S18 - General Discussion

that would be april then :)

sorry ive not been around to organise any fun races im having problems with my pc atm, its bsod central for me :( sort of ruled it down to my cpu (4790k) and if it turns out it deffo is the cpu then i need to think about what i do as getting a replacement is way too costly, it may be that id need to upgrade cpu, ram and motherboard which again will be very costly and wont happen anytime soon :( soon as ive sussed out what im going to do ill try get something organised.

in the meantime congrats to Tom on the championship win, deffo the most improved driver of the last few seasons and congrats to everyone who turned up at all the races we need you back next season putting in the same level of commitment :) there will be news on season 19 soon, its likely to start sometime in early to mid febuary so keep your eye out, hopefully we get a few fun races in before then though.

It's sad to hear David, that you are having problems with your computer. If it's the CPU, maybe it is related to the latest Windows Meltdown/Spectre patches.

About Season 19, is the car and calendar already decided? In the last months there were a lot nice DX11 tracks releases like Dubai, Portimao, Jerez, Zolder and many more. But anyway really looking forward to start the new PrestoGP Season :D

seem to have come across a solution to the cpu problem... when turbo clock is enabled which takes the cpu to 4.4ghz i get bsods under load, when its disabled it will run happily at 4ghz in stress tests and gaming, so the solution is to just use the cpu at 4ghz, with it being a 4790k the 4ghz is plenty to do everything needed and more, nothing actually touches it at 4ghz. Im putting it down to being some degredation in the chip thats happened through time, ive had it since it first came onto the market which is roughly 3 years now (and 3 weeks out of warranty :( )

soooo..... lets get the fun races started :)

what would we like? any ideas, preferrably open wheeler but can be tin top if theres enough folk fancy that, track can be anything :)

get your ideas in and we will have the first one in roughly a week or two :)

Yeah, grats you solved it :)

Maybe the power supply is not strong enough or not anymore.
I think the switching power supply decreases it`s performance, rather than the CPU.
The more you clock the CPU the more voltage it is needing to work properly.
So maybe also your mainboard can`t provide the volate or current the CPU is needing.
You can try to set the voltage manually ... but be careful you can destroy your CPU :geek:

When the mainboard increases the clocks automaticly, it usually also increases it for other parts (RAM, ...)
So maybe the RAM is too slow (it also needs more voltage, current and cooling for more clock) ,...

Also an important point the cooling.
When your cooling is dusty you may have some degrees more temperature ...
So it worked when you computer was new and clean, and now ... :D

For the fun races I prefer short tracks :)
I also prefer slow cars for this :D

been there and bought the t shirt martin :)

Changed PSU to a known good one, changed Graphics card, swapped RAM out and tested each individual stick, I've played with Vcore and voltages in manual and still the same, Sean gave me a loan of his 4790k and I done some benchmarks and played some games and his ran fine so I've ruled everything out as I've gone, its deffo the CPU turbo clocks causing it which points to degradation in the chip, like I said though it will run happily at 4ghz so I'll leave it be until it gives up altogether then I'll think about getting a new one or upgrading :)

Good to hear you solved it :)
Next week I cannot race but I will be back at 29th January.

Some Ideas for the fun races:
  • Classic BTCC: Nissan Primera with a british track like Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Knockhill, Oulton Park...
  • Porsche Supercup: Flat 6 and tracks like Oschersleben, Most, Zolder, Jerez (my home track :D)...
  • Very fast Openwheelers: CART 98, Dallara DW12, FISI, DESF V10 2017 in fast tracks like Dubai, Portimao, VIR, Estoril, NOLA...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%