Running rain with online server not working

Trying to run an online server with rain. example if I pick heavy rain or thunderstorm it will show the bad weather and thunder and lightning but no rain. I have most recent Sol and shader pack preview installed with rain mod checked. it will rain if I do an offline race. I looked at the server log and it shows the weather conditions but not loading rain effects. Do I need to add something somewhere on the server folders to get rain? I figured if you had the mod installed it would run since its just a script. Thank you!

Enter

"For testing, rain is active with intensity N%."

without the apostrophs to the welcome.txt where N is the amount of rain.
welcome.PNG

Check your files please. :)

The welcome message gets saved as "cm_welcome.txt" but within the "server_cfg.ini" the welcome messages points to smtg like "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt".

So either change "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt" to ""WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/cm_welcome.txt" or rename the "cm_welcome.txt" to the filed named in "server_cfg.ini".

I know its a lill tricky but RainFX is still in betastage and not even meant to be used online. This is just a workaround to force rain online until the final solution is found. :)

Check your files please. :)

The welcome message gets saved as "cm_welcome.txt" but within the "server_cfg.ini" the welcome messages points to smtg like "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt".

So either change "WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/welcome.txt" to ""WELCOME_MESSAGE=cfg/cm_welcome.txt" or rename the "cm_welcome.txt" to the filed named in "server_cfg.ini".

I know its a lill tricky but RainFX is still in betastage and not even meant to be used online. This is just a workaround to force rain online until the final solution is found. :)
Well I tried everything you suggested but still won't work.. not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's just not possible anymore? Thank you for helping.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%