RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

And the low amount of signs up, could been seen coming from miles away. Premium and running stock content = tool for failure. Even thou I haven't raced for, I don't know, 2-3 months? I still have come here every single day, to check if any interesting combo would show up. None of the proposed ideas like, possible any unofficial series, etc were delivered either.

Also, I am kinda disappointed that without any warnings you just decided to stop hosting, without possibly checking up with us, a part of your community, with a poll or something, the reason why we haven't signed up for the last months. I'm sure many have switched sim due to they just grew tired of no innovation. But I respect your decisions, and I had have a great time here.

I will still stick around on RD, for the casual posting here and there, but I guess my days as a Sim racer is over then. So in a way, what can be better than go into the jaws of death on Nordschleife and hoping for a glorious battle?

I'm in!

I'm in. Pity it's all over though. Thank you Dennis for your service here. Out of interest, what happened to the Irish father and son who always raced Race 07? The Blains?

I would have raced more if low aids were allowed. in the more powerful cars. Loved the radicals too.

Nevermind, the Nord is a good place to end it all.

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Anderstorp and Macau
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:10 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (30 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
20:30 GMT Practice
20:40 GMT: Qualification
21:10 GMT: Race (30 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Björn Golda
  3. -Alex Odell
  4. -Nelson Ullinskey
  5. -John Grant
  6. -Arunas Linkevicius
  7. -Damian Millett
  8. -Peter Ell
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Ah sorry mate. I expected that explanation. Unfortunately I'm in a long meeting on Wednesday. Was just hoping my first guess was wrong and it would run for longer.

By the way is there a chance for another time trial? I could imagine something running on a shorter track, with only one car and maybe one or two weeks. This would give those like me a challenge, who can't run at a specific day time. And the suggested format could lead to very close gaps in the end. I could name some nice (addon)tracks if you like to but also would like many of the stock tracks. Just a thought...

Well, that could had gone better. However, I knew I wasn't going to produce any good results.
These older WTCC cars are the ones that I have least experience with. I think I may have only raced with them 3-4 times since I joined RD back in 2010 and I have always picked the Alfa for that.
And the Alfa is pretty easy on the handling.

But, since this is likely going to be my last race with RD (unless R07 is still going to be used, which it seems, it wont), I wanted to try something new. Step out from the comfort zone and go up in flames!
So I picked the Volvo, and what a complete disaster. Every corner it felt like I was a part of a Tokyo Drift event, and therefore I had to fight the car constantly. I have to admit thou, it felt pretty good, taking a corner in full drift mode, but as a race car, I think Nordschleife might had been little to much for it to handle. I had a few spins, some caused by me, and some caused by others. But hey, it's racing! If you don't race like they do in BTCC, you're doing it wrong!

So, I guess, this is it then. I want to thank you @Dennis Phelan and @Björn for keeping R07 alive as long as possible. And thank you Björn for the creation of the skins. A part of me, can't really believe it's over and the same part of me wished it wasn't. In a way I feel responsible for R07 demise, but what to do, when you have more or less raced with it since it's release, and you start to look around for things, to keep your interest up, just to find that it's no go. You grow tired of it, and take a break, to return later, hoping for some change.

GTR2 is even older, but I still play that game every single day, due to mods. I will do the same with R07. It's due to modding and that keeps a game alive. Even if it's being considered officially dead.
Games like Oblivion, Fallout and early 2000 games still alive and kicking today.

Anyway, we might see each other in other games. Who knows. So again, thank you and a big thank you goes also to all who has raced with us through at the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%