DiRT Rally RX Difficulty

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Is it me or is there something up with the difficulty... I play the RX on Hard mode and I wipe the floor with them, but I play on Very Hard and I keep getting bashed about by them. I mean, they're actually quicker and they punish me if I make a mistake, which I like, but damn, when they seem to hit me they spin me, but if I hit them, it's like nothing happened.

It's like they're driving tanks!

The AI still has a long way to go. Even on very hard they do the silliest things. Like at Hell for example, whenever an AI car tries to take the joker, there's going to be a pile up if other AI cars are around. I don't know how they drive it in real life, but the AI almost touch the wall they go so wide for that first turn, then the one going for the joker is usually going flat out and won't slow down there.

The AI still has a long way to go. Even on very hard they do the silliest things. Like at Hell for example, whenever an AI car tries to take the joker, there's going to be a pile up if other AI cars are around. I don't know how they drive it in real life, but the AI almost touch the wall they go so wide for that first turn, then the one going for the joker is usually going flat out and won't slow down there.

That is exactly what is happening. Getting shunted into turn 1 at Hell...

The AI isn't that quick though on Very Hard. Once you get ahead of them, they just fall off completely, or that's just me. But I notice that they're quick enough going after them but once I get by them, they're a mile behind. They're really slow at lap times too. I really prefer PVP RX, especially when you get a decent group, it's exhilarating.

The AI isn't that quick though on Very Hard. Once you get ahead of them, they just fall off completely, or that's just me. But I notice that they're quick enough going after them but once I get by them, they're a mile behind. They're really slow at lap times too. I really prefer PVP RX, especially when you get a decent group, it's exhilarating.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to find PVP RX, I can't seem to find the option anywhere. I can do the daily challenges, but that's it...

What I dont understand with the AI in RX on career is how the AI that I race against had low 41 lap times in my group. While the rest of the AI in other groups are around 43-44sec laps...So when the AI I raced agains that had 41lap times then goes to a differant group/heat then he have 43-44sec laps he too...

I am new to the game actually and find the difference between difficulty hard to understand.

I am currently only in the 70's cars in career and have yet to even win a stage on rallies, got close but winning rallies is utterly impossible in my view currently, they always find a bunch of time as the stage goes on, no matter how you go and what happens, you startwith some advantage and it just ebbs away as you go along unless you can memorise the stage.

In rallycross on the same difficulty I turned up at Holjes won every heat, semi in final with ease!

What gives

I am new to the game actually and find the difference between difficulty hard to understand.

I am currently only in the 70's cars in career and have yet to even win a stage on rallies, got close but winning rallies is utterly impossible in my view currently, they always find a bunch of time as the stage goes on, no matter how you go and what happens, you startwith some advantage and it just ebbs away as you go along unless you can memorise the stage.

In rallycross on the same difficulty I turned up at Holjes won every heat, semi in final with ease!

What gives

Yeah, its all a bit strange. Even after the recent updates, there's still some room for improvement

What gives
Cause rallycross is way easier. The cars are easy to control, tracks are wide and so on. Well isnt it a good thing that ai beats you in rally ? I mean if you wipe the ai on rally after a few championships youl get bored. They should make masters ultra hard so to beat them you must get consistent top 100 world times or smth like that.

What I have noticed with the RX AI is when you're in front they hardly put up a fight but when they are in front they are impossible to catch.

At lydden Hill full track if the AI is front of me they are a second a lap faster...

spot on. i have more or less given up on that part of the game. no use spending time with ai when there is so much quality online racing outside of dirty tracks out there.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%