Run Dedicated Server and Race Too?

Hi Folks,

I have two desktop computers. One is my high end Gaming PC, and the other a 7 year old Dell desktop PC running Windows 10. I can setup the Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server on my Gaming PC and when I run it, it shows up in the AC lobby right away in Content Manager. When I try to do so with the same exact setup on the older PC (copying the server folder over and changing the IP address in the Router) the log file shows it attempts to connect to the AC Lobby but fails after 4 attempts. I've completely given up trying to ever figure out why.

My question is this. Can I have the Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server running on my Gaming PC and then using Content Manager, join my own server for a race with other people on the same PC? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Roger

I'm answering my own question here. Yes, I was indeed able to start the Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server on my Gaming PC and then using Content Manager join it for a race in AC with absolutely no issues. I'm not sure how the internet bandwidth will be affected by my doing this (I have Xfinity Burst at up to 800 mbps on a CAT6 ethernet cable) but I hope it will be fine. Happy racing in AC everyone. :)

Roger

Hi Roger, Just for your info its the Upload speed that is the major factor in a server. If you look on the AC server manager when you select the amount of clients it gives you an assumed upload amount. Server don't use a lot of resources PC wise.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.0%