RWD vs FWD (RDRC Test 1) @ All Countries - 5th - 7th February 2016

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium

The first test for RaceDepartment Rally Championship is here! We want to see how the FWD and RWD cars is against eachother, so we would like to see people choosing a variety of cars, all from the Mini Cooper and up the Gr.B RWD's. But we won't force people to drive things they do not like. (Unless you only like 4WD:sneaky:)

This is a rally for all members of RaceDepartment, premium or not. So just sign up, tag your friends or enemies, not to mention the fremenies to see who can drive the fastest, and not run off at the same time.

League Name (must be a member to be able to participate):
RaceDepartment
Cars: All FWD and RWD cars
Itinerary:

SS01: Greece - Abies Koilada - Morning - Sunny

SS02: Germany - Verbundsring - Morning - Sunny
SS03: Finland - Naarajarvi - Midday - Sunny
SS04: Monte Carlo - Route the Turini Montee - Midday - Sunny
SS05: Wales - Pant Mawr Reverse - Midday - Cloudy
SS06: Sweden - Ôstra Hinnsjôn - Midday - Sunny

Session Open: From 00:01 GMT 5th of February to 23:59 GMT 7th of February
Re-Runs: No!
Event Restart: No!
Owned Vehicles: No!
Career Engineers: No!
Service: Between Every Stage!

Car Setups: No!
Checkpoints: At Every Stage

Will most likely show up in the Kadett but will wait and see if anyone else also writes what cars they are picking (am a bit of a sucker for the Mini and the Kadett which Ole will know by now :p ).

Looking forward to my first online run in Dirt :)

Mini for me.. don't like 2wd:thumbsdown: anyway Jonatan lets do this in a 1960 "beast wagon".
Will see if that little critter can get enough speed to jump/lift off/take off :cautious:

With H-shift and clutch?

Last edited:
So I drove the event in the Kadett and had a pretty nice time.

The brakes being set too far forward and a tad bit too low gearratios was the only real complaints I've to offer up :)
A lot of handbrake turning in many of the stages... been driving far too much Golf 1... :p

Had an off into the trees in Finland after miss hearing a note, heard keep left over crest when it was straight...

Equalled the 037 RWD on the 1st two stages so looks like those are fairly close at least :)

Just completed the event in the Seat Ibiza.
Found the car fun to drive but had my now usual Racedepartment slip ups, spun on the Route the Turini, then had a jump start on Pant Mawr stage (first ever in game) which led to a roll due to mind being on the roll not notes :(
First time out proper in the Ibiza, found the default set-up good to drive, will definitely use the car again :thumbsup:

I'm in. No idea what I'll drive tho LOL. I've still barely scratched the surface of this game.
I'm going to try "un-linking" the paddles and shifter on my Thrustmaster RGT, and assign the handbrake to the shift knob while keeping shifting on the paddles. .. right no handbrake is on the "analog" paddle on my wheel (the RGT has both a clicky paddle and a smooth paddle on the wheel)
the only thing there is the shifter will be either on-or-off, no "feel" as with the smooth paddle on the wheel. Worth trying tho.
Hopefully I actually make it thru all the stages this week LOL

I have run the stages already. I so love that Lancia 37. That thing is murder on those icy stages... ( i do believe I am not one of the more fast persons here but i like driving the thing! )

Last edited:
Was going well until my co-driver cocked up. Calls a right 4, so I throw it in like a right 4 and then he says "crest". By then it was too late, smashed into a tree and then in Sweden I got stuck on top of a soft snow bank... Yeah.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%