Running out of money on a server

Is there a way to get back the money on a server so you can join it?
No matter how cautious I was trying to be I've been crashed several times on a server until I ran out of money. AT public servers are full of poor drivers.
I can't believe because of some kamikaze drivers you will not be able to join that server ever again.

C'mon guys, its about that plugin 'kissmyrank' I think, that some servers have it installed, that simulates the real life by having a budget at the beginning, and for every crash and infraction that you do, you will pay from that money. When having no money left you won't be able to join that server. Practically banned...

I read somehwere else on the net, its a really silly plugin to have as many correct drivers have to suffer from other crazy drivers.

C'mon guys, its about that plugin 'kissmyrank' I think, that some servers have it installed, that simulates the real life by having a budget at the beginning, and for every crash and infraction that you do, you will pay from that money. When having no money left you won't be able to join that server. Practically banned...

I read somehwere else on the net, its a really silly plugin to have as many correct drivers have to suffer from other crazy drivers.
I can confirm what you say.
A friend of mine get banned because he had been crashed during the start of a race and had lost all his "credits". Now, he isn't able to join this server.

Me having 30k coins or whatever it is I cannot join certain servers due to "no sponsor is willing to pay you to race" and all is due to some crazy guys crashing in me and loosing money

We really need a better alternative to replace Minorating!

I was thinking the other day (after browsing the leagues thread on the official forum) that RD should let premium members advertise and view available leagues here on RD. I would possibly buy RD premium for access to a large list of leagues and events but certainly wouldn't for the 1 or 2 (normally GT3/4) races they hold a week. I think MP is the main area RD could improve. Sadly there rarely even seems to be discussion about MP here on RD.

Yeah I would join premium if some servers were 24/7 available with 2 or 3 Races going all day long such as 10 min qualy and 10 min race over and over. I can't stick to schedules of leagues

We really need a better alternative to replace Minorating!

I was thinking the other day (after browsing the leagues thread on the official forum) that RD should let premium members advertise and view available leagues here on RD. I would possibly buy RD premium for access to a large list of leagues and events but certainly wouldn't for the 1 or 2 (normally GT3/4) races they hold a week. I think MP is the main area RD could improve. Sadly there rarely even seems to be discussion about MP here on RD.

Not a bad idea, but probably lots of reasons that wouldn't work. For one, if they did that, then everyone would expect the leagues to be of high quality since they are paying money to access them. But they would be run by any yahoo what wants to create a thread, so a lot of them would probably be an unorganized mess, which would result in a flood of complaints to RD staff about the poor quality of the leagues they're paying good money to access. You know how sim racers are, always looking for a reason to complain, especially if they feel like they're out a few dollary-doos.

Not a bad idea, but probably lots of reasons that wouldn't work. For one, if they did that, then everyone would expect the leagues to be of high quality since they are paying money to access them. But they would be run by any yahoo what wants to create a thread, so a lot of them would probably be an unorganized mess, which would result in a flood of complaints to RD staff about the poor quality of the leagues they're paying good money to access. You know how sim racers are, always looking for a reason to complain, especially if they feel like they're out a few dollary-doos.
Yeah there could be some issues, I personally could stretch to blaming RD for someones server but a definite issue could be lack of people with premium and as such not many leagues to choose from and if you can only view them after purchasing premium there could be scope for some complaints there.
The official forum isn't great for leagues IMO as they have to vet each post so there are rarely any comments and it is difficult to guage what might be popular or have competitive drivers (where you might recognise some names if there were comments.)

Imagine having something built into RD that works with say the CM invite thingy where you could also organise a one off event and have a list with info on the server settings, content and a countdown clock to the event... maybe even registering for the event from RD or at least being able to join via a CM server invite.

Imagine having something built into RD that works with say the CM invite thingy where you could also organise a one off event and have a list with info on the server settings, content and a countdown clock to the event... maybe even registering for the event from RD or at least being able to join via a CM server invite.

It is a bit puzzling that these kinds of things aren't being built-in to games by now. GT6 on PS3 had great options for the online system, you could create clubs with posted events that were easy to access and keep track of and send messages through, all kinds of options for setting up the tracks and cars, you could ban tuning with one click, multiple ways of lining up the grid (fastest first, reverse grid, etc.).

I realize that was on a console and it's apples to oranges, but it's 2019 and I can strap a box to my face that makes me feel like I'm inside the gaming world, I wouldn't think more robust hosting options for multiplayer would be too much to ask. But I also have no idea what's involved with these things and I'm talking out of my ass, I'm sure there's reasons that you or I couldn't imagine that explain why this is easier said than done.

There's always SRS. :) (and Discord)

SRS is definitely proof that it doesn't take a dev team to make good things happen. It also proves that people are willing to join with mod content also. The main issue with it for me is the lack of races, I'm used to community/pub servers where you can join and race for an evening where with SRS there might be one 20min race in a car I can tolerate during an evening. That and the fact it is all single make races. Still it is the best we have seen along with Minorating but according to my profile I've only done 10 races there where back in the day I could have had 10 races in an evening 3 or 4 nights a week :p

Plenty of servers have a site name embedded - maybe you can contact the admins that way. But above all else, if you got crashed by idiots so many times that your credit entirely ran out (this has never ever happened to me on a KMR server), why on earth would you even consider going back to that server?

I still have never gotten around to trying SRS but my guess is that a heck of a lot of programming effort went into it, regardless of whether that came from a team or a single person. I believe we have some stuff in the pipeline ourselves, but it's not ready for any kind of airing yet.

Start a thread Andy, I'm all ears.
I think I've done my fair share of that both here and on the official forum. There just doesn't seem to be much MP discussion on either site. Lots of graphics discussion and on the official forum mostly discussion about other racing games. I would love to see much more talk and planning for multiplayer in general but most people just want to click join on a 23 car server and no more :O_o:

There is an initiative to build numbers of online players at RD in the pipeline, as @Neilski said. It's just a tad disapointing to see somebody asking for more discussion about it but ruling themselves out. But yeh, numbers are badly down on where they were a couple of years ago. TBF though, so are the numbers of volunteer staff. :(

Plenty of servers have a site name embedded - maybe you can contact the admins that way. But above all else, if you got crashed by idiots so many times that your credit entirely ran out (this has never ever happened to me on a KMR server), why on earth would you even consider going back to that server?

Well, almost ALL public servers have some idiot drivers (running at the back usually). I'm a long time rfactor racer, I just got into AC and haven't quite get the grips with it in terms of speed. Without a good lap I ended up often in the second half of the grid and becoming 'pray' to the kamikaze drivers, though I drove carefully as much as I could (as I always do). I was new to the 2 servers I lost money to join, so I had the 20.000 rs by default. With a few heavy crashes (some by couldn't avoiding standing cars in freaking Eau Rouge) in a couple of races I lost all my money.
On other servers I was more lucky being able to gather more money from first races (like >30.000), not being in danger to lose those money with crashes.

But now I've made another account (joining with family sharing - or how its called- from the 1st account) and started from the 0 with everything. I gained some more pace and with some extra cautiousness I've managed to gain enough money on the servers I play to be out of danger of 'bankruptcy'.

For now I play on public servers because that suits me better to my schedule, as I can join any time I want to have a race.

Still I don't think this plugin is a great idea, as it can take by surprise new players not knowing the consequences (I had not idea about the money stuff in my first races) and not being able to avoid losing money due to other players.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%