Resource icon

Skins Russell-Alexis MK14 HIGH RES Skinpack 2018-12-24

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ryno917 submitted a new resource:

Russell-Alexis MK14 HIGH RES Skinpack - Full-res skinpack for Stero's Russel-Alexis Formula Ford

Full res replacement skinpack for Russell-Alexis MK14 Formula Ford mod by @Stereo

Original mod has 1024x2048 res, this pack is 2048x4096. Skins with darker windscreens have also had them made more transparent.

To install drop right over top of the mod, replaces all skinfiles.

Original mod:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-ford-russell-alexis-mk-14.24419/

Read more about this resource...

I really like these skins (as well as the car)... :thumbsup:
Something is bothering me though: I use CM and when I update preview pics (to match others), all cars have light grey/white wheels, while in the original previews (and on track) there are many different colors (gold yellow/blue/black etc...)
Any idea what causes this ? All of my other cars are not affected.
I do see that the rim color is related to a tiny 16x16 DDS file, whereas other cars have much larger DDS files showing a rim icon. Maybe that's the reason ? But then again: you managed to get the right rim colrs in the preview pics...baffled...:unsure:

The extra shader is not compatible with CM showroom, you need to use AC's included preview generator. I did ask x4fab about having it do a better job guessing which built in shader matches it but he's busy.

I really like these skins (as well as the car)... :thumbsup:
Something is bothering me though: I use CM and when I update preview pics (to match others), all cars have light grey/white wheels, while in the original previews (and on track) there are many different colors (gold yellow/blue/black etc...)
Any idea what causes this ? All of my other cars are not affected.
I do see that the rim color is related to a tiny 16x16 DDS file, whereas other cars have much larger DDS files showing a rim icon. Maybe that's the reason ? But then again: you managed to get the right rim colrs in the preview pics...baffled...:unsure:

The extra shader is not compatible with CM showroom, you need to use AC's included preview generator. I did ask x4fab about having it do a better job guessing which built in shader matches it but he's busy.

Yep, as Stereo mentioned the custom shaders are not properly supported in CM. I also asked Ilja about this and he said he does plan to add support into CM, but he wanted to finish WeatherFX first.

Hopefully it's still on his radar, I use CM for all of my other previews as well and greatly prefer it (and it's additional options) over the Kunos preview generator :)

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back