S18 - Important Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Just to let everyone know that the honeymoon period for the first race of the season has now ended. Tonights race at Singapore will be where we start handing out penalties for any serious incidents. We gave everyone the chance to get them out of their system at Monza but from now please be aware that incidents (that are reported) will be dealt with seriously.

I you don't want a penalty then please be very carefull on track :thumbsup:

The grace period is over, and we will begin reviewing incidents and responding to them from now on!

We offered a grace period for everyone to settle back into things, but starting with Singapore we are reviewing incidents and will determine what we think is an appropriate response. We will review incidents posted in the incidents thread or sent to either myself, @Peter Decker or @David Turnbull in private if we think they are severe enough and are posted before noon the friday after the race. (Because this announcement is going up late, we've extended this deadline to noon on Saturday for the Singapore round. It will be Friday for all following races!)

The way we will do this is fully outlined in this document. It also includes a list of rules we will be enforcing, none of which should be surprising to anyone. I would also like to emphasise the brief paragraph after Rules. We're a simracing league, not a court of law. ;) So don't bother looking for loopholes!

The goal is to not affect anyone who is racing in a way we feel is fair already. So if you're a clean driver, just carry on doing what you're doing. :thumbsup:

I'll find a way to publish how many WPs everyone has, and also publish reports on who's gotten what WPs/penalties and why as it happens. For the time being though, everyone is on 0 WPs and the Singapore race results are provisional until it's announced they're finalised.

Play nice, everyone! :D

Peter informed me that the version of COTA we use has a problem with DRS usage so I've been looking for an alternative for the postponed race.

All I've been able to find so far is the FSR COTA 2014 track, if anyone knows of a more upto date version then please PM me with a download link if possible and I'll get it added to the server to practise on.

If nobody comes up with one by the end of today we will go with the 2014 version so we have a few days to practise it before Wednesday :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back