RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

ok...a little race report

in practice was preay fast...top5 players

QUALI- 6place

RACE 1 - i new that i was a terible starter but this time i managed to do a good one....had some good fight .then i got pushed/hit and was sent to do gardening...after that i had a preaty good strategy and changed only 2tyres, but my front right tyres always was speening to much in the exit of the hairpin..so in the last part off the race my tyre was at 45%. So i had some awsome fights.Ethan Bass sory fot those little taps/hits but u always had poor exit, as i din;t expect that.....and as me u;r where very good in braking....hope i din;t upset u to much.

RACE 2- started from 10place and slowly but stady with some great fight i worked my whey up to 4 place at one moment...but at the last part off the race ,again my front right tyre was dead,so i lost a few places...i think i managed 5 or 6place.

IT was a fun track,definitly changed my mind about the long track..this was whey more fun and chalenging,but also as always when i'm prety fast and have a chance to chalenge the top guys, i have some problems....but it was ok

10-x

Most Autodrome – Friday Nights on ARC

Practice
I’d run well on this track previously, in the top ten though backmarker problems had demoted me. I’d been practicing in the BMW E90 Sequential but it wasn’t going to be available for this event. So I switched to the now much improved Mercedes. Still 4s off of the pole time in the low 34’s, which is about 2 secs behind where I normally am. I’d been unable to dial out the entry understeer and the exit oversteer on the critical corners. That combined with the need to be able to bump the kerbs on the 2 fast corners in the technical section meant that regardless of how fast it was through the kink, it wasn’t a practical choice for this race.

At the last minute, [well 15 to be precise] I opted for the revised Leon, always a good back up car for me. Downloaded an on line setup (thanks Eric N), tweaked the steering ratio, camber on the front left only and wing down to 1, was immediately 12th on the timing sheet in the 32.7’s, less than 0.1 of a second off 10th place. That would have to do. Speed was 2 mph down on the Mercedes, but stability under braking and around the rest of the circuit was much better including bumping over the kerbs at Turns 11 and 15

Qualifying
Other than a bit of a bobble at the first proper turns (4&5) which probably cost me ½ a second, it was a clean qualifying lap the fastest so far 1:32.6, good enough for 12th on the grid.

Race 1 Start 12 – “Finish” 21
Got a good start with little wheel spin; nailing 2 places off the start and right up the tailpipe of one of “the Woods”. Backed of through the kink and tracked through the next corner. Unfortunately, I was just too far along the inside and nipped the very corner of the 407 to send him spinning. Waited, although I hope that I started after the right Wood passed, trick since they were both running the TAR colours on the 407. If I started before the wrong one passed I’m sorry. Picked up a couple of places and was right behind Linus when he lost it, nearly taking my nose off. Backing off let the two drivers behind retake their places., something that was to prove fateful in a very short time. I passed a TAR 407 on the last but one corner to be right behind Jim Eagan and faster, just as we started lap 3. Going through the kink Jim got loose at the rear and wide in the turn. I moved to the left to pass just as he collected it and then lost it again. I had nowhere to go as he came in front of me and the spin started, closely followed by a collision from the rear from the TAR 407 following closely. As the filling in the sandwich, I came of worse, spinning at 145mph into the tyres. Ran slowly to a halt knowing what was coming next – DNR! Disappointing and unfortunate racing incident, as this would be my first DNF for a while and I’d been slowly improving my ranking by finishing races.

Race 2 Start 21 – Finish 11
Started dead last. Took a steady start and made it through the normal carnage at the end of the fast sweeper picking up a few places. Fairly uneventful other than taking too many laps to get past Bill Kaiser in the PacNW 407 which left me too far behind the main pack to catch up. That said through the pit stops I was close enough to them to run in P1 for a while. Took as late a pit stop as possible as there was still plenty of grip left in the first set of tyres and the car balance was still good. Changed the fronts, watched the first 10 runners pass me as I was pulling away from my pit stall and exited the pit lane too far behind to catch them without draft. Ran ok to the end with the rear quite loose (as I’d expected), 14s off the leading 10 and 14s ahead of 12th place.

Race 2 video edit to come.

Another race of what could have been. Though throws the car choice up in the air for the ATCC.

Managed to add 20 points to my ranking breaking 2000 points for the first time despite the DNF so not as bad as I thought it would be. Now for the top 150!

Great video Simon,

It looks very good.

Just a question: concerning the skins, I can see that there are some skins from the original game but also other ones, from "Over Rev Racing" for example, that are not in the game originaly.

Where can I download those skins that are not in the original game before a race?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years