RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm just going to leave this here...
(as it turns out, I can't add more than one video, so watch out for the next post!)

Picking the Volvo for the first time, I enjoyed a brilliant battle with Arunas in Race #1, topping it off with a classic touring car move, hopefully that paint exchange was still within the limits? ;)

race #2, on the contrary, featured a brief moment beyond limits going into the carousel, sending Alex up in the air (sorry!) - followed by a hunt through the field and another nice battle to the line with Arunas!

Thanks for the brilliant racing, everyone!

Well, I'll keep it brief.

I managed to get round in both races, although not on the pace at all. Although I have experience driving round here, I've never driven the E30 and didn't have time to set the car up prior to the race, meaning I wasn't happy with the car going into the races.

I think some of my braking points surprised some of you at times (sorry to Nelson, Daniel and Alex in particular). Shame I couldn't be 5% quicker and a bit more confident on the braking and turn in points. I don't think I trashed anyone's race, but sorry if I did.

And .....I'd just like to say......Bjorn and Arunas - what a finish to R1!!!!!! :)

That was a good crowd and some close racing through the entire grid!
Thanks to all that came.

A couple of small tweaks to my car to update it and I was good to go, not perfect but much better than Daniel's Volvo!

Race1:I've been doing left foot braking for a bit as it seems GSCE[SCE as it's now refered to in RD] needs its use. This got me a SnG at the launch. I was at least lucky enough to stay with the lead all the way to pit in so only lost two places. I caught Alex at Aremberg and he left me room on the inside and I tried to quickly get out of his way. The rest of my race was a fun clear track :D.

R2: A much better start, looks like Bjorn and I sandwiched Kevin at T1 but it didn't look like a problem[?]. Contact with Alex at the Flugplatz had me run in the grass until he could get back ahead, so a couple of places lost and now in the thick of it. Alex takes a tumble in the Karusel and I squeeze "underneath" Alex :confused:. Daniel is losing ground and make it past on the straight only to be in the barriers at Pit In. Not much time lost and back to catch Daniel, I do, I do and I tag him in the right hander to the Karusel, Arunas slips by. Rat's to me for hitting Daniel but I close on Arunas just as Daniel goes to the grass in the fast Pflansgarten section. Aarunas hits the grass after the mini Karusel but soon drafts past me to the end of the long straight :(. He's soon moved out of sight and the last lap becomes a lonely fight to stay off the barriers.

I think that was a pretty exciting Nord's. We'll see you again Wednesday for more high speed maddness :thumbsup:.

Good racing with everyone again. I'd not raced these retro tourers before, an my Nordschleife on Race07 experience is limited, but I got into the swing of things.

Race 1 went ok and after quite a while on my own I ended up 4th. Race 2 started very well but Dennis and I had a touch and got a little sideways. Then later Bjorn and I had a touch and I ended up... upways?

For anyone that wishes to carry on with Race 07 in a similar style to what you have here, and with at least 2 familiar names (myself and Bjorn) I'm just going to leave this here... followed by this specific bit here. All are welcome. Except aliens. No aliens please!

I'll see you again on Friday for the Minis, and maybe in another life on Stock Car Extreme or Asetto Corsa. Who knows?

It's was very enjoyable race and a sad race, because of one of the last races with R07 at RD.
I knew I can be faster with VOLVO!, but I wanted competition and switched to BMW, where I don't have experience. As always a little bit tweaked default setup worked perfectly.
R1 was quite clean and without big mistakes, but R2 was track-grass-barier-grass-track edition :D
Great racing all! ;)

Ouch, this is sad news! :( I recently bought a one year subscription just in case I can jump into an event. :unsure:

Does it mean there won't be any Race07 events in the future or will there be at least a few with a longer entry time to get it filled up? I see that the new premium system and the huge amount of events might have cost us a few drivers but having no Race07 events at all would be a shame. :(

The few of us that have regularly been entering events have been trying the other sims and I think all of us[the few] are ready to make the move completely. Most I think are going to Stock Car Extreme[GSCE/SCE], it seems the best option for older PC's, very multiplayer friendly and already full of old Race07 fans..

I doubt we will be able to generate a populated grid in the future and that is the reason for ...
[it's very difficult for me to say "shutting down", "terminating", "ceasing"] I feel really bad being the guy here as staff. It will be a shame.

Don't worry Dennis. I see the need to do this step. Honestly it's just the fact that I can't buy a better PC at the moment which hinders me from making the move, too. ;)
Time to go and try the Stock Car Extreme demo available here, then - the game's based on the same engine as R07, although highly optimized & modified, so it shouldn't be more demanding on system specs. In fact, it seems to be running even better for quite some people :)

Story time!
Back when I was a small kid, we drove a BMW E21 - at least that's what I believe to vaguely remember and what they've told me ;)
The first new car that I can actually remember arriving at our doorstep however, was a Seat Marbella, the sister car of Fiat's Panda. However, a stock paintjob was too boring for my parents, so they decided on something more... custom. In fact, they went for one that was featured in the promotional brochures - likely not intended to be actually used. Oh well (at the time and the age of ~4/5, this was awesome, obviously ;))
The car that ultimately replaced the trusty Marbella was a Seat again - an Ibiza 6K, this time colored in a more... socially acceptable way, red ;)

Anyways - although there've been other cars afterwards, everytime a racing game offers a Seat (which doesn't happen that often), there isn't much of a choice to make for me: The Seat it is.
Race 07 was no exception and thus it was the Leon that I drove both in that one single player career and at my first RD event and many events since. Hence, it seemed fitting to pay tribute today, taking the available Seats to Nords.
(I've also figured out how to increase the video quality, so you could also watch it over at YT or switch to fullscreen)

Thanks for the time hunt, guys, and see you at Friday's grand finale!

(Also, there was another lap of Caterham 320 craziness that I barely survived after 7:30.491 ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%