F1 2011 Running out of fuel on the last lap of a 50% race

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I was sure I was running most of the race on mixed (2)

That doesn't guarantee you won't run out of fuel. If you shift late, if your gears are set a little bit too short so you hit the limiter, if you have a lot of wheelspin while accelerating; all these things can increase your fuel consumption and require you to use the lean mixture or shift up earlier to make it to the end of the race.

I wonder how hard it would be to have an actual fuel gauge. I ran out of fuel on the last lap at monaco, 3 laps to go it said I had +1 lap in standard fuel setting. My tires were going though and I was spinning a lot, but trying to take another position so not letting off. I went from +1 lap on lap 37, to optimal on 38, to -1 on 39 and half way through lap 39 my engine cut out.

Indeed I had my car geared lower, but starting around lap 6 I was trying to stay out of the limiter, early shifting every where to save gas and tires.

A better indicator would be better I think

I've yet to run out of fuel. I usually start with either standard mix or rich, and switch it up for the middle stretch with lean. Then I'll finish off with rich mix again toward the end of the race. Usually I'm sitting at +3 laps and I can get 12-15 laps of rich mix to work for finishing the race as fast as possible.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back