S16 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fred,

Its something I'm always thinking about, the plan was to wait until August but as pointed out, thats quite a break, so I'm thinking about starting up again very soon and running through until the end of November then season 17 will begin as usual in February 2017.

Car for S16

ISI Formula Renault 3.5

Provisional S16 Calendar

13th July: Red Bull Ring, Austria
27th July: Silverstone, Britain

*Summer break*
24th August: Nurburgring, Germany
7th September: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
28th September: Monza, Italy
12th October: Singapore
26th October: Sepang, Malaysia
9th November: Suzuka, Japan
23rd November: Austin, USA
7th December: Interlagos, Brazil

Provisional S16 Settings

19:00pm Practise - 1hr
20:00pm Qualifying - 10 mins
20:10pm Warmup - 5 mins
20:15pm Practise start x1 - 3 mins
20:18pm Race1 - 20 mins, x2 Wear
20:38pm Warmup - 5 mins
20:42pm Race2 - 50 mins, x2 Wear, Reverse grid
21:32pm Post race discussion

I'm fairly certain this will be the format we will use for this coming season, just to add something a little different, there will be a 4 week break between Silverstone and Nurburgring for summer holidays.

The points system for the 2 race format will be decided by April but something like half points for the 20 mins and usual Presto points for the 50 mins.

The penalty system we will use should be fairly easy, Incident reports will be mandatory for all, if you dont report an incident you risk a back of the grid penalty for next race, actual racing incidents will be decided by the race director (whoever he/she may be) and either time or grid penalties will apply.

We will use weather if its available to us and we can work out how to use it :)

Last edited:
Provisional S16 Calendar

13th July: Red Bull Ring, Austria
27th July: Silverstone, Britain

*Summer break*
24th August: Nurburgring, Germany
7th September: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
28th September: Monza, Italy
12th October: Singapore
26th October: Sepang, Malaysia
9th November: Suzuka, Japan
23rd November: Austin, USA
7th December: Interlagos, Brazil

Calendar still works out fine if we start a week later for Daniel :)

Thanks for the info Simon that wouldve been one of the things to work out, at least theres a way to do it without restarting server, although thats not much hassle either.

And we will test the weather plugin out in plenty time Artyom, hopefully we will be using random weather from the first race :)

The format looks great to me David. I do hope you/we get enough competitors.Time will tell though, still got a good few weeks yet to build up the participation.

Regards,
Bret

Need help :rolleyes:

Can`t get a good feeling with the FR3.5, specially in slow corners with my G25.
Feel`s like I`m driving on ice or so ...
I do not get a feedback when I`m losing the grip.

Tried everything so far what I found to this theme
(FFB min Torque, FFB multi, FFB Smothing, Caster, ...).
Also worked through this thread.

Also read that this is normal to the FR3.5,
because this car is light and when there is no downforce from the wings (when driving slow),
it feels light ... because it is light ^^
And a low-force wheel like the G25 can`t give a good feedback over the hole spectrum (light to heavy).

Also read that heavy cars without much downforce (e.g. Flat4) generate not such a big FFB spectrum,
because they are heavy and the low downforce from the wings do not change the weigth that much.
With such cars I have a much better feeling.

Any tips ?

Thx :)
Martin

Need help :rolleyes:

Can`t get a good feeling with the FR3.5, specially in slow corners with my G25.
Feel`s like I`m driving on ice or so ...
I do not get a feedback when I`m losing the grip.

Tried everything so far what I found to this theme
(FFB min Torque, FFB multi, FFB Smothing, Caster, ...).
Also worked through this thread.

Also read that this is normal to the FR3.5,
because this car is light and when there is no downforce from the wings (when driving slow),
it feels light ... because it is light ^^
And a low-force wheel like the G25 can`t give a good feedback over the hole spectrum (light to heavy).

Also read that heavy cars without much downforce (e.g. Flat4) generate not such a big FFB spectrum,
because they are heavy and the low downforce from the wings do not change the weigth that much.
With such cars I have a much better feeling.

Any tips ?

Thx :)
Martin
I used a FFB multi of 2.00 which is pretty extreme on my G25, but I have to agree that the G25 really limits the experience with this car and it works much better on stronger wheels. Also an increase in caster in the setup can lead to a bit better feedback. I would put FFB Smoothing off and only a slight FFB min Torque (I personally never used it), but still the result won't be that great.

preview.jpg

Here's a WIP of my livery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back