S15 - Important Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
All server's redone, we have 3 x build 930 servers.

PrestoGP Malaysia Qual
PrestoGP Malaysia 30min
PrestoGP S14 Race1 (B930)

and we have 1 x build 910 server.

PrestoGP S14 Race1 (B910)

My plan would be for everyone to have both builds installed, we get to Malaysia on 1/4/15 if any problems with build 930 on race night then we switch quickly to build 910 for the race, obviously testing all this first would be great but we never get the same numbers for a test as we do for real race's so we will need to just go with it at the moment.

Hopefully whatever was the problem will be gone by reinstalling all server's, I'll have someone with server know how have a look to make sure there's no glaringly obvious mistakes on my part, would you be up for this @Gijs van Elderen ?

Anyhoo servers are up and usable for the moment, any changes I'll post here and let you know :thumbsup:

Hi Guy's

Due to problem's with either the server or the build we are forced into having a backup
of build 910 just incase next race we see the same problem's. Gijs has been kind enough
to go through our server install's and he has given us the green light so to speak which
mean's any problem's we have must be either build or router related, we are slowly getting
thing's narrowed down and hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel very soon,
In the meantime I'd like to thank you all for continueing to stick by us during this period,
we knew changing platform would be a challenge and it's certainly proving to be.

For the next attempt which will be 1/4/15 I'd like everyone to have 2 installs of rF2,
One of build 910 and one of build 930, the ideal scenario is we use build 930 and all goes
well now that Gijs has made some changes, If not then we jump right onto build 910 server
and continue the event, this obviously means some work for you guy's but I'll try make that
as easy as possible for you, I will provide link's and a short guide on what to do, I hope
everyone can take the time to do this, theres 10 day's until the next race so I aim to have
everyone sorted by then, so lets get on with this.........

1. Create a folder somewhere, call it what you like.
2. Install Build 910 to that folder and let it install userdata to that same folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pbc5c646c05a38a/rFactor2_LiteBuild_910.exe
3. Start the launcher for build 910 once installed, setup video options, start single player then quit.
4. Open Launcher for build 910 and start Modmanager, instal just R3.5 mod, Malaysia, Sao Paulo and Silverstone and PrestoMix2.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e52nxeftbf06z87/ISI_FormulaRenault35_2014-v11.rfcmp
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgxwed3cxjf1wph/ISI_Malaysia_2007-v142.rfcmp
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k772qlwfxtgojsr/ISI_SaoPaulo_2013-v101.rfcmp
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mrujt36c72h9nr4/ISI_Silverstone_2012-v135.rfcmp
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q6dq88w548b8ae6/PrestoMix2.rfmod
5. Now copy your settings folder, controller.json file and player.json and any skins from your userdata/player folder in build 930 install.
6. Try to play, it should work with same setting's as your build 930.
7. Any problem's post here
:thumbsup:

If all goes well we will have everyone with both build's installed, a simple switch between servers if any problems occur and we should be good to go, we then pick the build that works for us and stick with it until further notice.

Again I'm sorry for all these problem's coming from Race07 this is all new to us as it was mostly working out of the box, we will get there though.:)

Last edited:
Hi guys :)

Are we all ready for Wednesday?

Remember to have an instal of build 910 just incase anything happen's, it seem's that I've made a huge error with the server's, The guide I'd read showed how to make new player profiles and use them instead of the player.json, it turn's out that the server's were'nt using the new profiles at all but using the old one's still left, changing this back to normal has made live timing function again without any router change's like last time so I'm hopefull that build 930 will work for us now that the server's have been changed but like I say just incase we need to have build 910 installed too.

Remember skin transfer will be off on the race server, you can download skins from mediafire in the meantime (more need added). Do NOT have .rcd files in your skins folder, if you do you risk creating problems for the rest of us and there's been plenty time and notice required to remove these, if someone still come's onto server with .rcd files now after all the mention of them then they risk a kick from the server and at the very least some harsh language :)

Reconnecting will be done during warmup session's, at most we will add 5 minutes (or one skip back) to warmup to allow anyone disconnecting to rejoin, if after the extra 5 minutes (or one skip back) we are still missing anyone then the decision to continue must be made to keep everything to timescale and to minimise problems with the server caused by repeated skipped session's.

Also I've made some slight changes to the website, added some promotion of RD and Avid Sports, added some banner's and stuff too.

cya on Wednesday :)

Race Attendance and Practise

Since season 14 started the numbers have slowly dwindled, that is to be expected in any league as people find they either dont have the time to practise or they are busy on the days of races. We have a group of 14 who are very regular but we need all of our members to show some commitment by putting in some time during the 2 weeks off to practise and be ready for the races, members commitment is what is paramount to PrestoGP's survival.

When Season 14 is finished we will have a discussion about how to raise our profile to attract new members and how to spice up the league to make it more intresting i.e change of car, choice of tracks, on track rules. Before then please all make an effort to join the races as much as you can.

Servers using FSR Canada, you'll find the track download either here at RD or on our Live Timing page on the website, Rfmod should download from the server, please report any bugs you find as soon as you find them, we need to make a decision quickly wether we use this version or another track completely, JES from FSR has tried his best to fix all bugs and hopefully he has but some extensive testing should tell us. :thumbsup:

This will be our Live Timing from now until Stefan releases his new timing app....

PrestoGP Live Timing

I'm in the process of rebuilding the dedi server, backing up the important things and then it will get a format and reinstall of all servers, The times logged in the past from the 30 mins server will be saved and hopefully still work on LiveRacers timing, if not then we will all just have to set PB's again :)

Usual servers will be back up in a few days :)

some changes to servers guys....

server 1 - Renault 3.5 with Malaysia, Silverstone, Interlagos
server 2 - DW12 Indycar with Malaysia, Silverstone, Interlagos
server 3 - ASR F1 with Malaysia, Silverstone, Interlagos
server 4 - DW12 + ASR F1 with RR Monza, RR Sinagpore, RR Hungaroring

All tracks downloadable from our Mediafire, Rfmods downloadable from the servers. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%