S15 - Skins Thread

Sean Greenlaw

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi everyone :) I was thinking and it would be good if we can all of us to either use our own skins or pick a car in game and try not to have more than 2 cars the same.
I know everyone will want to use skin they want o use but we can 1st try and please everyone with some compromise. This also doesn't mean you have to be in team or that just sharing skins and or can have individual skin to.

So in this thread we can try and sort out who wants what livery etc to get a more diverse looking full grid thinking to future if and when possible live stream will happen as well.

If anyone would like to make there own, I use paint.net and learned from Jonas's old guide for race07 and it works just the same theres other guides for photoshop and gimp I just find paint.net easy to use.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/season-9-skin-thread.53787/

If anyone would like a skin but don't know/want to make, I can maybe lend a hand if I get enough free time to make one. :geek: What would help would be if you can make up a folder with pics of desired car, from sides, front, top etc. Also separate individual logo pics from google images (larger resolutions best) this would save a lot of time for me to make the skin. I'm not the greatest skinner :giggle: so nothing to complicated and no earth dreams lol.

I'll be using same Malboro McLaren style but I can make another with different number and name etc for anyone that wants can drive that one to.
rFactor22015-02-2215-03-07-17_zps5f8fdaf2.png

Also for fun I made a new McLaren mp4/30 style to try and get chrome look ok was a bit of a challenge. So there another 2 available a 14 and a 22, I think it looks pretty good I added couple extra logos you may notice :).
rFactor22015-02-2202-33-03-85_zpsc27f130f.png

rFactor22015-02-2202-33-37-72_zps2a2ad4d8.png

rFactor22015-02-2202-37-54-71_zps9caaf384.png

Team/Driver Livery

1. Sean Greenlaw Mp4/4 no12 custom skin.
2. ? Mp4/4 no11 custom skin.
3. ? Mp4/30 no14 custom skin.
4. ? Mp4/30 no22 custom skin.

Last edited:
It will be a shock when that camouflaged beast comes out of nowhere from behind :O_o:

Can one get a desired number without yet having a livery? If so, I would love to have my go-kart number, "the ambivalent number 1" - no.7 :cool:

Those of you who've done the test races have probably seen this already, but I've got this skin I mostly copied from Marussia's '14 car. I say mostly because I skipped the sponsor & team logos.

It's my first time in years even trying to make a skin. But since my entire time at Presto so far has been on a default skin, I figured it was about time I got off my butt and got something different. :p

I should probably put PrestoGP and/or RaceDepartment logos on it also, come to think of it. And if we're running numbers, I'll need to put that on too. :p

GRAB_001.JPG

GRAB_003.JPG

Last edited:
Recently I have been using the camo skin that I have found on here in the downloads but it has no number and I don't know how to add one any ideas and also if that will be ok?
Also if we can choose our own numbers I'd like to have 97 if poss

James take a look at the look I posted with guide for r07 basically the same for rf2 if you want to make yourself. I found it easy after a bit trial and error, however Photoshop and gimp I just can't use them where it goes complicated for me paint.net is just like using paint in windows :laugh:.

If still can't, make up a folder with pics n logos like I said in 1st post and send to me, I'll have a go at it for you :thumbsup:

I think it might be quite easy as its not far off McLarens along the edge of nose style lines. When you see template with wireframe its just a case of following lines along side.

If you can find the default skin you use then should be nps to add number to it Peter :thumbsup:

Richard I don't know about editing someone else's skin to add numbers etc, but I think if u asked David nicely I can make a no97 of the camo skin I made :thumbsup:

Also April fyi there are prestogp logos on mydrive :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years