RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I wont go in to details...mainly because i dont know or can barely recall any :p.

Away good off the line and in the mix with a tight group for T1 - T2 - T3,i decided a bit discretion and caution is in order as its plenty busy enough just ahead of me....wrong move! :p,suddenly im literally surrounded and being shouldered and jostled a bit,no big deal,its the end of year Mini's party :),but at the tight left at the bottom of the dip (T5?),things started flying in from behind and i took some more hits,turning me around and with a slightly fooked susp car now :),scraped myself back on track and carried on in 11th and recovered to 6th :).
Race 2 from 3rd spot and another fine launch away and get more or less beside the red pole sitter,but also the white car that was 2nd on my other side (right side),me thinks uh oh again and take my nose out of the mix :),unfortunately the white car ever so slightly tagged the red one a bit,at first it looked like he was going to check up and wait for him plumb in front of me,but the got going and must have done it after the tight T3 (thank you white car :) ),so a very very early inheritance of the lead,all thats left to do now is put the old heed doon and pump some laps out and attempt to build that gap up,i think the more those behind danced,the more i escaped.
Pity about race one,as i had the same pace in the car for that one,and it was shaping up to be a hottie!!,but as Mick Jagger might say "You cant always get what you want"......

And on that note gentlemen,i bring to an end my simming 2009,see you all on the other side for more.

Many many Thanks to Yves & RD

WEll net went on fritz again probably should have not rejoined after it went down just b4 qualy causing me to rejoin about 20 minutes later. Keith informed me that something happened as my net messed up and sorry for what that has caused no idea what problem but sorry again.

It was fun racing with you guys. Haven't raced with EVO in over a year or more. And it shows. :)

First race I had a solid last place but lost it due to running out of fuel. Is there a bug I don't know about? I filled it for 14 laps and ran out on lap 7.

Second race I went into a turn a bit early and got caught on the kerb riser. Couldn't back off or go forward. A real picture of driving expertise. At any rate, thanks Yves, it was fun anyway. :D

Now if we could just get TS 3 to work... :)

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT S2000

Class: WTCC 2006/07/08
2cxgw88.png

Track: Jyllandsringen GP
Weather: Dry

Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes super pole
Race: 2 x 16 laps

Notes:

Click here to read the password and golden rules

Entry List:

1. Mark Guy
2. Philip Antonia
3. Chris Sykes
4. Ovidiu Barbula
5. Claudio Caferri
6. Michael Carver
7. Will Marquez
8. Bob Luneski
9. Nisse Andersson
10. Ariel Doman
11. Bjorn de Haas
12. Bob Miley
13. Kevin Seibel
14. Jelle van der Knaap
15. Niklas Beul
16. Szabolcs Hanyik
17. Rafael Barbosa
18. Nicolas Hamilton
19. Aaron Poulson
20. Omer Said
21. Paul Bordeau
22. Ivo Simons
23. Matt Keighley
24. Dariusz Swiderski
25. Artyom Aslamazyan

Didn't show up

??!?!? Race is finished ??? but i thought there is still 30 minutes till the start :(. Other events were ahead of gmt by 2 hours ( Turkish time ). And it was saying 2.00 gmt thursday ! :(:(

Edit : I'm such a fool. I thought 2.00 gmt is 14.00 gmt. ..... Sorry guys... :(

I practiced on this track often after loading it. Each day I would have to relearn the track, I could never figure out which turn was on the other side of the hill for a few laps!

I actually qualified slower than my best practice session! I was trying.

R1: I got off the line better than expected, picked up some suspension damage in T2 but it was nothing. I got myself out of sorts and off the track at T7 and waited for all to pass before starting up again. I moved up past Jarrod, Matt, Eric, Bill, Michael and Bruce to see a large gap ahead of me to P10. Ho hum a great chance to improve my lines. I caught up with an ailing [I hope] Willy and pushed to get close. Willi's off in T5 and a last lap cruise.

R2: The word "exciting" can come to mind when gridded near the fast guys. Yves was right in front of me and at the start, he powered up, in reverse! Good thing he hauled a hard left on the wheel and a good thing I hauled in a bit of right to barely get past!

Matt Keighley. That's it, that's all, he was the only other thing that happened in my race[other than Yves finally going past us on his ride forward]. Matt and I traded places, back and forth, throughout the entire race. Well, up to the point where my abusing my tires left me with no other choice but to finally let him have the position, I was helpless then! We were both making mistakes, taking chances and dooing some good driving in between. The result was a fully action packed race between us that I really enjoyed!

Matt is a fine racer, we barely if ever touched and we did have lots of opportunites to do more than that! Generous, that's a good word! I hope he comes to more events.

Thanks Yves and RD for another race, a last race of the season.

Bosh me on the Cinderella list would you please Ryo - got the in-laws here as of tomorrow so might (<-- read: "will probably") need an excuse like this to have a couple of hours peace and quiet on my own :D
... by the same token, if I get scowled at for even suggesting this, then I probably won't make it :(

Well its a great track but this car is just dificult to stay on top of lap after lap. Race 1 was a decent quali since I showed up late. Had a fantastic battle lap after lap with Tomas Beha though which makes the day for me worthwhile. I could hold the lead but at times it was as low as .3 seconds and as far as .9.

Finished P7 and was satisfied.

R2 I showed up late to the keyboard and end up missing R2. oh Well........

Thanks Yves and RD for setting up a race I could enjoy!

Well it was a mixed results event for me this time.

Had not a single lap before official practice so it was recon for the whole session leading up to Race 1.

Q'd in 12th I believe and managed to get as high as 7th before we even complete lap 1. End up dropping down to 12th and claw back to finish 8th.

R2 sees me on pole and catching the usual reminder of blind ineptitude from Limerock from Rhys! Such a mate that guy......

Anyhow get a solid start despite the frantic calls on teamspeak about YVES going backwards! lol some things ya just don't believe when you hear it!

So it's 3 wide to T1 as Gary gets a good jump on me but not close enough to jam it inside at T1. Go to the apex and catch a massive shunt from Rhys who apparently gotten an equally good start but was way off line inside entering T1. The field streams by as I get the ubiquitous call from the car chief about my suspension. He don't know chit cuz its driving fine as usual.

grind out some laps and am finally getting up to speed with The very fastest guys. In fact as the race moves on I realize the only place I am losing time is the last righ hander before the flat out run to and down the straight. Just couldn't get that corner right and I paid. Had some brilliant moments with Michal Herrman as we slugged it out for 2 laps. He finally passes me and we are flying down the straight. I am drafting him from 2 lengths back and he SHOOTS right suddenly and I absolutely CREAM BRandon who is parked in the straight! Can't say thats typical of him............ Reports of bad Internet in Canada seem realistic now...........LOL

MEanwhile Rhys makes one of the greatest 6 gear flat out slides to avoid me I have EVER seen and soldiers on..

I am P5 when the damage call is unreapirable from the car chief. Well ya got that call right from the pits mr. goodwrench!

As usual, Mini racing is really tough. so many capable drivers so closely matched always brings out the contact. It's inevitable and felt that from my seat, things were pretty fair.

Happy New YEar Gents!

Thanks Yves and RD for a fun Wednesday MINI event! LOve to see more Wednesday stuff with you guys so maybe PM Yves if you'd like to do it again and possibly he'll get it set up again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%