S14 - General Discussion

HI guys, here's a setup i got shared by someone for Spa. So far i've run some 2:01:xx with it, I think fastest drivers i've seen we're in the 1:57:xx if i'm right. That means i need a lot of practice :( I guess PrestoGP's best drivers will go even faster than that so,,,,, iissshhhh i hope they have a nice rear wing to look at :)

Steeve

Attachments

• Borja Millan01.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 279
upload_2014-12-24_15-54-17.png

Here are the best times made in RaceDepartment F3.5 Series on Spa Steeve. Are you running high downforce package ? or ?

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-24_15-53-58.png
    upload_2014-12-24_15-53-58.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 256
Spa is a track for the medium df-package, very clearly so even. On most tracks it is a very clear choice which df-package to choose, since the wing-configurations in these df-packages are very limited. The only track in this recent RD season where the choice was unclear was Bahrain, out of 8 tracks.

Hi guys,

Merry Christmas to all :)

I've had a bit of trouble over last few days, managed to get a new cpu, mobo and ram, but when setting everything up my main hard drive decided to give up :( everything lost, all my r07 and rf2 stuff, pictures, videos, music, all gone, my own fault for not backing up so now I'm back with nothing working untill I set it all back up.

I've put a rf2 server back up from a basic install, I don't even know if it works yet so if it doesn't then give me a shout. I don't think im going to bother trying to mount up all the r07 stuff I had, what I'll do is if we are ever going to use it again be it club race or fun race I'll just install what I need at the time.

Hopefully now I'm sorted though, put a diffrent hard drive in and all is good with the new PC so once I've got back to some what normal I'll cya all on track :)

No Geoffrey, i'm running on mid downforace package, Wings at 7/29 if i'm right.

Steeve

When and if we run Spa I'll gladly help you with that track. I hope we do it since I was also missing half a second there to where I wanted to be and would love to try more stuff with the setup there.

Also, try some higher wings. I used 16/33 there. You are plenty fast there already on the straights with medium DF, no need for 2 or 3 extra kph for the sake of everything else ;)

Interesting setup Steeve. Frederic also shared one in a recent club race, and it's very different but seems fast. I wonder what are Dino's solutions. I'm testing a lot of different stuff in setup and I'm still lost, but at least I begin to get the feeling of the car, which is very different than our old F3000.

I also tested driving on wet/drying track, and it's insane ;)
I recommend no rain at least for the first half of the season because we'll lose people otherwise, it's too much work. We can still play with wind and temperature and sun/clouds.

Heres mine for Melbourne also not sure if ultimately good or not but feels good, only small changes from Davids in all probably not far from default. Tire wear pretty good even more towards rear after a small stint which is good for me lol last time I played rf2 I was usually at 60% on one of the front tires within 5 laps but that was older fr 3.5 to suppose.

High down force package and default roll thingy :unsure:

What does everyone think of using parc ferme ? I'm not really bothered either way, but can see a point for it. If we used it we can concentrate on race pace and race based setups, maybe then we all use our practise time more wisely.

Also does someone know about refuelling with the fr3.5 2014 ? I seem to remember a problem with the older car.

And have a good new year everybody :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sean fr35 n4.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 250
...Tire wear pretty good even more towards rear after a small stint which is good for me lol last time I played rf2 I was usually at 60% on one of the front tires within 5 laps but that was older fr 3.5 to suppose.
What does everyone think of using parc ferme ? I'm not really bothered either way, but can see a point for it. If we used it we can concentrate on race pace and race based setups, maybe then we all use our practise time more wisely.

Also does someone know about refuelling with the fr3.5 2014 ? I seem to remember a problem with the older car.

And have a good new year everybody :thumbsup:

The 2014 F-Renault is more agressive to the reartires than the other cars in rf2 I have driven so far, which I think is because it uses a more current version of the tire-model (the Indy Car which is also quite new is similar). You get the heat into them very easy and brake traction much later than with the 2010 car for example.
The tires in general are much more forgiving in terms of lock-ups and also last long in this 2014 version.

Parc ferme makes sense in this car imo.
The only thing which would be important in this case though would be to not have stuff like the race beeing in much hotter conditions than q without a prior forecast and stuff, since the radiator is locked then. Otherwise we are all trashing our engines in the race :)

The refueling is again falsely activated in this 2014 like it was in the 2010 car.
I wrote a bug-report about that in the ISI forums a couple of months ago which got ignored.
It is still the case that you can assign the fuel-load in the garage and get that added to every pitstop you would make in that race. With no fuel-options in the pit-menu.

The "good" thing is: The pitstops take way too long, so it woudn't really make much sense to do that anyway :D

The maximum fuel should last for a 60minute race on every track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back