RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Pfoeeee, i know this event wasn't going to be an easy one, but we did it.

First the quali:
Yes, this was going very well. I managed to stay in front of Marcin and behind Andreas. We all know that these 2 drivers are not from this planet so i was very pleased...

Race 1.0
Had a bad start and mr alien Marcin directly took the leed. Marcin, Andreas and me where in front going for the third corner. And there it happened. I get a nudge on my right and i lost control of my car.
Race_Steam 2010-08-04 03-24-11-39.jpg

After that we all know what happened, one big mess.
Race_Steam 2010-08-04 03-26-15-39.jpg Race_Steam 2010-08-04 03-27-16-39.jpg

I decided to restart the race

Race 1.1
After the 2 lap qualify i had the second place on the grid. Again i was a happy guy. Marcin the alien in front of me and Giorgio behind. Again my start wasn't the best so there i was, behind Marcin and Giorgio. Gary was on my tail now and he was close. But in the slipstream of Giorgio we drove a gab from Gary.

Giorgio and i had a great fight but after a small mistake of Giorgio i took my chance.
Race_Steam 2010-08-04 03-45-31-78.jpg

I was on my way to Marcin, and it was not an easy one i can tell you... Marcin seems to have a little trouble with the back of his car and the gab was closing. After a couple of laps Marcin lost the rear and again, i took my chance.
Race_Steam 2010-08-04 03-51-37-57.jpg

With Giorgio on my tail i drove the car home and finished first.

Race 2
Started from position 8 and i had a good start. Again Giorgio was right in front of me and we managed to get thrue the field. Then Giorgio lost his car and i could take his second spot. Why???, there where no front wheels on his car anymore :(
Race_Steam 2010-08-04 04-08-17-73.jpg

The gab between me and Andreas the alien was quiet big. After I calculated my chances I decided to bring this car home on the second spot. But there is one thing i can't do with these monsters... DRIVE EASY AND SAVE... I lost control of the car and parked it against a Lantern pole... End of story for me :(
Race_Steam 2010-08-04 04-19-06-60.jpg

I had a great race with you all, thanks..

See you next week, same car, other track...

Here's a short report for me.

R1: Got a decent start and found myself in 3rd just behind the leaders. Then a few laps in I got onto the curbs coming out of T3 and the car just got away from me, spinning off into the nothingness which is the infield. A long cross country drive got me back on track behind Claudio and Jarrod. I managed to pass Claudio pretty quickly as he made a mistake. It took me a while to get past Jarrod as he was driving great. After studying him for a couple of laps, I found a spot where I knew I could get a decent run on him and eventually passed him. I had both Eric N and Peter in front of me now. With them battling for position, I was able to pull them back slowly and when they both went into the pits I knew it was my chance to gain some ground. I stayed out as long as I could and was able to exit the pits in 2nd. I was well clear of everyone and just had to cruise home, when I put it into the wall losing my front aero. With just 2 or 3 laps to go I decided to just keep going in hopes of being able to maintain my position. I ended up putting the car head on into the wall a lap later and was lucky to be able to carry on. With just a few turns left to go Peter caught me and there was nothing I could do. Finished 3rd.

R2: Got a great start and shot up to 3rd behind Jarrod. I don't know if he was struggling or just being exceptionally nice to me, but it seemed to me as though he let me by. In second again I was unable to keep up with Eric N this time around. My pace in general was much worse than in the first race. Roughly a second slower per lap. This allowed Eric N to stretch his lead over me. It wasn't long before Keith caught up to me. I held him up for a few laps, but he was clearly much faster and eventually went past coming into the tunnel. While I couldn't really seem to challenge Eric N and Keith on speed in R2 I did keep my nose clean this time and put in consistent laps. This put me about 7 seconds down on the leaders at the end of the race, as they were battling for the win. So when Eric collected a flat, I was right there ready to pounce and finished 2nd.

What a brutal track, is all I can say.

Race 1
had a good start on the second bend got caught up in the mayhem,got going again but had suspension damage car did not like to turn end of race.on restart got in a good position caught a car then on a bend he went wide clipped the hedge went airborne i moved to avoid him hit a lamp post end of race 1.

Race 2
got off the line well again which is my weak point managed to stay out of trouble caught up to cor had a good battle for a couple of laps managed to get passed him after he went slightly wide,then i made a mistake lost position again happy with 5th.what a great track.

thanks hugo and rd for organizing these great porsche races.

Thanks Hugo for this cross between a rally and a race at the usual type of race track. I really like old Sachsenring.

Practise Race 1. Restart, in FPES sometimes we do practise starts, this was sort of the same thing:)

The superpole didn't work good for me. I had traffic and did rookie misstakes. My starting position was near the back of the grid.

Race 1
I am relatively new to Porsche and I am really impressed with the quickest lap times. My best ever lap was at least three seconds slower. But if you can't be blazing fast you must make sure not to hit anything major. I managed to go the distance without any big mistakes and came in 6th.

Race 2
My strategy in race one gave me a better position than I deserved. Okay it worked, then we try to repeat the same in second race. Sometimes you have Mrs Fortuna on your side, I ended up sixth in race two also. An unusual thing happened at the end of the race. I drove under and passed a car that was airborne over the super fast viaduct before the big downhill. I was lucky in cubic during the whole event. Only negativ thing was that I smashed in to a straw-bale in the double apex left hander somewhere out on the countryside and had to pit for repairs.

Thanks all for a lesson in Porsche racing.

I look forward to the next event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years