RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well i was just this morning upgraded to premium status so i decided to join this event afterall. I have never driven this track and i only had about 20 mins of practise before the qualify so i thought i was going to be a backmarker but to my surprise i was able to qualify 2nd with 1,56,8.

Now in the start i somehow manage to stall my engine before the lights came on. When the lights started my pedals where dead and i desperatly tried to get it started but it was to late and when the start went i press the ESC button but before escaping i saw that someone rear ended me. Sorry about that!

In race 2 i started dead last 16 position but after the first lap i was 5th and 5 sec up to the leader pack. A couple of laps later i caught up with them but was afraid to overtake because i didn't know any braking points well because of my lack of practise. But i manage to get myself into 3 position within about 2-3 sec of the lead and was right behind the 2nd guy when i got a stop&go, (cut through T1,2 cuz of late braking. And when i went in to take it that became a pitstop instead and i got wet tyres on :D... So having to go around to take the stop&go with wet tyres i decided to just quit. Lap 7 i think.

Had some nice fights and hope to see more of these in the future. I will hopefully get to practise more then 20 min before the race then :wink:

Nice event, FBMW are a nice contrast to the F3000 I had driven during the last events. Had a good start for Race 1 and was able to build a comfortable gap to P2. I tried to avoid warnings and managed to do so up to lap 10 where I got 2 of them. I got really carefull then ...

Started P8 into race 2 and did it very carefull, because breake points and cornering speeds varied very much among the drivers and I did not want to hit someone. Due to this I lost 2 positions and and a little later I spun avoiding a crash. Now I was 12th. Then I had some good fighting through the field until I found myself in 4th position overtaking Niklas who was pitting for wets (you should fire the weather man of your team). Half lap later the numbers indicating the gaps to the driver in front and behind started to go crazy and I realized I got somehow out of sync. (Maybe we had a big thunder storm indeed) ...

Thx to RD for setting this up and all of you for the nice racing!

Qualifying: 6th. One of my best Qualy runs in an FBMW.

Race 1: I believe it was me who rear-ended you, Niklas. :embarrassed: Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Nothing's wrong, I understand. :) I managed to continue after pitting for a new splitter, but I stacked the car (no fault of your own, Niklas) and retired. One more DNF to add to the list.

Race 2: Not much better. I was going through the field and gaining positions, but I spun the car (again by myself) and ESC'd back to the garage.

I think I must have some sort of "bad race" curse whenever I drive an FBMW... :smirk: Oh well. Better luck next time. Grats to all podium finishers, and thanks to Warren and RD for setting up the event! :thumb:

• Chris Rodgers

Happy new year everybody, hope you all had a good break :clap:

My first race in the FBMWs to kick my year's racing off, man they require a lot of concentration on a track like Imola! Can't believe the times some of you guys were doing, I'm in awe :worship:

Race 1, ended up following Wally as I always seem to do, was on 2 warnings after 4 laps though so was very nervous each time I tiptoed through Traguardo after that, kept the gap steady until the second to last lap when a badly-timed downshift heading into Villeneuve spun me and I recovered just in time to hold onto 8th.

Race 2, started on pole and just tried to stay out of everyone's way. Got into some clear track and just tried to stay tidy, but then I noticed Wally closing the gap to me and I must have panicked as I got warnings at Traguardo and Villeneuve that lap :O Found my rhythm again, was maintaining the gap at around 2 seconds and thought I might actually beat Wally for once, until the game stuttered on me as I was turning into Piratella, when it unfroze I was facing the wrong way :disapointed: Luckily not in the path of Wally and Dietmar though, so I was able to brush myself off and carry on behind them, then Dietmar unluckily conceded 6th with half a lap to go...

Thanks for a fun "season" guys, it's been great fun trying out the various car and track combos, even if I do get my butt thoroughly kicked by Michael, Richard and friends, and I get to see way too much of Wally's tail lights :laugh2:

quickly set about practice and aimed for the 2:03.x mark. quali was difficult with kids arguing behind me but managed to get mid 2:02.x new pb so very happy.

race 1. electric start took me from 16 to 8th but then while thinking on how good this was i missed a braking point and quickly handed them all back. spent the race exchanging positions with gunthar, not normal like racing over taking racing, it just seemed like neither one of us wanted the 11th place making mistakes when we got there. hey ho. was great fun all the same :)

race2. another electric start saw me get from 11th to 5th, and then, determined not to hand them all back in the same manner as last time made a mistake while thinking to be careful, plop to the back of the pack. raced on and with people having issues and dropping got up to 8th. with 3 laps to go and nearly a minute on car behind decided to take it easy and not make any mistakes... cue mistakes. 1 lap two warnings for cutting and with my early one that earnt me a stop an go. (worst bit about this was with my "slow careful pace" i was oversteering the corner! doh!) thought i could be sneaking and do the three laps coming in on last one, but no, lap 12 got the order to come in so took the stop, coming out to start lap 13 just ahead of the winner. so with a safe 35 seconds to car behind took it easy... guess what... oversteered a corner and another sng. hammered the car for the rest of the lap and managed to hold 8th, must have been close though!

gr all.

Results

Personal log.
Race 1 went well
Race 2 was a disaster
Both were fun.

Attachments

• race1.jpg
    race1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Race2.jpg
    Race2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 179
The FBMW's were a lot of fun... really stable and controllable.

Race 1: No mistakes... a few cut track warnings... ended up circulating by myself for most of the race, ending up in P7.

Race 2: Got a cracker of a start from P2, leaving everyone eating my DUST:chuck:
But damn it, at Tosa I lost the rear end, and thought I might be able to drift it around the corner, but the rear kept coming around, and I ended up stuck on the side of the track watching every one go past. I managed to get back through the field, with some good racing with Dietmar and Chris on the way. I was gaining on Chris, but I made a couple of mistakes at Variante Alta and couldn't quite get there (until Chris spun, fortunately for me). At the end I was gaining rapidly on David with no front wing, but ran out of laps.

Congratulations to the podium.

Qualy: Did a 2:00.921, was nearly 1 sec faster in training last night (thanks for the advice Rhys for practice :D)!

Race 1: Did not last long end in lap 3 first I lost my splitter accelerated to much out of one of the corners, which made the car (for me) diffucult to handle, hit the wall again and pressed ESC. (I know people finished the race with out a splitter, respect :) ).

Race 2: Went significantly better, I finished! Had a good race with Wally and Chris, exchanging positions when ever one of us spun. Last lap it was Wally in front me in the middle Chris behind, was pushing hard as I had the impression that Wally was doing a 'save lap' to get home, but that cost me unfortunately that position accelerated to much out of one of the chicanes, so Chris finished in front of, nevertheless cool race!

Thanks all and see you soon!

Great event. My first one at RD and the only thing I regret is that I didn't download Lime Rock and stay for that one too. Good racing! :)
Never really liked Istanbul but this time it was great. The cars almost handled a liiiittle like the ones in GPL, which felt kind of cool.
And Mid-ohio is probably the most good looking track I've ever raced on, and also a very fun track to race at :)

Put me back on the list please!:) I've tried to drive with my keyboard and it's not as hard as I thought. After a little practice I was almost able to run my personal best (which I ran in december with my wheel). Wheel: 1:39.550, Keyboard: 1:39.777.

Edit:
Here is my lap with the keyboard:
available in HD.

At turn 5 it was a queue of cars, with Eric, Jean-Michel, me myself and Ken in that order.
J-M probably braked a fraction to late and hit Eric slightly, and J-M sudden speed change from that hit made me hit hem in the back also (sorry for that J-M :disapointed:)

Don't worry man, i did not feel a thing... lol... Actually, i think my brother was being conservative in the first lap with cold tyres and he broke earlier than I expected so I slammed on the brakes, scrambling to avoid him. Sorry for surprising you thereby as well :disapointed:.

So, once again, an extremely fun event with those cars on a fun track even though I did again some stupid mistakes that ruined the second part of the race for me.

Started 10th on the grid, managed to get through the first lap without too much drama, except for that little late braking behind my brother (sorry Jan...). Then I made a few quick off-roads until my 'first' pit stop, but nothing that made me loose too much time so i was still around 10th for a bit, behind Tim for a while (great skin btw LOL). First pit stop went fine, then I passed my brother after his little incident :laugh2: but unfortunately I did it again, like in Barcelona...:disapointed: Got nervous and distracted when saw Patrick about to lap me and I spinned out on the inside of T1, hitting the tire wall and damaging suspension and losing my wing... Once again, a long, painful lap half in the grass half on the road, trying no to get in the way of anyone (sorry if that distracted some of you) before being stuck in front of the pits because i was on the wrong side of the road to enter them and there was plenty of traffic crossing at that moment ... lol

Oh funny thing, at one point i thought there was someting wrong with the game because there was something quite fast behind me and there was no blue flag... I guessed right, it was Niklas after is incidents. That was a first, being in front of you Niklas... lol... i really believe I should have been blue flagged anyways, so i made a mistake (not completely on purpose though...) and you passed me... before I saw you stopped to turn off your alarm clock! :laugh2: By the way, big thanks to you for the track guide, it was really helpful!

Finished 11th, behind my brother... way, way, way behind my brother and 4 laps behind Patrick :disapointed:

Can't wait for another F3000 event though! This was plenty of fun!

Thanks to Nico for his setup, loved it, did not change a thing.:clap:

Thanks to Eric, RD for the race, and thanks to Tim for proposing the track.

See u all guys next time for another round :beer:!

Oh funny thing, at one point i thought there was someting wrong with the game because there was something quite fast behind me and there was no blue flag... I guessed right, it was Niklas after is incidents. That was a first, being in front of you Niklas... lol... i really believe I should have been blue flagged anyways, so i made a mistake (not completely on purpose though...) and you passed me... before I saw you stopped to turn off your alarm clock! :laugh2: By the way, big thanks to you for the track guide, it was really helpful!
!

lol yeah i was actually laughing when i realised that i was lapped by everyone :D Every time i overtoke someone i got blueflag immideitly and had to push hard to get away from lol :). Thanks for everyone who didn't just let me go but chose to fight me instead, Jan :). I mean i was so far behind the lead that i could not do anything about that anyway.

I'm glad you liked the track guide, hearing that makes it well worth the trouble :) I will TRY and get one out before every event that i enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%