RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualy: P3, PB 1:57.586 very happy with this qualy.

Race1:
On the start I saw that Niklas did not get away. I had a average start and this put me P2. Karoly was right behind and pushing hard with Nico pulling away slowly infront. On L3 coming out of T1 my screen minimized and I lost 3 positions, down to P5. I then followed my Team-mate Terry who was going really well and kept the gap between us +/- 2seconds. Finished P5

Race2:
Started P4 and had a fantastic start and took P2 after T1. Wally thenspun on T5 which handed me P1. MMichael caught me quite quickly and was right up my tail pipe, LOL..:) He got passed me on L4 I think. I also had David and Karoly all over me. I had a big slideout of the final chicane which let Karolythrought, P3 now. A lap later I saw Michael duck in to the pits for a drive through :( P2 now with David and Niklas not far behind. I then saw Niklas was through on David and was ready to accept the inevertable pass on me when he also shot in to the pits. Wow I couldn't believe this. I kept P2 for a couple of laps and then spun at the chicane leting David through. At the final chicane 2 or 3 laps from finish David spun I took P2 back. Finished P2.

I had a really good day's racing. Thank you Warren and all of you that took part.
:):beer:

Put me back on the list please!:) I've tried to drive with my keyboard and it's not as hard as I thought. After a little practice I was almost able to run my personal best (which I ran in december with my wheel). Wheel: 1:39.550, Keyboard: 1:39.777.

Edit:
Here is my lap with the keyboard:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn2kLF_01zk[/media]
available in HD.

Wicked lap with a keyboard.

Looks like I will be making this race. Decided to scratch the visit to my mothers, however i do have my initial television interview for the new race series Stars Of Canada at 4:30pm EST. Should be home around 6:00pm EST.

I was thinking about doing some practice at 1pm EST and willing to run with anyone who might need a hand getting setup for this event. If you wanna join up add me on msn kman4424 at hotmail.com , leave a message here or PM me.

Keith Barrick

• Andrew Evans

in a slight change to my normal format, from this event - reserves will be called up in the last 15 of practice NOT qualifying... so please be on the server before that if you want to guarantee your race slot...

Sign me up, please. Here's the E30 skin I will run: http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=506

img_12_01.jpg

With 3 minutes before the race started, I decided to plug my headphones in... Unfortunately, that meant that the program running loses sound aparrently so I was without sound for the first race, and only received support from Michael as he (wrote), 'broom' when he passed me to lap me. Thanks for helping the immersion factor Michael, shame on the rest of you for not having various sound effects set into your quickchat!!! :rotfl:

Qualified 17th which was 1 position better than I had expected.

Race 1 saw me drop back from the start. I then realised just how hard it was to not have sound when I attempted to drive with one eye on the mirrors, one eye on the track, and one eye on the tacho... You do the math! Finished 13th due to attrition.

Race 2 and with my problem explained to the grid, I expected some sympathy...NOT!
Started 13th out of 16 starters and resigned myself to dropping back immediately. I slowed right down before T1 to allow everyone past. Whilst watching everyone file through the first chicane, I was thinking, 'Isn't it strange that Race 2 is always so much cleaner than Race 1'. Clipping the curb and spinning myself into the wall to tear off my front wing quickly brought me out of my dream like state brought on by the tranquility of racing with no sound! Pitted and headed back out for a rather quiet jaunt around Imola. 10th place out of 11 racers remaining.

Thanks all for the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back