RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race! Qualified 10th. Pulled into 7th by T1 and stayed there the rest of the race. Gaynall was up on my arse up until I pit. God that man is fast. I used all of my energy just to keep him behind me. I may have defended a bit aggressively and I apologize if I did, Gaynall. I've never really done it before. I usually either let people pass or they just blast by me. Anyway, I made good time up to the pit, and came out in 7th about 20s ahead of Gaynall. He pulled up to around 5 seconds by the end of the race.

Great fun guys :) Thanks for the race!

I almost missed the race thought it was one hour later.

Got on 30 seconds before Quali started so no practice today.

Quali went ok P6 Probably wouldn't have done much better if I did practice before.

Race started well no spots lost. Tryed to be conservative stayed in 6th. Yves ,Marcel and Keith all had early mistakes ended up behind me and I was up to 4th at best. I new that wouldn't last and they all got back by me as I tryed to hang on to Pierre. Keith gave me a tap as he was trying to get by me and I spun. Keith waited then a half lap later reissued a clean pass and proceeded all the way up to 2nd place WD. No problem With the tap Keith I should have gave you the same courtesy I gave Yves and just let you by as I knew You all were on a different pace. Finished 6th

Enjoyed the racing and it was great to see Marcel back out (even if he was too fast for me to do our usual battle today) Grats to Bram and the podium.
Need to work on rear wheel drive!:fwd:

2up4tx5.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: S2000
Track: Brands Hatch Indy
Start time: 20:00 EST - 17:00 PST - 0:00 GMT Friday
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 30 mins
Race: 40 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Entrylist:
No active entry list. Please leave a message if you want to drive.

• Andrew Evans

mtommi, if you want that skin in the pack you'll need to submit it in the skin thread... see the 2nd post... and you're too late for this week...

I think I'm going to try to make this race if there is room. Although, I have never raced this track before - what are typical lap times here? I'm trying to get an idea of how long 60 laps will take. :shock:

A1Ring is one of the most famous F1 tracks:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Österreichring

The race should be about ~90min (~1:30 per lap). We dont usual run long events like this one, but that track and car should be a great combo :)

Enjoyed the racing and it was great to see Marcel back out (even if he was too fast for me to do our usual battle today).

Well, thanks for the kind words. I had a blast.

Qualy: P3, never expected this. Smashed my previous PB with 1.2 seconds. Awesome.

Race: I had a super start ( at least compared to Bram and Keith who were in front of me) so i was first at T1. Then had a good fight with Bram who was very hot on my tail.
Screwed up the exit of a corner allowing Bram to pass.
Then had Keith closing in behind me. After a few lovetaps, and a spin (after Keith nicely waited for me) we had to let Yves and Marty go by.
Then all of the sudden Keith was no longer behind me and i could concentrate on reeling in Marty and Yves.
Got by Marty but Yves proved to be too quick for me.
After the pitstop i found myself back in 3rd place and running solo for the remainder of the race.
Finished 3rd, so an excellent return on the RD racing grounds.

Thanks all for a good race, thanks Eric and RD for setting it up.

havent done a wtcc/s2000 race for ages and really enjoyed last night.

didnt join the server till half way through quali, so was ready to start at the back but managed to quali in the low teens.

Race 1. bogged down a bit of the start but still manged to nick a couple of places, by half disatance i was in 6th and closing on Neil but turned to tight into final turn and hit the tyres, loosing me 2 places and suspension damadge but car felt ok and with 2 laps to go i was closing on the 3 in front.
with Neil trying to reduce his carbon footprint and only putting in 25L of fuel i new he would be holding up Jamie and Robert. and starting the last lap i was right behind when Jamie and Robert ran wide at T1 i slipped through and easrly got Neil who was running on fumes. finished 5th and well happy.

Race 2. started 4th and avoided bogging down to nick 2nd into T1, i followed Neil for a few laps but a few mistakes under braking and i got the lead. still 1st at halfway point thoughts of winning were creaping in my mind, but then i noticed McGary climbing the leader board and with about 4 laps to go he was in 2nd and closing. trying to prevent the inevitable i covered the inside line into T2 but he sneaked around the outside, supprisingly i held on for 2 laps setting a new PB but couldn`t keep up that pace and with a gap to 3rd i settled for 2nd place :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%