AC *S.GP only* Alfa Stradale @ Nords - Mon 20 Jul 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm just curious. That must be why I don't see the RaceDepartment community anymore on SIMRACING.GP. Do you know the reason why RD stopped with S.GP?
Ah that makes sense now. Was looking for an acc race for tomorrow night but there was only US servers. Is this permanent?
I only found out about it last night, so I know roughly as much as you guys. We can start a community for historic racing including leagues/series if we wish, but I'm honestly not sure if/when mods will be included on S.GP.

@Denis Betty The tiny cars on the tiny track would be a lot more fun than the alfa on goodwood I think... Especially with the 3x 15 minutes format. However I most likely will still be there for a race :D
I hadn't thought about it till now, but I guess we could do a 3 or 4 race short format on the RD server. We'd just need to skip quali for R3 or maybe just run a really short quali (say, long enough for one hot lap) for races 1 & 3. That could make a nice change occasionally?

@Denis Betty Yes that sounds good. Also because the car is fairly easy to drive maybe a full reverse grid for the second race? Instead of the usual reverse top 5 or top 10? Should make for a lot of fighting in the second race, which is always nice ofcourse?
Personally I like the idea of full reverse grid but I know others don't. I would like different formats for the weekly three AC races on RaceDepartment. So a 60 min race, one with two races with full reverse grid in the second race and one with two races with reverse grid for the top five.

Personally I like the idea of full reverse grid but I know others don't. I would like different formats for the weekly three AC races on RaceDepartment. So a 60 min race, one with two races with full reverse grid in the second race and one with two races with reverse grid for the top five.

Full reverse grid doesn't sound very friendly to new racers. If you're 5 + seconds off the pace, like i usually am midweek, having a stampede of 10 slidey cars trying to push past in the first 2 or 3 corners doesn't sound very appealing, or safe depending on the crowd and track. A reverse top 10 sounds good though, if there is 15+ cars on the grid. There is alot to be said for just being able to cruise at back and learn the track in a vintage motor, maybe even get in a battle with a fellow backmarker!

Just my 2 cents!

I agree Han, it may shock the aliens to see what we have to put up with every week. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back