RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Didn't realise it was a go kart Joao, I just like the noise it makes :p

I raced a GTP League race with another group a few weeks ago, and out of a field of 20 drivers, 15 were in Astons. The Astons filled 14 of the top 15 spots in qualy, I managed to slot a Saleen into the middle of them.
It made for a pretty boring race and the Astons sure seemed to have a slight edge on that track at least.
The track was Watkins Glen GP.

At 2:14 race pace you and the others will save me not 1 but 2 or 3 laps coming the race end...

I'm sorry guys, usually I’m not this cynical... Strangely I thought we were to race at the (non GTR2) 2004 version :p

Being like this I will win it… :D

Joking, the fundamental (cheap) race philosophy is kept intact :wink2:
Happy to participate, to finish and if need be, not to trash someone’s race other than mine :)
...It made for a pretty boring race and the Astons sure seemed to have a slight edge on that track at least.
The track was Watkins Glen GP.

A personal experience regarding the above quote…

Before all these recent RD events commitments, I did many public races in my favorite public server running Nordschleife racetrack.

So for about 2 months I kept taking the GTP Vette in those races… it took me all that time to do 6:27 with it there and to have a race pace around 6:30. This in a public server is sufficient to fight for the win in most races. But the true fact is that there were about 10 usual public race mates with the DB9 capable of a race pace 2 or 3 secs per lap quicker than me if all went their way.

After many in race battles with full fields of DB9’s, I decided to try the “enemies” vehicle… exit the game, back in, load an on-line setup pointed by a simrace mate, do a lap, KIA at first hard barking, change a few things in the setup, back out… do 6:26 on my 1st full lap with the car (my fastest ever race lap in the GTP class on the Nord)… no comments :p

I tried to do the same with the Viper, “only” managed a 6:34 after many tryouts and the car politely & educationally kept banging me into a wall (front “biting”) at minimum distraction…

The things are not that so clear cut in favor of the DB9; in sprint race (what 95% of the simraces are), yes… in endurance racing, I will keep that to myself :D

Also don’t get me wrong… all the cars can be very quick, it’s just a question that with some it is “easier” to do it then with others :wink2:

As an example, I have seen the C6R (the Vette) do 6:23 on the Nordschleife in the hands of a mythical alien at a regular qualifying session and also “circulate” in the 6:25 range in race pace, no time attack mambo jambo arcade grip/setup here…

Even in time attack for quite some time the fastest ever lap (GTP) at the Nord was 6:20 or 6:21 with a Lister, not a DB9

To finish, will just type that we are all here to have fun
Although somewhat monotonous, in club racing, I prefer to have a field of 80% DB9’s and 80% happy DB9’ers (with their screaming engines sounds), than a fully mixed field with 40% of unhappy ex-DB9'rs… Obviously I will just take something different to annoy them with my different braking points and apexes. :wink2:

How will the add-on cars fair? The Lambo and Ferrari?

I would like to experiment with them, specially the Maserati… but as you know I don’t have much time to practice, and to go a bit in the dark to an above 2hrs event with any of these Italian cars is a bit too much risky to my taste.
I confess that I’m a bit of a “suspect” in this matter, as I would jump into a GTSport Porsche much faster than any of them… even in this GTP race :p

Anyway, all of them” force” you to go for a given race strategy, and for me that restrings my race strategy options that I like to keep as much open as I can in this type of event… :wink2:

Sorry for (another) long post.

Apologies for picking the 'fast' car Joao, I genuinely didn't know it was an arcade racer.

I would have driven the Maserati (one of my favourite cars fo all time) but I find the GTR2 cars feel a little strange and floaty. I have bad memories of the Saleen from my Forza days (anyone who drove the Saleen seriously on that game will know exactly what I mean), I've never liked Vipers or Corvettes, the Lister is a little old hat and I thought everyone would go for the Audi R8, which is the easiest car to drive IMO. So the great sounding Aston it was! :D

Skin I'll be using: http://www.artsonika.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=27&func=startdown&id=190

Wow really enjoyed that.

Qualy:

Managed a 2:09:975. Thought that was really fast for me and was well happy.

Race:

Had a good start managed to pick up a place ten leading into turn was side by side with yves and keith got a bad exit so me and Yves took him then yves got the pseed and got inside of me again into trn 3 still side by side then turn 4 yves got a little shakey on the inside and had to correct which gave me a little love tap. (thanks Yves for letting me through) Then after that picked up places as people went off then yves somehow managed to outbrake me from no where. so i followed him as he was outside of someone so i also picked up a place. Then after that i was just trying to catch Pierre and I was catching him good till about lap 9 i lost it on turn 1 which lost me abit of time and then again the lap after. Then pierre went in for his pit a lap before me. Then on the straight my screen just sudenly went blank. and after about 3-4 seconds it came back on with me in the wall with no front bumper suspensio damage nd a nice flat tyre on front right. Also have to say sorry to Greg. after te crash was changing pit to fix damage and strayed on track and nearly right in front of him. Sorry greg. After that finished 5th and even managed to run a 2:08:800 in race a second faster than my qually. Was well happy.

Thanks to RD and Eric for another good event and well done to all, keith and podium (unlucky Gary) :rules::lol:

Also another thanks to keith for the sweeeeeeet set up :thanks:

Had one amazing epic battle with Greg from the word go,i see that SEAT in a whole new light now.....very impressive speed!!,when the gaps behind me suddenly go crazy big at the final turn....i think everyone is going off as i completely forgot about having to pit for at least 2 tyres :pound:...karma stepped in and blew my motor going in to T1 final lap though :wink2:.
Grats Keith and podiums and well done finishers.
Cheers Yves and RD :good:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years