RunAff?

Does anyone know where I can download RunAff tool for gtr2? All the other tools(Bill2 processor manager) have not made much difference so I'm really disappointed as the FPS is still low. I came back to gtr2 as I'd like to run the SPA with 60 cars on it as I can't do it with ACC offline.

Crew Chief with GTR2 has a process manager ... why not try it ?
You'll get a good result with it but I don't know if it is better than Bill2's Process Manager .... I use both ( Steam version with 10th Anniversary Patch with Crew Chief and GTR2 original version without it ) ... and I get good results with both of them seeing no great differences.

This helps to get better results but it's of course always relying on your PC components CPU and GPU.
If PC specs are low ... it will help but will not do miracles.

Crew Chief with GTR2 has a process manager ... why not try it ?
You'll get a good result with it but I don't know if it is better than Bill2's Process Manager .... I use both ( Steam version with 10th Anniversary Patch with Crew Chief and GTR2 original version without it ) ... and I get good results with both of them seeing no great differences.

This helps to get better results but it's of course always relying on your PC components CPU and GPU.
If PC specs are low ... it will help but will not do miracles.
I'm trying to run it on my laptop, ryzen 5 3550h, gtx1650

I found the problem. The low fps was being caused by the headlights. I turned them down and fps was awesome. I wonder why
Headlights in gtr2 can be labor intensive for gtr2 32 bit program.
The more cars the more your cpu have to work. Besides every other calculation gtr2 needs to make.

Gtr2 will never use the full potential of 64 bit/multi core.

So it runs best on a cpu with a high single core clock speed

Last week I decided to install GTR2 cause my GPU decided to die in the worst historic period, so I had to roll back to my integrated graphic card. :cry:

So I installed GTR2 (original v1.1, no 10th Y.A.P.), and Bill2's Process Manager was capable to let me play at 75FPS and almost no input lag. It helped me a lot to reach a stable and fluid framerate, everything was working fine and the PC (MoBo Asrock h61m-gs, i5-3330, 16GB Corsair 1600, Samsung 870 EVO SSD) was running smoothly when playing it.

I decided to install the 10th Y.A.P., so after a bit of struggling with the MoTec activation, now I'm facing another issue.

I simply can't see any benefit when switching from 1 core to multicore on Bill2's, the FPS in GTR don't change at all.

I used to see 75fps, now i'm stuck at 45. I also tried with Process Lasso, RunAff, but it looks that every software is acting the same, they all show that the affinity/priority has been switched, but GT2's FPS remain exactly the same.

The funny thing is that I tried to re-install the original GTR2 v1.1 again, but now the framerate is low like the one shown with the 10th Y.A.P.!

What to do in those cases?

Thanks for any help

While a usual GTR2 might be running fine on an integrated graphic card, it was nearly obvious that a HD version was a real risk of not being effective.
Running Process managers already might improve the usual GTR2 .... so of course the result had to be lower with HD stuff.

Now why reinstalling the usual GTR2 doesn't work as it was before ... is another strange problem.
Did you try to let GTR2 create a fully new Userdata folder with fully new files ?

While a usual GTR2 might be running fine on an integrated graphic card, it was nearly obvious that a HD version was a real risk of not being effective.
Running Process managers already might improve the usual GTR2 .... so of course the result had to be lower with HD stuff.

Now why reinstalling the usual GTR2 doesn't work as it was before ... is another strange problem.
Did you try to let GTR2 create a fully new Userdata folder with fully new files ?
Thanks for your reply! I know that I've risked a bit, but I had to give it a try at least :) thing is...I don't understand if the low FPS are caused by the HD conversion or by something else, since the rollback don't change the FPS behavior anymore.

Of course I delete the whole GTR2 folder (installed in C:\GTR2) after the software uninstall, I never find any gtr folders in "my documents", and I even run CCleaner to delete registry and other traces before reinstalling everything again.

Last edited:
Surely @GTR233 will have a better solution to propose. ;)
He'll be more useful than I am as he knows more about things like that as .... this GTR2 HD is his "baby" :thumbsup:

NB: indeed a bad moment for a GPU to fail. :(

Oh well, GTR233 already helped me with the missing MoTec, so I know what you're talking about!

I used to play assetto corsa with my gtx760 2GB, it was old and I've always thought to replace it one day or another.

I've been too late XD

You could try lowering the shadows and opponent headlights to medium. Also, you could try googling and using DXVK, on some hardware it boost GTR2's performance a bit, but on CD version you will have hangs on game shutdown. For Steam, hang is fixed.

You could try lowering the shadows and opponent headlights to medium. Also, you could try googling and using DXVK, on some hardware it boost GTR2's performance a bit, but on CD version you will have hangs on game shutdown. For Steam, hang is fixed.
Thanks, I tried but it didn't worked here.

Another funny fact is that the FPS benefit from "FULL" to "LOW" graphic preset is 3 FPS only (41 FPS at FULL, 44FPS at LOW) so I think that it's related to some other thing. Shadows and headlights have always been set to medium, I tried to lower them even more, but as already said there's almost no benefit to the detriment of the overall looking graphic.

Just for a personal double-check, I tried to install and run rFactor 1 on the same machine, and it reaches over 70 FPS.

what the :O_o:

This is interesting, how big is the grid?

Did you try multiple tracks? I noticed there's somehthing in GTR2 that causes performance to drop no matter what hardware you have, it is something related to AIWs and collisions. But that will be track specific.

Here you can compare LOW vs HIGH FPS performance. Saleen S7 HD 2004, HD Imola.

As you can see in the screenshots, it was a practice session set to "no private", so there were 3/4 AI cars in addition to mine.

Performance is the same on every track / car combination. No mods installed.

Attachments

• basso.jpg
    basso.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 36
  • PIENO.jpg
    PIENO.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
What is your graphic card ?
do you have a laptop or desktop pc ?
on laptop you must go at your video driver setup to force the use of dedicated graphic card for gtr2.exe otherwise it will use integrated graphics which give lower fps.

I did not make screenshots but here are my fps :
full 45fps
high 60fps
med 80fps
low 120fps
I do not use crewchief so I use bitsum process to enable all cpu cores for gtr2.exe
If you use crewchief then all cpu cores will be enabled by default.
I do not use Reshade either because it puts my pc on knees.

Last edited:
What is your graphic card ?
do you have a laptop or desktop pc ?
on laptop you must go at your video driver setup to force the use of dedicated graphic card for gtr2.exe otherwise it will use integrated graphics which give lower fps.

I did not make screenshots but here are my fps :
full 45fps
high 60fps
med 80fps
low 120fps
I do not use crewchief so I use bitsum process to enable all cpu cores for gtr2.exe
If you use crewchief then all cpu cores will be enabled by default.

Thanks again for your help mate!

This is a desktop PC (MOBO ASRock H61M-DGS, i5-3330, 16GB Ram Corsair 1600), Samsung 870 Evo SSD, Silent Storm 600w modular PSU, integrated Intel graphics).

I don't use Crew Chief, and I'm curious to compare all the graphics settings as you did.

Can you tell me more about the bitsum process you were talking about? Cause I can't see any benefits when switching from one core to multicore. Tried Bill2, Process Lasso, even tried to set priority and affinity via Windows task manager but still no luck. Enabling/disabling the feature doesn't move the FPS at all :O_o:

your pc is powerful enough for gtr2...except 1 important thing : intel integrated graphics give poor results with hq patch indeed. Try to consider buying a gtx750ti at least or anything higher if you have the budget and your performances will jump.
I use bitsum process lasso pro :
but as @Jempy said without dedicated graphic card I guess you will not see any difference :(

Thanks for your support guys, that means a lot.

Living with an integrated graphic card is an absolute nightmare in these days, I've been looking for a decent compromise and try to play at some goold old sim, I don't have the feeling that we will return to affordable prices for the GPU's in a relative short time.

I will purchase a realative cheap (100-200 EUR) GPU for sure in the next months, I could even find a good used card, who knows.

Thing is that I've been able to play GTR2 on this machine flawlessly, almost everything set to "full" (apart from usual things like shadows, reflections, headlights, etc) until I tried to install the 10th Y.A.P. for the first time (I don't want to offend the stunning job made by GTR233). After the first attempt, I've never been able to see a smooth and fluid software even if I uninstall EVERYTHING and try to install a standard V1.1, it's terrible.

Now the on-screen HUD costs me a lot of FPS by itself (never had this problem before), the overall fluidity is like "now looks good...no now it stutters...no ok it looks good...mm not sure...no it stutters a bit" and the FPS fluctuate between 63 and 48 at low settings. You can guess, it's unplayable.

rFactor 1 looks great and fluid on the same damn machine. The first time I installed GTR2 it was great too, I played it for 10 hours and it was ok. That's why I think there's something weird here.
No difference between 1 core, multicore or priorities, the HUD sucks a lot of FPS, the difference between the graphics settings is not so great. Yes for sure it gains some more FPS at lower settings, but I can clearly see the fluctuation and that "fluid-not fluid" feeling.

Really don't know what to say

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing