Running rain with online server not working

Trying to run an online server with rain. example if I pick heavy rain or thunderstorm it will show the bad weather and thunder and lightning but no rain. I have most recent Sol and shader pack preview installed with rain mod checked. it will rain if I do an offline race. I looked at the server log and it shows the weather conditions but not loading rain effects. Do I need to add something somewhere on the server folders to get rain? I figured if you had the mod installed it would run since its just a script. Thank you!

Enter

"For testing, rain is active with intensity N%."

without the apostrophs to the welcome.txt where N is the amount of rain.
welcome.PNG

Check your files please. :)

The welcome message gets saved as "cm_welcome.txt" but within the "server_cfg.ini" the welcome messages points to smtg like "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt".

So either change "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt" to ""WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/cm_welcome.txt" or rename the "cm_welcome.txt" to the filed named in "server_cfg.ini".

I know its a lill tricky but RainFX is still in betastage and not even meant to be used online. This is just a workaround to force rain online until the final solution is found. :)

Check your files please. :)

The welcome message gets saved as "cm_welcome.txt" but within the "server_cfg.ini" the welcome messages points to smtg like "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt".

So either change "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt" to ""WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/cm_welcome.txt" or rename the "cm_welcome.txt" to the filed named in "server_cfg.ini".

I know its a lill tricky but RainFX is still in betastage and not even meant to be used online. This is just a workaround to force rain online until the final solution is found. :)
Well I tried everything you suggested but still won't work.. not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's just not possible anymore? Thank you for helping.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%