S15 General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As making skins is not possible, i think we should not restricted people to use skins that are already taken. Because the feelings of the cars are really not the same, only because of the sound. What do you guys think?

When downloading content with vmod, says something about the url not being right and won't download japan. Any Ideas.

in the player.json, under graphics options set all the cockpit vibrations to 0 and head physics too.

"Cockpit Vibration Freq1":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Freq1#":"Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)",
"Cockpit Vibration Freq2":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Freq2#":"Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation",
"Cockpit Vibration Mult1":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Mult1#":"Primary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
"Cockpit Vibration Mult2":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",

and

"Head Physics":0,
"Head Physics#":"Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)",
"Head Rotation":0,
"Head Rotation#":"Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only",

I have seen a couple of tidbits about a calendar change and also a test race. I haven't seen much of a conversation about the race and the discos. Is there an announcement coming? Was the race nullified?

the disconnects are server problems nothing at your client end to do so no point making any announcments until such times the server is fixed. the race was postponed until next wednesday, the calendar reflects this :thumbsup:

and yup a test race on either monday or tuesday whatever can give us the greater turn out, we need numbers to put peters server to a proper test :)

After the talk on the server for Monza's race about dropped scores, I guess we should consider it properly here. See if people want it, and if it's the right thing to do. So I've got these hypothetical outcomes for S14 had we adopted a dropped scores policy.

If we only drop each driver's worst, then it seems a bit pointless. The only two drivers who drop any points are Dino Paolini and Artyom Aslamazyan, as they both scored points with finishes at every race. Dino remains in 1st and Artyom in 2nd.
  1. Dino Paolini 379
  2. Artyom Aslamazyan 310
  3. David Turnbull 280
  4. Nicolas Delamare 257
  5. Peter Decker 227
  6. Sean Greenlaw 215
  7. Martin Floeck 180
  8. Tim McIver 169
  9. April Dillon 163
  10. Mark Breslin 99
  11. Valerio Vinassa 98
  12. Nicolas Rouge 93
With 2 drops we start seeing some changes. Dino, Artyom, Peter and myself all drop points, though we still make a minority of the grid.
  1. Dino Paolini 336
  2. David Turnbull 280 (+1)
  3. Artyom Aslamazyan 276 (-1)
  4. Nicolas Delamare 257
  5. Sean Greenlaw 215 (+1)
  6. Peter Decker 209 (-1)
  7. Martin Floeck 180
  8. Tim McIver 169
  9. April Dillon 150
  10. Mark Breslin 99
  11. Valerio Vinassa 98
  12. Nicolas Rouge 93
This is the threshold where we start seeing the outcome change. Both David Turnbull and Sean Greenlaw's DNFs are diminished compared to Artyom and Peter's consistency. And with 3 drops...
  1. Dino Paolini 293
  2. David Turnbull 255 (+1)
  3. Artyom Aslamazyan 242 (-1)
  4. Nicolas Delamare 226
  5. Sean Greenlaw 215 (+1)
  6. Peter Decker 187 (-1)
  7. Martin Floeck 160
  8. Tim McIver 155
  9. April Dillon 136
  10. Mark Breslin 99
  11. Valerio Vinassa 98
  12. Nicolas Rouge 93
No change in positions from 2 drops, both within the top 10 and below. And at this point we are dropping 1/3rd of the race results, which is rather excessive.

Below 10th place in the championship the 3 dropped scores are all DNFs or DNSs for each driver. For reference, the final standings in S14 (as is official, without dropped scores) compared to how many race finishes everyone has, and also starts.
  1. Dino Paolini 9/9
  2. Artyom Aslamazyan 9/9
  3. David Turnbull 7/9
  4. Nicolas Delamare 7/9
  5. Peter Decker 8/8
  6. Sean Greenlaw 6/9
  7. Martin Floeck 7/8
  8. Tim McIver 7/9
  9. April Dillon 8/9
  10. Mark Breslin 5/8
  11. Valerio Vinassa 6/9
  12. Nicolas Rouge 4/6
The full sheet I worked this out in is here if anyone wants to see everything. Though one thing it can't account for is some of our new drivers, and what effect they'll have in other parts of the field.

tl;dr please April :p

No, seriously..the for me most important thing about this drop rule is that you are able to miss one round and still be there to fight for your position in the championship, if we don't have the rule and you miss a race you are nearly done if your rival doesn't make any huge mistakes in a couple of Races.

We need to agree on this very soon, I see both sides of the arguement, it obviously makes sense for everyone as it provides some leeway you could miss a race, you could dnf and still know your in with a chance at the end. but... the other side of this is what if you complete every race and get to the end thinking you've won the championship but a guy who has dnf'd actually wins because you've had to give up a 3rd place as your worst result which then gives you less points than the guy who dnf'd.

Like I said I see both side's to this, maybe the guy dnf'd due to an incident lapping or disconnect or.. you get the point that would be fair in my eyes to take away the worst result, but what if the guy dnf'd due to a silly move or his own error, is it then fair to take away that result? and give him an advantage come the end so to speak.

We need everyones thought's on this ASAP, a decision needs to be made early so that if we do go with it and it gets to the end there can be no complaining if the above happen's :thumbsup:

I'm in favor of using a drop one race-rule, since everyone should be able to compete at their best level and we're not privileged enough in this earth-life to always fully commit to this heaven of simultaneous alpha- and beta-brain waves. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back