S22 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm we might need to make a quick decision then, do we put up with low fps or put up with radioactive visuals.

right now i'd think radioactive visuals are a bit better than low fps, whatever we choose will need to quick as the longer we leave it the less practise people can do knowing the right track.

Right, I've just tried the RaceRfactor and the SimRacingHub versions of Yas Marina and got the following results:

Settings: M, M, M, M, X16, M, M, O, L, M, H, H - PE=Low, AA=L3
RaceRfactor: Low=24 fps, High = 55 fps
SimRacingHub: Low = 56 fps, High = 60 fps

Settings: F, F, F, F, X16, F, Max, Q, H, H, U, H - PE=Low, AA=L3
RaceRfactor: Low=21 fps, High = 55 fps
SimRacingHub: Low = 50 fps, High = 60 fps

As above, but PE=None, AA=None
RaceRfactor: Low=21 fps, High = 52 fps
SimRacingHub: Low = 51 fps, High = 59 fps

My conclusion is that the SimRacingHub's Yas Marina is raceable on the maximal settings even on my GTX 1050 Ti, i5-660 (first generation) system (even with 12 AI cars as I had at the time), and that the RaceRfactor version is not raceable under any circumstances (on my system), and I've even tried low everything and it doesn't get any better.

I don’t think this track (the one in the download link) has been updated to dx11 standards, the garage and other white areas look radioactive, I turned off pp and it’s no much easier on the eye.

Will be interesting to see what the performance is like with other cars on track, not ai obviously.

I haven't seen anything that killed my eyes (on either of the two tracks I've tried - is there another?).

hmmm we might need to make a quick decision then, do we put up with low fps or put up with radioactive visuals.

right now i'd think radioactive visuals are a bit better than low fps, whatever we choose will need to quick as the longer we leave it the less practise people can do knowing the right track.

The two tracks I've tried drive very much the same (apart from a huge shadow in the SimRacingHub version that blackens a left-hander in the twiddly section that makes it hard to see!).

going by your tests i think im happy to leave the simracinghub version on server, we can put up with the odd graphical problem (if it is a problem) rather than have everyone stutter along with low fps which could cause incidents.

thanks for the testing and time you put in.

oh damn, there must be a few versions out there then, i just went and checked and its from SimRacingHub, says its been updated for the 2018 season, so maybe yours is an earlier version, let me know how it differs if possible.

It's downloaded and created a folder "CRC 2015 Abu Dhabi", and I added an AI car and sat in its cockpit to see the track and Russell is right - it's awful!

When I joined the server last night (after hearing Russell's low frame-rate post), it didn't download anything, it just entered a Yas Marina I had already (the RaceRfactor one). After I realised it was all true, I joined another race from the server (some F1 league) and that downloaded the SimRacingHub track, which is the one that I think is okay. Now there is the version of Yas Marina on the Presto server now.

David, if you open the launcher in multi-player mode and type "yas" in the filter, there'll be an event "SimRacingHub.com F1" with a track called "Yas Marina Circuit" - could you join that event to get their version of the track and try it please. I think that this is the best version I've tried.

I did tell you I wanted that heating fixed, I gave you ample opportunity, its the Landlords responsibility not mine.......

Joking aside thats shocking and having to deal with that at this time of year makes it all worse. Hope you can get a resolution to your problem soon and you'll be welcome back for next season, keep checking the forums for fun races posted with diffrent cars and tracks, these should start just after New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%