S18 - General Discussion

I was thinking to sign up for the event, btw i noticed the same behaviour in Monza. Zandvoort, as Monza, has more right turns than left ones, and i noticed this behaviour after Lesmo 1. I don't remember the camber setting, i'll try later and do a report.

I was thinking to sign up for the event, btw i noticed the same behaviour in Monza. Zandvoort, as Monza, has more right turns than left ones, and i noticed this behaviour after Lesmo 1. I don't remember the camber setting, i'll try later and do a report.

I've tried with maximum (-4.5), still the outside hotter than inside, this is not normal in an open wheel car...

how is it affecting tyre wear? if its not affecting it too much then i wouldnt worry about it tbh, there are still some thing with rf2 tyres that dont make much sense but alot of times it makes us think its affecting things but in practise it doesnt affect much.

my own preference with the r3.5 tyres is to run max -2.8 camber front and max -1.2 camber rear, this helps me alot with tyre wear but i stopped paying much intrest in the heat patterns a while ago (probably before update) and ive never went back to find out if they work better than before.

how is it affecting tyre wear? if its not affecting it too much then i wouldnt worry about it tbh, there are still some thing with rf2 tyres that dont make much sense but alot of times it makes us think its affecting things but in practise it doesnt affect much.

my own preference with the r3.5 tyres is to run max -2.8 camber front and max -1.2 camber rear, this helps me alot with tyre wear but i stopped paying much intrest in the heat patterns a while ago (probably before update) and ive never went back to find out if they work better than before.

Yes, i use same cambers as you and believe me, it wears a lot! But my main concern is that it doesn't make sense, with a camber with -4.5 your contact patch should be inside only, even if the car was sliding too much in corners...

Hi Rui, after the race at Zandvoort and more practice at Monza, it seems to me that the outside gets much hotter only in some banked turns (Lesmo 1, 2 & Parabolica for example). Leter i'll try in a flat track like Singapore.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back