RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race guys, thanks Dave and RD

Sorry to Mike for hitting you at chicane whilst trying to lap you...sorry mate

See you guys next week :)

No problem at all :) I'm so happy I made it up to lap 30 \o/And did a personal best time during the race 1:27.something. after the pit a friend took the wheel. I'm trying to get him online as well and I think you racers impressed him as he likes to think he's fast in GTR2. The game that eventually brought me here :) about a month ago. Thanks for racing with me!

Where does one start? I guess at the begining.

Big thx to Mr Buxton for putting on such a grt event, and thx to RD for supplying the hardwar. :thanks:

This has to go down in the annuals of history as one of those grt nights in the Mini Friday halls of fame. :bang::bang:

Now for the race, got a grt start and managed to gain a spot or two. Now they say u cant win the race on the first corner, well everyone around also new that and room was given where necessay, grt work guys.

The opening laps where hectic and I manage to overtake Bart S and was making some progress. Lap 3 I came upon a dueling Emil and Dan C and managed to squeze inside of Emil but unfortunately just caught Dan and tipped him into a slight spin. Back out just in case Dan went off but he caught it well but Bart slipped through again. Now in 6th spot and it only lap 3. Got me head down and on lap 6 Dan fell of the track and I'm now in 5th spot. Get me head down and managed to have a 2 second gap to car infront and behind. The laps are now going by and I keep taking a 10th or 2 out of Bart. The laps are going down and slowy I'm catching Bart. It's now lap 15 and I'm up with Bart and we have a little duel, I think his tyres are gone as he is a little squirmy out of the corners. On lap 16 I make a couple of dives but to no aval and just before the Shue chicane we touch and thats enough for Stepfan to get past. Bart now pits and I carry on as not pitting until lap 20. I now pit on lap 22, me thinks I my have left it a lap or 2 to late. Exit in 7th right behind Bart. Get my tyres warmed up and start to put some pressure on Bart and the next couple of laps we have a real ding dong of a battle, with some corners side by side, grt racing Bart. I finally managed to get by when he made a slight mistake but couldn't really pull away. So started to put some clean laps in and now I have a bit of a gap. Now I start to make some ground up on Emil and we only have a handful of laps left to race. Have a nice battle with Emil for a couple of laps but managed to get by in the end. Now in 5th with a couple of laps to go and on the last lap thought I'd wait for Bart so we could cross the line together, missed timed that some what and went over the line in 6th.

Now they ask, whats makes a grt race, sometimes it winning it but that can be lonely somtimes if you have now one around. What makes truely grt race is when you have lots a really grt battles and finish the race, this was one.

Thax guys u were grt tonight, and once again thx to the Buxmister for such a wonderful event. :rapture::rapture::rapture:

P.s. Grts to Bob M for the win, Lesbos rules............

Not too good a race, but it had some fun moments.

Race 2 however provided a huge lag in lap one. I counted at least 7 cars in front of me come to a complete stop, disappear, reappear and then some crashing happened resulting in a puncture for me. Had some fun racing with John Sydenstricker after the pit till I totally blew T1 and spun into the wall. Funny how stuff that never happens in practice kind of DOES happen in a race. Weird.

See you all next week and grats to the podiums.

Race one a bit of a bogged start but bearable,i found i could quite easily hang on to the guys ahead and got a nice early move on Marty then latched on to the pair of squabbling Volvo's,i was happy following and watching,but Marty put a move back on me,then lost it a bit shortly after,so i started reeling in the Volvos again and was dragging Marty along with me,i dont actually know what happened,but suddenly things ahead started going sideways...i picked a path,and made it through safe and clear to the lead,pitted then ran it down the 3 laps to the finish with some comfort gap :).

Much better launch from the line for race two and leapfrog a yellow Alfa then fall in line ready to follow the gang around T2,suddenly a STCC bimmer seems to try and drive through me?,tbh i dont even know what happened first,just some knocks and bumps,so effectively out of the running early in race two :) :good:......
Late on good fun with Raf and Emil :good:.

Thank You Yves & RD

Woof it was the highs and lows for me tonight.

Q'd right on my posit in the practice time sheets which is typical for me. I don't really run a hotlap setup specifically for Q. I run a race set right from lap 1 to get a good raceable car that works well RACING. I am P9

R 1 I get a good start and manage a high of P3 when Keith, brandon and Gregory all touch. I race on hard and maintain a gap. Get together w/ my ol buddy GRegory and we have abit of contact then BIG contact that slows us both and we resume in 5th/6th. I hold 5th and am satisfied with the result. PItstop went well and I head to the garage for a minor chassis change before R2.

R2 start in 4th. Get a decent start and fall to 6th. at the righthander I am outside on line entering to go up the hill and get punted pretty severely. Won't mention names but disappointed that nobody is waiting up ahead. I soldier on in 15th and get up to Rhys and we have a good battle. HE gains then I gain and so on. Lap 5 BRandon comes out of the pits while Rhys and I continue to beat each other into submission. I have to let BRandon by at the super slow right left combo so I can comfortably pit with out us getting all tangled up. I enter the pit beautifully and nail the pit stall. BUt FORGET to CONFIRM MY STOP! I sit thaere revving and wondering WTF, why won't the car do anything.

17.7 seconds! well done butt steak!!!!

I resume and Rhys and I are not far apart. He musta had a bad stop or mishap on track. GEt by a Volvo ( you'll remain nameless too ) and then get totally punted by him and no waiting. hhhmmmmm wonder why I came up on you so fast? PRobably cuz I am lapping 3 seconds quicker than you.

Rhys and I continue to battle and come across Willie who has gone a drift. We 3 resume and Rhys manages a pass on Willie entering the Right/left slow com,plex. I tap willie coming out of this but he is no worse for wear or position. We go screaming into the fast left off the front straight and he loses it and runs across the track and bumps me. No sweat its a racing thing Willie! BUt I run a bit wide and get a cutting STOP N GO? GReat that just ices a forgetable R2 for me.

Finished P7 overall which given the events of the day, was OK.

Rumor has it that the FOrmat or Car selection will be changing next FRIDAY.

I VOTE NOOOO THANK YOU!

This is a massively successful ongoing format that isn't drawing 25 drivers every single week because it's not fun...................

Remember when Coca Cola decided that the TRIED AND TRUE coke needed to be changed? They created and marketed NEW COKE! for about 9 months. Then COKE CLASSIC was REBORN and some poor guy who made that decision was released from his duties............ CAn you even buy "NEW COKE" anymore?

LIke granddad says, "if it ain't broken, don't FIX IT"

Thanks to YVES, RD and ERIC for getting the ship off the ground this week and the server holding up to form. I love racing here at RD and hope it continues to be a satisfying community to spend time with.

Hope to see you all next week in a TIN TOP TOURING WAGON.................

Was a great track and made you stay on your toes.
Qualy pole was able to run some fast laps tonight.
Race 1 Had huge pressure from keith which was causing me to be a bit slower when i got some room i was able to catch Gregory I saw that t2 i was much faster so i took the jump and got inside him going into t3 we touched thought he may hold it but not quite keith then caught Gregory's bumper thus sending him into me and it was a little mess sorry about that guys. ended up finishing 4th

Race 2 Saw me get a decent start jumping to 3rd from 5th going down the little stretch b4 the hair pin we seemed to get some lagg causing my car to go everywhere but managed to hold on to it to my surprise as at 1 point i was facing the wall in the opposite direction of the corner lol took me a few laps to regain myself thus allowing Keith to take advantage. I thought i would try to be smart and pit early but that it did not quite work for me as keith came out in front still but we were p1 and p2 going into the final laps i pushed hard and keith pushed just as hard dont think i could have got him seeing as by the end of it my tires were near 115 inside front from trying to catch the bugger but made for an exciting finish.

Thanks again for the behind the scenes work to make this happen and thanks to everyone for a great race I think we should do this track again!!??

First race back with the Friday night gang in months and the field was stacked with talent. I miss the scene and the close racing with friends.

Quali went pretty well good enough for P4. Thought Brandon was going to hit the 33's but just missed.

Race-1
Made a good start holding position as it lined up for the top 5 or 6. Gary got by me clean and we continued in a file on good pace. I felt just a little off the pace at the front but the top three battling in front of me and Gary kept me close. I managed to pass Gary back but went wide in the 1st turn almost spinning into the 2nd turn. Eric came up close as I regained control and almost passed me as well. Got back up to Gary when the top 3 had some contact letting Gary through in 1st and me 2nd. Gary pulled a small gap on me and held it for the win. Was happy to finish 2nd.

Race-2
Another good start stayed lined up in 3rd to 5th most of the race prior to the pit. After the pit I was in the top 3 behind Keith and Brandon. We had a nice gap to 4th. I was starting to loose contact toward the end as I was just a little off the pace of Keith and Brandon. Finished 3rd and 3rd overall. Fantastic racing very clean as I really needed it to be clean on my part all things considered.
Grats to Keith on his win & overall and Gary for race-1 win. Good to be back on Friday.:victory:

Entry list:
  1. Paul Wood
  2. Linus Broström
  3. Daniel Wood
  4. Kevin Hopkins
  5. Rhys Gardiner
  6. Tony O'Brien
  7. Glenn Petersen
  8. Brandon Lawson
  9. William Yunck
  10. Gregory Degreef
  11. Michael Carver
  12. Dariusz Swiderski
  13. Eric Nelson
  14. Bill Kaiser
  15. Willie Watt
  16. Keith Barrick
  17. Abdul Ahmed
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Timothy Miller (maybe)
  24. Mark Guy (maybe)
  25. David Zafiu (maybe)

Decided to give my place back when i had one of you behind me and cause him a spun, because i made some kind of mistake so i thought . (dont no what but it happenned, sorry for that)
I think you might be talking about the incident involving me. If you are then you had no reason to wait, much appreciated though :thumb:

I had a good run on you, I saw a gap and went for it. Unfortunately you turned into the corner just at the same time.
If anything I was at fault as you were technically still infront and had more of the racing line:nod:

:sorry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 425 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 279 10.9%
  • < 4 years