• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

S2000 @ Barcelona - Monday 13th April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Trendell

5000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Servers are up. Curitiba oval is in the track list but will be skipped and is there to generate random weather so no one can get on the server & check :p

James Yates

2000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Name: James Yates
Car: BMW E46 (dorifto time :giggle:)
Comments: I tried and tried to miss this and do the Nippon race, but i can't manage it :p

Mark Guy

1000RPM
Aug 21, 2008
Would it be ok if there is a open spot at race time that I join, as I'm not sure I can make it??
Is it Barcelona GP circuit??

Dave Gardner

250RPM
Jul 15, 2007
stupid question time
it says GMT,but is that GMT +1 as it is now or GMT
i would rather it was called BST as i know what time that would be then

Simon Trendell

5000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Times are GMT :)
There shouldn't be difference in start times because all the times in the post were moved an hour back. Add 1 for BST now.

Mark, drop in if you can, not expecting a full server, good sized grids spread between rF & Evo tonight which is positive.

F

Frank Herfjord

well that was fun. I was at 7th after pit on lap 14 in race two. I was very happy to smell the points in my first race.

Then I rammed the wall and broke the suspension. So I pitted to fix it. Only I sped in the pit lane, getting a stop&go. When approaching the pit for my stop&go I managed to ram the wall head on and made a fireball...

Well it was my first game. It was great fun and everybody were gentleman (but crazy) drivers.

Simon Trendell

5000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
"Could the backmarker in the Volvo who left the pits and was caught in turn 1 by the 3 leading cars please come to the front desk to collect their new pair of underwear"

Sorry about that, we must of scared the hell out of you when we flew into turn 1 like that.

Jamie Wilson

500RPM
Jul 30, 2007
lol, yes, big props to that Volvo driver for not having a mental breakdown at that moment. I've been in that situation myself and it's terrifying.

F

Frank Herfjord

I was the backmarker and I was fine :)

I was coming out of the pits from my second stop (after repairing the suspension...) so I just went really slow and stayed off the racing line since I saw on the HUD that some cars would be catching up to me as I was leaving the pit lane. I'm glad I managed not to slow you guys even though it was in the middle of the S combo.

GAIAjohan

1000RPM
Sep 23, 2008
Well first race I think I didn't change my rear tyres to dry ones and well my car was sliding the first 4 laps. After this I went too fast into t5 and smaked into the wall :(.

In race 2 it went quite well, saw some hard fights in front of me which i tried to avoid but I lost my car again but now on T1 :(.. I need some consistency lessons or so.. :(

Mark Guy

1000RPM
Aug 21, 2008
The racing was fun last night. I had two good qualy's. In race one I had a graphics freeze and had to reboot my pc. Race 2 I had brain freeze at the end of the back straight and went off in to the kitty liter.
Fought back after that and made up some positions, but missed my pit box and stalled the car at the same time. Have to practice the pit stops I think.
I had great fun driving the Toledo and that car will definitley be seeing more of me.

Thanks and well done to all, I had real fun.
:)

T

Theo Loonstra

Although I was in the back of the field I enjoyed the races was a nice chance to get some action in the Honda since I missed the first event of the RDTCC Saturday cup.
Still need to make more miles in the car to get better but that will come with practice sessions and more S2000 events :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow RaceDepartment