a sherman tank. :laugh2:

Hope you all had fun.

Another brilliant evening (detect sarcasm):confused2: Ran a 2.03.4 as a PB the day before. Today couldnt get any near that. In the qualifiers, I spun off right before the 4 apex left hander and decided there was no point finishing the lap. I much rather start from the last row anyway.

The race started pretty well. Started 12th, after the first lap mess I passed Ian on the brakes in the back and was 8th. Saw Ian and Tim battling in my mirror!! You guys seem to have fun!!:laugh2: Put my head down and made a gap of over 4seconds on them. Drove another 2? 3? laps ALL alone (Zzzzzz...)!! Getting slower and slower.. then I lost all desire to keep on going:( My lead over Ian and Time was shrinking very quickly. They passed me right before the front straight. Then it was Bill's turn. Quick and clean pass.

I kept on driving for another few laps then pitted in at lap 13 or 14 as my tires were done. I got a "Stop and go" for speeding!! grgrg... My rookie mistake. Came out of the pits, drove a lap and went back for my stop and go. What am I supposed to do there? It would not turned off even though I stopped at the light??? I guess I never had that before. So this time I came out of the pits with the "Stop and go" still on!! GRGGR... No clue what to do about it and at that time I had lost all desire to compete. I just withdrew from the race.

Hope you guys had fun. Ian and Tim were having a blast!!:laugh2::laugh2:

Qualifying: 5th. Lap time was somewhere in the 2:01s.

Race: Pretty good start. Outbraked Richard near the end of the first lap, but was gradually sllowing as the race went on. I bungled my pit stop, crashing in the pitlane (that'll teach me to turn Autopit off :smirk:) and to top it off, I forgot to refuel. :doh: Time to go around the track again and back to the pits to quench the car's undeniably gigantic thirst. Ran 8th for most of the latter half of the race, and was lapped by Yves and Keith. That battle for the lead between those two was epic. Truly epic. :thumb: Mehmet must have had problems, because I found I was up to 7th with four minutes to go. On the final lap, Keith and Yves were separated by just 2 seconds. I then passed Timothy for 6th just milliseconds before the finish line! Screenshots of the highlights of my race will be posted shortly.

Great race, I had lots of fun. This event is yet more proof of the US races being some of the best on RD! :dance:

I had fun till I ran out of gas. My calculations were pretty well spot on but somehow gas did not get delivered in the pit stop. Have to go back on and study the evo preset thing.

I think I hit Ian(?) on the first lap but fortunately he just went wide and was able to continue. I certainly had too much latency at the start and was much too close to him given the amount of lag.. My apologies....Made some mistakes in the first few laps but settled down and got a rhythm going. Was even beginning to reel Ian and Tim in but alas it was not to be

But it was fun. I was glad to finally race with the NA guys. I guess we'll count Warren as a world dude....

Very nice race evening,

Came in a bit late, thinking praccy was an hour, but only had 17 minutes to go.
I just came home, was riding a bike for a half hour so i was pretty tired and that showed during practice.
So i asked for an extra 15 minutes to find my rhytm and that payed off cuz i managed to qualify into 3rd position.
So thank you guys for the extra time.

Race, i had a very bad start, was slow off the line, and i got a little lovetap in T1 which send me of the track.
So in T2 i was 12th not a great way to start, but luckily there was some chaos later on in lap 1 which made me take 6th position.
After that i settled done and moved up to 4th place.
Then there was a small incident in the back hairpin between Mehmet and Keith who both spun off, and just as i entered that corner Mehmet an Keith came back on track right in front of me. So i slammed the brakes to avoid collision but that enabled Richard to overtake me, and i was back in 5th.
Then suddenly while i was chasing him his car stopped and dissapeared which made me 4th again.
Then it was me chasing Chris for third and i managed to overtake him before my scheduled stop.
Pitstop went great and i came back out in 4th position again chasing Chris.

Chris stopped two laps after that which gave me back 3rd place.
After Chris' pitstop i had a lead of 8 or 9 seconds which he reduced to 2 or 3 seconds at the finish, so he was really putting me under pressure.
Was an awesome long distance fight.
In the end i managed to maintain 3rd place and i am real happy with that.

Grats to Yves and Keith, i understand you had an awesome fight.
Thnx to RD for setting this up, i'll see you all next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%