RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Running triple screens with dissimilar monitors

A while back I tried to set up my sim rig with triple screens to see how it would go. At the time I borrowed a couple of Benq 24 inch 2560x1440 QHD resolution monitors to add to the one I used for my desktop, and used that to try, and it was OK , but a bit underwhelming for me. I had just bought an LG 32 inch superwide curved screen, which for flight sims was great, but I also tried using that as the central monitor, and the Benq ones for the sides. The super wide monitor resolution is 2560 x 1080.

As you probably know, dissimilar are not properly supported, at least by the Nvidia 1070 card I was (still am) using. Essentially, either you squeeze the view of the side monitors or you compress the central monitor, as it would not allow different resolutions, only 3 identical ones.

I gave up on it as it gave me no benefit, and left it at that.

However I would still like to be able to use the large central monitor with a couple of 1980 x 1080 23 in monitors at the sides, so would like to know if there is any way to make the system accommodate this so that I could have the screens running without distortion

Cheers

Les

Can this be done with Amd Radeon?

I'm in need of a new pc and if an amd card can do this, that might be a big factor in picking the gpu.

Last edited:
I know I saw something like that done previously in PCars 2, which had possibly the most comprehensive multi monitor setup options, so perhaps it could be possible in AMS2 as well. But I have no details on that.

I see a flickering light at the end of the tunnel - just hope the tunnel isn't on fire.

So maybe AMS 2, which i will say i was looking at anyway, although i wasn't contemplating a GPU change. Not that i have anything against goint to the competition, i had a 4870 back in the day, and latterly a twin 7700 setup before going to a 1070 last upgrade.

If the AMD card supports it, I would happily trade the last bit of GPU power for it

Les

Nvidia surround assume the same resolution for all monitors to work otherwise it distorts the image.
AMD Eyefinity I think can use different aspect ratios but they must have the same vertical resolution. So if you had a 1080p ultrawide and two 1080p 16:9 monitors I think it works. The current version is trickier to setup than Nvidia Surround however and seems overly simplistic / frustrating to use.

The only way I know of mixing completely different screens is to use open source software http://www.softth.net/, mileage may vary though. I've not used this myself, but might be worth a try.

Thanks for this link - the fact of the matter is that it appears to be a free solution, so on that basis I will give it a go, after all what can I lose?

Cheers

Les

I hear that Automobilista 2 has the ability in game to assign different resolutions to different monitors - is that true? If so, is it the only one, so maybe I'm missing a trick?

Les

Maybe, I've never had more than 1 screen but I seen somthing about different resolutions on screens for project cars and as ams2 is also on madness then maybe it's the same?