RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thirsty?
spa.6x1l.jpg

With Neil included, one more driver needed for 2nd server? (if nobody bails out)
Also I noticed this event isn't present on the calendar, or am I overlooking it?

Practice

With the Superpole start practice was going to be critical. Somehow managed to run 4th in practice helped by the fact that Keith missed the start of practice by 1/2 an hour.

Qualifying
Not so good a couple of run off's, managed last of the completed qualifiers which had me 6th on the Grid. Now the tricky question of fuel as in practice it became obvious that the calculator couldn't be relied on.

Race 1
Made a good start, up to 5th off the grid and passed John over the tricky crest for 4th. Was helped by Keith nerfing someone at the 2nd last turn to run 2nd. Plenty of close racing after that having been passed to run 3rd after the pit stops. Then all of a sudden a wheel off the tracks and spin. Lost a few laces and damaged suspension but with a few laps left of this shortish track, not worth changing. Highlight was pushing so hard over the crest that I managed an Italian job style 2 wheeler. Unfortunately I ran out of fuel with 1/2 a lap to go.

Race 2
Got a good start again and up to 6th from 10th on the grid. managed to pass another couple of cars who lost it over the crest. The rest of the race was spent fighting with John until he ran off into the kitty litter at the last hairpin. Finished 6th from a start at 10th and the last car on the lead lap.

Short video of race 1
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSrZ9pjepQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSrZ9pjepQ[/ame]

Have been doing a few tests and…

I know we shouldn’t "change boat in the middle of the river" and that probably this was already discussed in a topic at a different area of the forum, but…

Let me try to be as clear as I can…

A few starting things:

• RD events don’t use a “more players” MOD, that permit 30 racers for instances. (In my view it’s understandable as these MODs potentiate a few glitches on the game INET code).
  • So we will have a maximum of 25 simRacers on-line, wish gives a field of about 8 cars per class.

I’ve done in another club (about 6 months ago) in the past a few endurance multiclass events and can testify that:

• They are good simulators of real live endurance race since we bring into play one of the most important aspects of the endurance driver, the ability to handle and overtake securely cars that turn and are overall much slower.
  • Races within the race… not only it is educational (fights the notion of” the top guy takes it all”) but also it is good to keep people interested as we have at least 2x more people fighting for the top spots.
  • It is fun to see that slower class guy stick it between the top class ranking (the underdog syndrome).
The racetrack

• This version of the Paul Ricard has a very long straight (This favors “top speed cars”, it’s easier from skill point of view, one can rest more while driving, and it permits clean & easy overtaking).
  • The racetrack is wide, in fact very wide in some areas (I’m used to Nordschleife and Spa) wish helps overall.

The mixed classes

• Big differences in lap times, especially from GTP to the others.
  • Very different fuel autonomies
  • The add-on GTP cars have the fuel capacity of GT Sport class and actually only a few GT club cars have a slight lesser fuel autonomy (so they kind of are in a class of its own).
  • The big straight will favor a few selected cars in each class (not that important… who wants to win? :D).
So all this so called “facts” for what?

Why not go with:

• a GTP – GTSport mix (12 cars – 13 cars).
  • or GTSport – GTClub mix (again 12 -13).
  • Instead of the actual GTP-GTS-GTC mix (9 – 8 -8)?
The 1st mix as the advantage the race will take less time so it will be easier and I’m sure it is more popular judging by the class choices so far in the topic.

The 2nd mix would give closer racing but the GTClub class will be the most tiring one as it will require slower going and more pit stops.

The 3rd mix, the one that currently is proposed as a few, let’s call it, “less advantageous” things:

• In a recent RD endurance event of about 135 mins, the race had a little bit less than 50% of the field at its finish (pesky game bugs/glitches, mechanical failures, accidents and so on). Judging by this number, and going with the 9/8/8 mix, basically who ever finish will have a podium place… wish isn’t bad, but it isn’t ideal either (“I was last and 3rd”).
  • The less popular class (judging by the subscription so far) the GTClub, will be the “real deal” (and real pain), as it will not only have to contend with fellow class members, but also keep close eyes on the mirrors because they will be overtaken many times by the GTP and basically everyone else (although a few cars in this class can “upset” the GTSport ranking).
  • This one is very much personal opinion, as I prefer to fight within bigger fields… I prefer to be an 8th in a 12 strong field, then and 8th in a 9 strong field kind of feeling.
  • Going by the subscriptions so far, the GTClub class seems to be the less popular, so transferring GTC spots to the other 2 classes would upset 1 or 2 people but on the other hand maybe bring a few more in and happy 3 or 4.

Ok, it’s just an idea, I do admit, a looonnnngg one (sorry :p), but it’s just that, to me the things are fine as they are, it’s just my opinion that due to the 25 max racers field, they could be better :D

Just to finish this one (even more than at the last Sunday), it will be monster… yes, we will like it (and hate it) :wink2:

Is there anywhere else I can get these addon files?

At No grip my account was terminated because I used to DL files for racedepartment's gameserver and they cancelled my acount as it was downloading from two IP's. my Pc and the gameserver. Also I cant get the PT sims cars due to exceeded download limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%