Rumor: Fanatec ClubSport pedals v3 on the way?

A guy did some datamining on a Fanatec driver and found these babies:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Read the thread over at Reddit for some more info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/38tdvn/image_of_fanatec_clubsport_pedals_v3_from_the/

They sure look sweet!

Why ppl keep on saying that CSP's are unreliable? I've used v1's about 3 years and there has never been any problems with them. Sensors work an everything else.

Upvote 0
My V2's worked fine for 2 years then the clutch sensor went bad. As soon as I replaced that, the brake pedal quit working. I replaced the load cell and the brake still didn't work. I have now ordered a new pcb for the pedals, so we'll see if that resolves things. That's three weeks and $100 bucks out the window...
foaming-elmo.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes, they look good, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to upgrade from V2. Maybe if they would offer an upgrade pack. I'm wondering if the new pedal style fits the V2 pedals and can be purchased separately.

About the problems with the quality of Fanatec products, it's true for some people they tend to break more often than for others, but from my experience their after sales support is excellent. I only had one issue with the V2 pedals, sent it to Germany for service (they refunded the shipment cost) and got it back fixed within 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Looks interesting, the brake pedal on my CSR Elites stopped working yesterday, I suspect a dead loadcell (it's been 2 and a half years after all) so I will prob just replace it for cheap, but the pedals have developed some squeak and noise over the years so I'm considering a upgrade.
But Fanatec hasn't released that video officially yet, how do we know it's real? It does look real though.

Upvote 0
Now I am hesitating !
If Heusinkveld pedals had been in stock, I would have already ordered a Pro set... but the ps4/XOne compability of those CSP V3 pedals is a significant advantage.

Upvote 0
That's quite a significant jump in price too tough. If I didn't have to pay import taxes I would for sure get a set of Protosimtech pedals, they look like a steal for the price asked! But with taxes and transport, plus having to deal with US only support and warranty makes these v3 puppies quite interesting to me.
To bad they don't seem to come with an optional inversion kit like the CSR elites. :(

Upvote 0
I think its wonderful that there's a handful of people in the world that have working CSP v2's, congrats to the few of you. The rest of the world seems to have serious reliability issues with them, hence the reason I'm sure that the v3's are being released. Thomas even said on the Fanatec blog that they've been improved for reliability so you lucky few people in the world can keep drinking from the river of denial all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the overall reliability of the v2 pedals are far less than even Fanatec is willing to accept. All of the improvements in the Fanatec CSW v2 likely wouldn't exist right now had the v1 been more reliable but thankfully they got tired of fixing the CSW v1 so they went back to the drawing board. I suspect the CSP v3's will have improved reliability also which is good for the consumer.

Upvote 0
Yes, they look good, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to upgrade from V2. Maybe if they would offer an upgrade pack. I'm wondering if the new pedal style fits the V2 pedals and can be purchased separately.

About the problems with the quality of Fanatec products, it's true for some people they tend to break more often than for others, but from my experience their after sales support is excellent. I only had one issue with the V2 pedals, sent it to Germany for service (they refunded the shipment cost) and got it back fixed within 2 weeks.

I agree. I've had great repair support from Fanatec. I can't complain about that.

Looks interesting, the brake pedal on my CSR Elites stopped working yesterday, I suspect a dead loadcell (it's been 2 and a half years after all) so I will prob just replace it for cheap, but the pedals have developed some squeak and noise over the years so I'm considering a upgrade.
But Fanatec hasn't released that video officially yet, how do we know it's real? It does look real though.

I don't know if there's any official photos of the new pedals but they absolutely do exist. People have already asked Thomas directly if the v2 pedals they have on order will be upgraded to the v3 pedals or if they should cancel their order and order the V3's when they're available and Thomas replied that all existing orders will be automatically upgraded to the newest version.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing