RX 560 4G is not able to run the automobilista.

Use a hardware monitor like GPU-z and log the CPU/GPU loading on your system. If your hardware is running at 100% then I would guess the vid card isn't strong enough to run AMS.

Did you upgrade from another video card before the rx560? It could be a drivers issue. Try Display Driver Uninstaller (search for DDU) and completely remove any old drivers then reinstall. Be sure to install/reinstall the visual C++ and directx drivers found in your "redist" folder in AMS.

When I installed the card drivers I did a clean install. I tested several drivers and the same result.
The use of the GPU in this 100% with fps of 20 to 30.
I read somewhere that AMD is not supporting directx 9.
I'm really disappointed!:(:(

Amd screwed up. Broke lots of dx9 games...
Here's a post from the reiza forums. Apparently there's a new test driver available from amd:
https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/amd-rx560-not-playable.3261/

And over at Tom's hardware you can read that you should try to download the amd driver version 17.11.4 to solve the issue.. You will probably lose performance in most games but at least AMS will work again.
Worth a try!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-adrenalin-issue-dx9-games,36203.html

I have a 560 4G on my second (and former) computer and never have a problem to run Automobilista then.
The question is : which resolution and kind of details do you want.
Most of of the graphic options take huge amount of resource and are useless in terms of driving pleasure and Automobilista is more the kind of GTR2 than PCars for graphic beauty.......

I have a 560 4G on my second (and former) computer and never have a problem to run Automobilista then.
The question is : which resolution and kind of details do you want.
Most of of the graphic options take huge amount of resource and are useless in terms of driving pleasure and Automobilista is more the kind of GTR2 than PCars for graphic beauty.......
You probably played it with a driver version older than or 17.11.4 I guess, before the amd update broke it.
Good to hear that the 560 is able to run it well though, if working!

I tried several versions of the amd driver and it did not work. I can do anything, download resolution, levels of graphics, quantity of cars, etc. It's only 30 fps. I've been in this pc games a long time and had not seen anything like this. AMS is a game based on another from over 10 years ago. Assetto Corsa, F1 2017, Street Fughter V run very well.
I'm sad because AMS is my favorite racing sim. Simple but effective.

I tried several versions of the amd driver and it did not work. I can do anything, download resolution, levels of graphics, quantity of cars, etc. It's only 30 fps. I've been in this pc games a long time and had not seen anything like this. AMS is a game based on another from over 10 years ago. Assetto Corsa, F1 2017, Street Fughter V run very well.

Are you sure that you tried such an old driver version as 17.11.4?
It's from 2017 so really pretty far in the past.

Maybe try again with uninstalling first via DDU in windows safe mode and then installing the old 17.11.1?

Here's a download link from Guru3D:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17-11-1-driver-download.html

If you can adjust anything and the FPS is pinned at 30, then I would suggest looking at a monitor refresh rate setting that is messed-up. Are you sure the frame rate limiter or a refresh rate is not accidentally set to 30? Otherwise, makes no sense at all, especially if other DX9 titles are working OK with the older AMD driver and you reinstalled the DX9 package that comes with AMS.

Yes I installed this version and others more via Guru3D.
I'm using 17.09.3 now.
Same thing. Ten cars setup minimum 10 to 15 FPS at the start and duranre the race 20 to 30 always locking. With a car it only gets at 60 constant FPS whether the graphics are minimum or maximum.
To note my processor is a phenom x6 1055 T.

upload_2019-5-21_12-11-9.png

Sorry for the small screen. I'm leaving at 60 Hz.

Yes I installed this version and others more via Guru3D.
I'm using 17.09.3 now.
Same thing. Ten cars setup minimum 10 to 15 FPS at the start and duranre the race 20 to 30 always locking. With a car it only gets at 60 constant FPS whether the graphics are minimum or maximum.
To note my processor is a phenom x6 1055 T.
Then I sadly have no further clue :( sorry!

I could play automobilista at full detail in 1080p with 4xAA with a phenom 1055T, and a gtx550! a bad card, so your card can do it, I had some problems with the game anyways as I had t disable time scale because it causes sttutering.
Disable vsync, reinstall automobilista, delete folders that automobilista creates manually, delete AMD shader caché, try windowed borderless. Maybe some of this can help.

I'm running an R9 fury with driver 18.5.1 and have everything turned up to max. My monitor is 3440 x 1440 with a refresh rate of 75fps......it's completely maxxed. I'm also running an older OC 2600K at 4.6. Not just with AMS , but with basically any game or sim I can run some pretty high detail in everything. In AMS it barely breaks a sweat. AC + Sol with everything turned up can kind of tax it ( especially around pit lane ) but other than that , pretty smooth. Usually poor performance comes from having something turned on or off that isn't supposed to be. That and check for programs running in the back ground.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%