S15 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help required!!!
Had to reinstall RF2 (kept my settings, control&cars etc. BUT I can't download "Prestocota"
I have the track but, going on Presto multiplayer server it comes up with ".......mod could not be installed...." selecting 'Get missing components' just creates a message stating "check components URLS for validity"
Any ideas.!!!

edit: all sorted.!!!

Last edited:
sorry, that was me testing out the getmod, totally forgot to reset the servers, oops :(

will get on it now.

but i guess it worked to download the track and rfmod at the same time?

nope didnt change anything, but i noticed theres a fsr imola and then an _fsr imola in the dedi packages, might have something to do with it.

also i cant set the servers up until later tonight or tomorrow, theres a problem with the dedi teamviewer and its not letting me or peter connect, will get sean to restart it as soon as hes able :thumbsup:

The expansion onto Steam is done. A few points to be aware of before you do it...
  • If you're a non-lifetime subscriber you will lose your remaining subscription when you migrate. The option to migrate should be there permanently, so you can do it when your subscription runs out and renew after.
  • Lifetime subscriptions are migrated and will be effective immediately. No need to rebuy or renew after migrating.
  • You will lose your non-steam access to rF2 when you migrate to Steam. Not really a big issue, except...
  • I've not seen it confirmed, but I doubt you can migrate back to non-steam later. Historically, removing a game from one's Steam library has been tricky and only happens in very specific circumstances.
  • Currently it looks like only the latest build is available on Steam. No means of rolling back temporarily for a league who hasn't updated yet.
I've posted on the ISI forums asking about the last point. But we may already be excluding anyone who's migrated to Steam unless we leap straight onto the latest builds, unless they get that option or have it already.

There will be some potential problems with the auto-updating in the future.
Not only will it auto-update your build, but also potentially your track-version and car-version if you use something that you have subscribed to in steam-workshop (like all official content for example).

That can happen right when you are about to start your league race.

Through peer-pressure, you pretty much can't avoid most of the people accesing the game through steam in the future, so you will most likely have to start trusting the builds blindly.

You could write announcements about setting off auto-updates ect., but we all know it won't work :)

It would really be nice if modders submitted any major updates to their mods as new items on Workshop. Save updating existing ones for bug fixes which don't mess with normal use. Whether that will be how things happen or not, I'm not sure.

Has anyone here made the plunge over to Steam yet?

Im unsure whether I'll be racing tonight. Just received a call from a good friend whose other half has been rushed into hospital, and he's asked me to taxi him home later. All being well I'll be able to race, but if not, that's the reason that I won't be there. Hopefully see you all later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%