RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

my god... i recently got reintro'd to these cars on the sadistic streets event and that's the beginning of a whole new love affair! :love:

limerock - man... superpole is not the time for the extra confidence mind trick "why not try and take this corner in a higher gear"... spun and bohlocksed my lap.. ended up 20th... :Cry: thus began a clawback thru the field.... got as high as 12th at one point (wow!)... passed jamie into the penultimate corner and swung wide, suddenly he wasn't there and the guilts set in... looking at the replay he was just uber generous and decided to eat tyres to let me pass... arrrrf!... had another moment with bob about midway... came across him in the penultimate corner again... but he was recovering... flew up behind him reckoning a little bit of the old intimidation was gonna work wonders... alas, not... he did give me room.. but not until i was all out of shape and riding the kerb... spun into the pits! arrrrrgh!... knocked my pit limiter off too early in my haste to get back out and got a stop n go... gak!... spun again before i got chance to take it and the leaders were upon me... quit to pits and noted bob is not for the intimidating... :D

cadwell - more like it!.. my funky feeling got me 5th in qually.... a lovely start and i'm up to 4th... managed to bag 3rd before a wee grass magnets moment on the 2nd lap had me surfing the wedge shaped verge on my head... then i was stuck in a dip and rejoined 17th!... then twas a game of chase bob, fall off the track... eventually managed to get him on the 11th lap and came home 9th... one of my more satisfying drives, fer sure...

le mas du clos - quallied 6th here... another nice start bagged me 4th... but halfway round the first lap another spin... ugh!... down to 9th... ran most of the mid-race in 7th until more spinnage and found myself behind manuel for the last 2 laps... chased him hard and crossed the line 11th right_on_his_ass.... :highfive:

one of the lessons compacted further into my tiny hind brain is: can't handle high position pressure... almost always ends badly when i'm in the top few positions... but it's getting better fer sure :D... definitely had the pace for the top 5... just need to keep it together in the races....

gents, i do believe 'the cult of radicalists' has been born... expect more of this malarkey v soon... excellent nights racing.... :flypig: :woop:

• Matt Alpeter

Word of advice avoid the curbs....i flipped practicing on my own.

LOL shortly after you left, Marcel came in and I told him the exact same thing. I was running my best lap and bam, flying through the air sideways and upside down LOL

Eric, I'm running mid 2:19s and Keith was running 2:18s

I just did my first 5 laps here in the big Cat (offline) ... wow - this is gonna be sick :D
... just a question - anyone else "wheely-ing" over the 6th gear crest near the end of the lap?
Don't want to try "curing" it as I am having sooo much fun ... as Stuart says, am almost shouting "Wheeee!!!" over the crests :wink2:

1:22 after 5 laps and taking a Rouen setup ... how does that compare, anywhere near or miles off the pace??

Now that was exactly what Sim Doctor ordered!!!

Lime Rock
Qual: Pole Finish: 2nd

Ries made me dig a bit deeper and find a bit more pace with a risky superpole lap,i got a good start but Ries did too and the long close chase was on,basically an old story of low wing good top speed Vs faster cornering but suffering on straights,the best my gap got to Ries in 2nd was 2.0secs,later in the race i saw some guys to lap and then saw a yellow flag and wondered what would be waiting round the next blind bend/rise/dip....nothing ever was there but the break in my fragile concentration made me step off the track briefly,enough to go from 1.5 ahead,to 1.5 behind(its my lame excuse and im bloody sticking to it to the bitter end!!!),Ries seemed in no stress in the lead and put my chase down head on,the best i could do was 2nd with a good run down the straight crossing 0.332 behind,Grats Ries Awesome job and good racing,well done SammyJ 3rd and all finishers as well.

Cadwell
Qual: Pole Finish: 1st

Same story again of being pushed out of my comfort zone to compete with Ries's pace,a good start again,but not as good as Ries this time,thanks to quite a short run to T1 i held 1st and away we go again with this crazy close pressure chase racing....certain crucial turns Ries was faster and could close,thankfully i had the one that mattered down well,namely,the final turn,late in the race i got to relax when Ries had "a moment" giving me over 4secs comfort zone,i back off too much and Ries went ballistic making it close finish,but comfortable in the end for me.
Well done again Ries and SammyJ,and ofcourse all who finish!.

Le Mas du Clos

Qual: Pole Finish: 1st

Back to familair Mini night stomping grounds for the 3rd time and "nailed a peach" as they say for a happy trio of poles for the night,again Ries got the better start,and once again i was saved with the short run to T1,i was all ready for more of the same constant lap after lap chasing pressure that Ries seems to like doing,but i ended up with quite an early comfort gap and was able to build on it,then a back off period at the end for a very enjoyable win.
Grats Ries for a very impressive debut showing,and well done MH!,the Herrmannator wakes up late and shows his pace!!? :clap::beer:.

Many thanks Andareew in association with RD for this pure tonic of a racing night for a deprived suffering soul of late.......Good To Be Back!! :highfive:

Yup - big up the radicalist massive. Or something.

tbh, I still reckon that loads of tracks will be fun in them, not just the short twisto-turnoes.

You've always got the different models to shake it up, or give us a choice quandry.

But the Rads, any power, round the Nords? Chuckle factor 9 :good:

im2fid.jpg

This event is a unique event please read the following carefully. This event is limited to 25 signups so reduce the number of servers required so sign up quick. You must be able to commit to both races as we will race in the sprint server then move to the feature server. Please do not join the feature server if you are not signed up.

YOU MUST KEEP THE SAME CAR FOR BOTH RACES

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SP & RACEDEPARTMENT.COM FT
Password: click here
Class: WTCC 06/07 & STCC
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Weather: Changeable

Sprint Server SP

Practice: 19.00 GMT (60 Minutes)
Qualification: 20.00 GMT (10 Minutes Super Pole)
Race: 20.10 GMT (1x 14 Laps)
Notes: Super Pole Qualifying

Feature Server FT

Practice: ~20.40 GMT (10 Minutes) For Joining
Qualification: ~20.50 GMT (10 Minutes Super Pole)
Race: ~21.00 GMT (1x 28 Laps)
Notes: Super Pole Qualifying & Forced Pit Stops

Due to the high number of people choosing particular cars, future events may bring back the old FD car selection rules, except this may use groups of cars.​

Entrylist:
  1. Danny Pattiwael
  2. Christian Deparis
  3. Michael Herrmann [skin]
  4. Keith Barrick
  5. Patrick Duivelaar
  6. Peter Bartfai[skin]
  7. Mark Guy [skin]
  8. Matthew Parr
  9. James Yates
  10. Nigel Atkins
  11. Sébastien Poidevin
  12. Gary Lennon
  13. Jamie Wilson
  14. Andy Marsden [skin]
  15. Karl Westman
  16. Terry Harmer
  17. Grant Powell
  18. Oliver Amos
  19. David Lemon
  20. Neil Tennant
  21. Simon Bacon
  22. Chris Vick
  23. Laurance Lemon
  24. Andreas Loffler
  25. Keiran Mcgeachy
Reserves:

1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

I just did my first 5 laps here in the big Cat (offline) ... wow - this is gonna be sick :D
... just a question - anyone else "wheely-ing" over the 6th gear crest near the end of the lap?
Don't want to try "curing" it as I am having sooo much fun ... as Stuart says, am almost shouting "Wheeee!!!" over the crests :wink2:

1:22 after 5 laps and taking a Rouen setup ... how does that compare, anywhere near or miles off the pace??
not had the chance to do a lap yet:disapointed:, but i will :laugh2:

I must stop giving you these presents, Peter :D

In the last race, I didn't spin but took a detour otherwise I'd have hit you as I was way faster than you in that corner on that lap, and if I went for it you'd have turned in on me if you weren't expecting it. I decided to take what points were on offer rather than possibly take us both out.

But very good driving, mate - no mistakes. :good: I'll see you out there again soon :D

Really strange as I thought even from the replay that you had spun there! (revs go up, moving in the same direction like where you go if you push it too hard)
You were faster, but as I've seen on the replay only in braking zones. In the corner the distance didn't change, and I accelerated a little (very little) better out of corners. And that puts it to the strange category even more, as there I was accelerating, not braking. And really you didn't seem faster. I don't know, maybe it was only that we were too close and/or you expected me to brake there. But I didn't brake, and I think even if you could accelerate out better there you couldn't pass me there as there's not enough room! But clearly you would have had a chance in the last 2 corners, cause there is a braking zone again, not as long though.

Don't know but really really good racing with you Stuart!:) And this event wasn't the first where we had a great battle:)

Srry have to pull out, the track isn't running well at my comp.
I have some strange framerate drops when i come up on the bridge section and the straight.
I've tried lowering numerous graphical settings but no luck :(

Sorry to hear that Marcel:disapointed:I had some problems with the previous track as well. Did you try to just deleting and re-installing it?

had another moment with bob about midway... came across him in the penultimate corner again... but he was recovering... flew up behind him reckoning a little bit of the old intimidation was gonna work wonders... alas, not... he did give me room.. but not until i was all out of shape and riding the kerb

Sorry about that Andrew.

quit to pits and noted bob is not for the intimidating... :D

Lol, I think i am too old and to big to be intimidated. The only thing that worries me is causing others to crash through bad driving:disapointed:.

Bahh ... only dropped it by a second or so, guess knowing the track from me driving the big Aston there a few weeks back, and using a setup I knew has put me close to the edge (of my abilities :D) straight off

BTW ... the AI here are dumb and go wildly off track and swing wildly back on again - I even hit ghost AI car when I was on a PB lap.

I can also recommend turning the in game AI control in pit lane setting to "off", especially here - that little gem ruined my last Mosport race (I just got stranded in pits, not going anywhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 75 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%