Running G-Sync (when you have modded Reiza content)

Hi
I'd like to get a little advice re G-Syncing for the 1.27 update.

My GSC Extreme is heavily modded including having rFactor menu, and modded Reiza content: skinned Minis, skinned (and re-classed) Camaros, skinned Formula Classics.

What should I do before running G-Sync?

I figure I should backup the folders for the rFactor menu, the Minis, the Camaros and Formula Classics (as the G-Sync will overwrite this content). Then after running G-Sync I should copy the backed up folders back in.

That'll work fine, more or less, I'm sure. But won't I miss out on some of the 1.27 updates, like the physics/tyre updates relevant to the Minis, the Camaros and Formula Classics? Or are physics / tyre updates installed somewhere else?

I hope I've managed to explain this properly. Any advice would be very welcome.

I should add you can't access the Reiza cars physics and tyre files.
Thanks a lot for your reply. That's what I needed to know.

In fact, I don't want to access the Reiza cars physics and tyre files. I want to know which files will be updated by 1.27 so that I don't overwrite them when I copy back in the back ups I make of my re-skinned / re-classed original Reiza content before G-Syncing to get 1.27.

Sorry that above sentence is hard to follow.

I think they would be in a packaged file along with many other aspects of the car. I would say its a lot of hassle even if it is doable. Reiza quite rightly don't allow easy access to their physics secrets etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%