RunAff?

Does anyone know where I can download RunAff tool for gtr2? All the other tools(Bill2 processor manager) have not made much difference so I'm really disappointed as the FPS is still low. I came back to gtr2 as I'd like to run the SPA with 60 cars on it as I can't do it with ACC offline.

hq patch files are loose files only stored where you extract the archives (by example d:\gtr2hq) so if you delete d:\gtr2hq then all hq files are deleted definitely from your drive. So now if you have an issue with new clean gtr2 install then it cannot be related anymore with hq files.
Try to open recent installed programs page and to check if a third party program has been installed after gtr2 ???

Nothing there, the only thing I used and installed are:

Original GTR2 disc
European patch v1.1
Nocd v1.1
4GB patch
Bill2's Process Manager

with this setup I've been able to play the game with 23 cars and almost everything set to high/full.

When I started to struggle, I also installed Processo Lasso and Process Hacker, but I uninstalled both of them and I left Bill2's with a rule linked to the game exe. I remember clearly the FPS boost after the first Bill2 launch. Now any software seems able to produce that result. I repeat, enabling or disabling any of the features inside the software(s) don't change the FPS at all.

I'm pretty sure to have cleaned any trace of my previous activities, registry etc but still no luck :cry:

Which OS are you using ? .... if Win10, are you sure you didn't get an update in the meantime ?
It seems your problem is not GTR2 bound but something else changed and should be the real problem.

If GTR2 worked before ... without HQ Patch ... now there's nothing left from this one in your install there's no reason why it shouldn't work now the way it ran before on this same integrated graphics

Which OS are you using ? .... if Win10, are you sure you didn't get an update in the meantime ?
It seems your problem is not GTR2 bound but something else changed and should be the real problem.

If GTR2 worked before ... without HQ Patch ... now there's nothing left from this one in your install there's no reason why it shouldn't work now the way it ran before on this same integrated graphics
Oh my God it's true! I'm on W10 and the system got some updates. I have to give it a try, thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know

Not a single change of behavior. I uninstalled the updates but it's still the same.

While on track, the ESC button causes a FPS drop, so the game goes from 55 to at 48 FPS while in pause with the menu overlay. the HUD sucks other 10 fps, and the general frame rate stutters and fluctuates. no signs of improvement by Bill2.

I'm thinking about recording a video if the PC can handle it. (edit: no I can't)

Last edited:
While you play, open process manager and look at tasks with high cpu load : I recall last year my friend @Bjarne Hansen had a gpu mining virus (bitcoin mining was only enabled during directX games) so try kaspersky virus removal tool or malwarebytes to scan disk.

Another possibility : @Jempy said that your gpu fried...but are you sure about that ? I mean it could be the motherboard ?

Last edited:
While you play, open process manager and look at tasks with high cpu load : I recall last year my friend @Bjarne Hansen had a gpu mining virus so try kaspersky virus removal tool or malwarebytes to scan disk.

Another possibility : @Jempy said that your gpu fried...but are you sure about that ? I mean it could be the motherboard ?

When I Alt-Tab the system with gtr2 executed, the performances are fine and not under stress (CPU at 23% or so, Ram 2.7, so no signs of stress.

im pretty sure that my GPU blown because it suddenly shown green dots all over the screen at 640x480, it's a clear sign of death..

gonna try Kaspersky too though

Hey it's me again :)

It looks that the problem I'm facing could be related to some visual C++ package.

I did a factory reset/clean installation of W10 on this machine, so I had the opportunity to start literally everything from scrath.

After the usual downloading of the most common softwares/drivers, I decided to try and install a clean v1.1 GTR2 version. So I followed these steps (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-install-gtr2-and-png3-in-2019.173928/) and magically everything worked perfectly, the game was running at 73-75 fps with 23 cars and almost everything set to high/full, except for highlights, reflections and shadows.

Since I need some recent C++ package to open certain applications, I decided to download and install this package (https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/) which basically contains all the Visual C++ packages, so I thought "wonderful, so I can run all the applications that could need a specific C++ package, games etc).

Well, guess what? GTR2 now runs at 55FPS, 60/61 without the on-screen HUD, and all the same behaviors I described in my previous posts.

Does anybody know if there is some bad relationship/incompatibility between GTR2 and some modern C++ package?
Is there a kind of workaround for this?

in general these all-in-1 drivers are not a good idea, and you have just proven it.
All the good and required microsoft drivers* are included in HQ Anniversary Patch : GTR2_SETUP will check them on your pc and will install them automatically if they are not present.
(*) microsoft directX, VCredist2010 and VCredist2015-2019.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back