Runtime errors

Just before the 1.0 release i did a full clean Win 7 64 bit installation. Win 7 is completely up to date incl all Vredist drivers.
I de installed all previous AMS versions and removed all folders. Did a Ccleaner run afterwards and installed a fresh AMS 1.0
Hardware: I7 4790K with 16 GB ram with a GTX 980ti. AMS installed on a SSD.
Whatever car, track or combination i choose sooner or later i get a runtime error.

You have almost the same tread just below, with the answer. Not matter how good your machine and your system are, AMS is only a 32 bits app and will only use 3 Go of ram. With the game's models being more and more detailed, we are reaching the limit. Only way to reduce the load is to reduce the number of cars and/or some settings unfortunately...
Huh...sorry but i haven't had a single runtime error during the whole beta releases. Now i have gone from 0.988 to 1.0 and suddenly 32 bits is a problem?

Well, like as wrote, you're not the only one reporting runtime error since v1. And as far as I know, that means not enough memory; with your specs, it can't come from your machine… So yes, it is strange to have this appearing now but cars and tracks are more and more detailed; that means a bigger load and we might touch the upper limit now.
I think Reiza is aware that this is happening, they have several people reporting it. But not sure what the plan is here; they already stated that doing a 64 bits AMS is out of the scope...

Huh...sorry but i haven't had a single runtime error during the whole beta releases. Now i have gone from 0.988 to 1.0 and suddenly 32 bits is a problem?

32 bits is indeed a problem if you run with a very large grid or mods that have ultra high-poly carmodels, which can take lots of RAM. When running something like 20 opponents and using the standard game content you sould be safe from the 3 GB limit.

32 bits is indeed a problem if you run with a very large grid or mods that have ultra high-poly carmodels, which can take lots of RAM. When running something like 20 opponents and using the standard game content you sould be safe from the 3 GB limit.
Indeed, when tuning down the amount of AI drivers i receive no error during the start of the game. Strange as i really thought i ran 30 pack cars in the beta but probably im wrong.

What combinations exactly are you running?
Just did a test, no matter which car or track, as soon as i set a full pack of 33 AI cars the game quits with a runtime error. I tried the +trace=3 option in a shortcurt but the RaceCastTrace racelog is empty.
Havent time to investigate and test further but so far reducing the amount of cars solves the Runtime error so i can actually start a race. I'll keep u posted

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back