S22 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously Rf2 cannot replicate the altitude problems of the real world where you'd just bolt on as much downforce as possible and still be struggling for grip due to the thin air so using MDF might be a compromise on that to make it quite realistic (lets hope the Renault engine in game is as good as it was in real life at this track lol)

obviously Rf2 cannot replicate the altitude problems of the real world where you'd just bolt on as much downforce as possible and still be struggling for grip due to the thin air so using MDF might be a compromise on that to make it quite realistic (lets hope the Renault engine in game is as good as it was in real life at this track lol)

But there's no reason why not, as the air density is easily catered for - lift and drag are both proportional to dynamic pressure (q), which is equal to 0.5 * rho * V * V, so just reduce rho (the air density) and voila! It is meant to be a simulation after all, so lets hope they simulate this too. However, I've found it to be done poorly or not at all too (MDP should be slower than HDP, at least if the F1 guys know what they're talking about, and they say it's a high down-force track).

I guess what I said above depends on whether rFactor 2 allows a track to have an altitude setting and, if so, whether the track's developer set it to a representative value.

Last edited:
I don't know what we as a group do between seasons, but we could have some sort of fun series where each race is with a different car-set, and it could be a simple practice/qualification/race format to make it easier to administer. We would get a rough idea who liked what the most, and use that to decide what to do next.

I have yet to try the MP4/13 so can't comment, but I do quite like the Formula Renault as I find a modern F1 car to be more of a test of reflexes than anything else, so I'd rather avoid that if possible.

We could also use circuits that are not on the F1 calendar too, like the old Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Rouen, etc. with driver safety not being of any consideration to us. Please don't hate me for saying it, but I even quite like the odd oval race, which each of the two previous leagues I was in (even the European one) included in their championships.

I don't know what we as a group do between seasons, but we could have some sort of fun series where each race is with a different car-set, and it could be a simple practice/qualification/race format to make it easier to administer. We would get a rough idea who liked what the most, and use that to decide what to do next.

I have yet to try the MP4/13 so can't comment, but I do quite like the Formula Renault as I find a modern F1 car to be more of a test of reflexes than anything else, so I'd rather avoid that if possible.

We could also use circuits that are not on the F1 calendar too, like the old Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Rouen, etc. with driver safety not being of any consideration to us. Please don't hate me for saying it, but I even quite like the odd oval race, which each of the two previous leagues I was in (even the European one) included in their championships.
If you like the fr3.5 you will love the mp4/13

I've just tried it and even with everything on Low I only got 30-40 fps with a low of 25 fps and a maximum of 45 fps. I usually run everything on High/Ultra (but turn it all down to Medium/High for the races, to be on the safe side). I'll reboot my computer just to be sure it's not playing silly-buggers. It's odd looking on Low, as there is just blue sky beyond the fences, so it's hard to get any sort of frame of reference as to where you are.

I'm downloading (from the launcher) a track called "Yas Marina Circuit" on SimRacingHub.com.F1 (as opposed to ours which is called "RaceRfactor Yas Marina 2013") to see if it's any better. Just tried it quickly and it is better giving me a steady 60 fps (which is what I have it capped at) with everything on Medium/High, but had the odd stutter when it dropped into the 20's, which sometimes happens [EDIT: but goes] once you've been through that section once. I'll try it properly tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 177 10.2%
  • < 4 years