RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Noble

Name on RD forum: Chris Noble
Name in game: Chris Noble
Your Country: United Kingdom
Control: G25
Car: Honda Accord Euro R
Special remarks: would like to participate this event if anyone doesn't show up for the race

A last-minute family outing was what robbed me of a race for the 3rd time in a row. We were held up and couldn't get back home in time. :frusty:
Sincere apologies to the reserves who couldn't get a spot, and to Cam as well.

See you next event... with a bit of luck...

Qualy went fine, ended up 10th? which was ok with me...

Race 1, missed the mess at T1 Lap 1 and got into 3rd. Lost it on the grass on lap 2 hit the wall and got the message "damage unrepairable" but got car back to pits and got it fixed up so to speak but was still stuffed and engine exploded lap 9 on start/finish straight. Oh well still got race 2 to come...

Race2, started 20th due to race 1, got to 18th after T1 Lap 1. The the following....

Me on the gas after T3 L1

Race_Steam2008-11-0223-40-18-45.jpg

then I realise that Ben Ling wasn't going to wait to rejoin and had him come on track at 39km/h at 40 degrees !!!!!
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Race_Steam2008-11-0223-35-19-52.jpg

no way to avoid the 1100kg moving Honda wall...

Race_Steam2008-11-0223-37-51-88.jpg

End that was my race 2 over...!!!!!!!!!!!

Race_Steam2008-11-0223-38-34-67.jpg

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:
:rant::rant::rant::rant:

I had a good pace this time, finished 6th on qualifying, but it was very close!

In race 1 I made a lot of mistakes, and finished only 9th. Before the first mistake I was 5th and following Ryan.

The 2nd race was much better, still had 2 larger mistakes around lap 8, but only lost 1 position and finished 6th. The sad thing is, that it was very close, and I felt I can go faster than the few guys ahead me. And as I watched I had the fastest lap of race 2 so I think I was right!

I think I must practice a little more and learn to drive with much less mistakes!:) Great race guys!

All I can say about the races is lag.

Race 1 - I got a fantastic start, got up to P1 from P3 untill I lagged, then I lagged again in the braking zone to T1 which made me run into Ryan and Lu (sorry). FUnnily enough Ben behind me braked even later than I had with my lag and ran into me, spinning me half way around, which caused me to lose several positions. I eventually fought my way up to third (although an incident between myself and Chris Noble was not good).

Race 2 - Again I got a fantastic start, got up to P2 from P6 on the grid. I made a little contact with Grant Waterman but that did no harm. Lu Chan and I had a great battle for the next couple of corners side by side without contact, with me eventually winning. Then at the fast chicane I lagged again, making me run off track and spin in the path of other cars (sorry) and losing more positions. After that was total crap driving on my part, so I quit :) .

Next race graphics settings will bet turned wayyyyyy down...

Quali was OK - I got P2 despite not having a wink of sleep.

Race 1 - Turn 1 was a joke despite numerous warnings. First of all Hamstead braked way too late and took both me and Lu out sending me down to around 8/9th. Then there were cars cannoning all over the place further back, something needs doing about it. What's the point of trying to qualify well if we are just going to get rammed off? Managed to haul my way back up to 7th, with an inside pass on Peter into the S bend (was nice). then an incident involving Hamstead, Chris and Lu saw Lu in the gravel (Hamstead went for a gap that didn't exist, more poor driving) and I was in 6th. Closed up to Hamstead and Chris because of this and pressured Chris round the next lap before overtaking him around the outside(!) of the S bend, very pleased with the pass :). Gunthar had also gone off earlier in the lap so I was up to 4th which is where I finished thanks to horrendous understeer from the bent suspension gained at first corner.

Race 2 - Turn 1 was more calm this time but still lost places as Chris in front of me got a bad start and I got stuck behind him, was down to around P10. It was very close into Turn 3 and Ben ended up the loser in the pack ahead of me. As I exited the corner, he changed line the slightest amount, the rear of his car tapping me launching into the air, sorry Ben nothing I could do. Had a very scary moment into the fast, high kerbed little S as Hamstead had spun ahead and I had to take to the grass to avoid him. Then behind Peter again and into the first corner of lap 2 I touched him, sending him into a slide - but I'm not sure how as I was at least 2 metres away from him on my screen. Sorry if it was me Peter, but I really didn't think I was anywhere near you :(. I was in 7th behind the big scrap for the lead. Stead and Masterson had an incident at the final turn and I was into 5th. Stead was right on my tail and I was right on the tail of Chris, Herwin and Waterman having a real ding-dong for 2nd. Then coming up to the fast, high kerbed S bend I was right on Chris' bootlid, couldn't quite see exactly where the kerbs where and duly hit the second one, sending me into the barrier and ending my race. Silly mistake.

Thanks to Cam and RD for the effort in organising this, shame about the shenanigans. Hence why I'd recommended the '06 version - the first corner is not so tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back