Running rain with online server not working

Trying to run an online server with rain. example if I pick heavy rain or thunderstorm it will show the bad weather and thunder and lightning but no rain. I have most recent Sol and shader pack preview installed with rain mod checked. it will rain if I do an offline race. I looked at the server log and it shows the weather conditions but not loading rain effects. Do I need to add something somewhere on the server folders to get rain? I figured if you had the mod installed it would run since its just a script. Thank you!

I know this is an older thread but you guys are the greatest! I just followed everyone's helpful advice and now it's raining on my server. I was pulling my hair out and it was actually so simple. Thank you all so much! It is truly appreciated. This is a game changer.

Last edited:
does making it rain in your online server also make it rain for others who join? what if they only have a public version of CSP? i assume it will not appear like it is raining for them? no wetness, no puddles, rain drops etc?

Hello
Make it worked for rain and using rain tires too on local race but icant figure it out to make it work on my online dedicated server. Rain tyres are not available when online.
Did allow to use path car's data to activate extended physics

any clue

Hi Guys! I reinstalled my assetto corsa this weekend and Rain stopped working on my local server and I don't know why.
I have CSP preview installed, my server is requiring CSP 1.79+, it has rain enabled with [RAIN_PREVIEW]...
Rain works offline, but not online. Anyone know what may cause this?

Hey Pfalzdriver,

how to get the physics for rain working now?
Thanks for the help to get it rain but the physics do not seem right (yes I have the rainphysics active and working for my singleplayer).
In my limited experience, it doesnt work well online because it's impossible for the wet tyres portion of the mod to take effect online. So I active rain with extended track physics, but not extended car physics. This causes the track to drop temperature in wet conditions, while still being able to drive with slick tyres. So there's a small impact (cooler tyres) in rainy conditions, but nothing major.

This is the best I could manage. Dunno what people actually use out there.

Rain (car) physics online dont work (in my personal opinion) not very well. Ive never really tested it elaborately, but I guess online physics will be used which reflects the offline physics "real" in Sol Planner.
And this "real" setting makes every race car (using slick tires) undrivevable even with the slightest amount of water. Can it be adjusted? Not to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Since I installed CSP 2.2Preview, I haven't been able to get rain to work. I followed the same steps as before by adding the following line in the welcome message and changing the path to cm_welcome.txt

For testing, rain is active with intensity 80%.

This did not work and I also added the extra options for Rain FX

[RAIN_PREVIEW]
INTENSITY=0.8
REQUIRED=1
WITH_PHYSICS=1

However, this did not work.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.